Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Zaphod42 posted:

Still requires me to get up off my couch and access the xbox physically when I have a perfectly good wireless controller in my hands. Not really much different.

Whats the thought there anyways? Players may not be smart enough to hard reset their own machines... so we make it even harder to do for those times when they have to?

I mean clearly the intent is for a device which is on 24/7 and never has to be hard reset, but the Xbone is so far from a server machine its not even funny.

You can hard reset from your couch. Go to settings > power settings > reset console.

Moving is for chumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

MickRaider posted:

Maybe for like the first day it was like that. But hey let's continue being lovely.

Laserface has been burned by the state of MCC, there's no coming back for him.

I installed the beta last night, going to give it a go tonight. I'll post my matchmaking impressions in here!

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I've played about 6 matches now. Getting so badly beaten, it hurts.

What control method is the best? I'm using the default at the moment and it seems OK.

Matchmaking's a little slow but no big issues so far.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

MickRaider posted:

I've just been using Default. Destiny and borderlands has ruined me.

Bumper Jumper is probably best, though moving sprint really threw me off.

Is the shoulder barge the same as in destiny ie. you sprint for a while and then your melee will change into the barge?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
There's some good verticality in the maps. Everyone mentioned it already but loving hell it's hard to see the blue team on that dark map. I couldn't find anyway to alter the brightness either, not included in the beta?

Been trying to groundpound someone with no success, seems pretty tricky.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

MickRaider posted:

Yeah I don't think there's a way to adjust brightness. Maybe the console has some settings? Also try adjusting your TV's brightness.

Probably the worst part of the beta is all the loving blue.

I'm pretty sure there's no way on the console. I'll just deal with it, it's only annoying on that one map with the blue team.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Zaphod42 posted:

If they're not going to use other colors on the maps, they could at least make it so all your allies are always blue and your enemies are always red, rather than having "team colors".

Yeah, cg_forcecolor 1 like good ole quake 3.

Just had one quick game of slayer while I had the TV for 20 minutes and it was really god damned close. Kept getting the lead then losing the lead, then getting it back.

We ended up tied with 49 each, sudden death. I saw two scrubs gathered in perfect grenade throwing distance so I launch a couple of pineapples right at their dumb feet

"relax boys, craftys got this" :clint:

http://xboxclips.com/CryBabyGeeks/1c44fea7-590b-497d-9b29-a6390757eefc

:(

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

John Lightning posted:

Yeah I love this beta. The Thruster is so much fun to use, same with the other abilities. I'm having almost as much fun as I did in Halo 2.

The thruster is a huge addition, it turns those situations where you walk round a corner and see two enemies from a "well I'm hosed" to a "boost the gently caress out of here", which is a much more enjoyable experience.

I like the headshot kill sound. It's a nice *pop*

Gonna try out the new maps today, see how they are.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

AwwJeah posted:

One change I haven't seen anyone comment on...the reticle is now directly in the center of the screen. Was throwing the feel of the game off for me a bit there.

But I'm enjoying myself...

http://xboxclips.com/Aww+Jeah/600fcd4a-47f7-4564-839c-15a3339fbe01

Whack a mole.

I noticed a lot of players don't bother with ADS when they kill me with BR, it shows on the kill cam. I'm using ADS less and getting more kills that way, bad habits from destiny.

With BR how many bursts should it take to kill someone. It feels like I need about ten to twenty bursts and everyone else needs two. Are you meant to aim at the chest with that gun?

Have been getting owned a lot but been having fun while also getting really annoyed and shouting. Definitely feels like halo.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
There's a 100mb update, not sure what it does.

I feel like i'm not getting any better at this game even though I've put about 8 hours in. I aim like a blind man

Funkmaster General posted:

4 shots.

Aim for the chest for the first three shots - it's easier to hit that way and headshots don't do any extra damage when shields are up. The third shot drops the shield, so aim up and pump the last burst into their head for the kill.

The same goes for the DMR and light rifle, except DMR takes four to sown shields, so hit the head with the 5th. Lightrifle needs either 5 or 6 unscoped, but only 3 total (two body, one head) while scoped.

Sniler rifle, go for a headshot right away, as it is the only weapon with a damage bonus to shielded heads (kills in 1 headshot, obviously).

Thanks

Crafty fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Some TTK stuff from reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2rse9w/kill_times_for_all_weapons_in_the_h5_beta/

quote:

Here is the full list (to the frame) for the kill times for each rifle we have seen so far. (In order of kill time)
Flawless AR (all to the head) - (31 frames) - 1.03 seconds
Flawless SMG - (32.5 frames, vid editor is 30fps/lag possibly) 1.08 ish
Pistol - (33 frames) 1.10
LR - Scoped once, then 2 unscoped - 1.10
LR - Scoped 3 times - (34 frames) 1.13
LR - unscoped 4 times - (37 frames) 1.24
BR - (40 frames) 1.34
DMR 1.40 (42 frames)
In comparison to other games
CE Pistol - 0.6
H2/H4 BR - 1.43
H3 BR - 1.52
H4 5SK BR - 1.8

I've had MCC for a week yet but haven't even booted anything beyond the menu screen, all I've been playing is the H5 beta. Definitely fun.

• Locked thread