Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I couldn't get into Sleeping Dogs because the game wants you to be a good cop and not drive round the pavements getting ultra kills, which is kind of like the only thing I like doing in those games. Play Sleeping Dogs if you want to be immersed in the role of an undercover cop in Hong Kong and obey the driving laws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

keyvin posted:

Anyone else have tips for managing ADD when it comes to a huge GOG.com and Steam collection? I'd like to beat or finish something, but the last game I got through was torchlight 2 (90 hours of play). That was in 2013. I probably own like 200 games total. I remember before steam sales I would have one or two games I would play and honestly I am overwhelmed by the options.

Stop buying games on impulse, only buy something if you think you're actually going to engage with it for more than one play session, use your leftover money to do other fun things which aren't playing games.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Eonwe posted:

wait what the gently caress, there is a layton vs phoenix game

holy poo poo I need that

It's not that great. I mean if you're a hardcore fan you're probably gonna get it anyway but the AA side of things really gets left out in the cold towards the end so adjust your expectations accordingly

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Do you like that bit in AA games where after eating huge amounts of bullshit from the real murderer you finally pry open the hole in their argument with decisive evidence and the high energy turnabout music comes on and you expose their crimes to the world?

If so PLvAA is not the game for you

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Sleeping Dogs' ludonarrative dissonance (:10bux: phrase, I know) is the best because the fistfighting is just so immediate and brutal. You call your superiors to let them know about the latest in the horrible crime family, hang up the phone, then sprint down the street and do a flying kick to the back of some random woman's head. Every open world game has this dissonance to some degree, but the fact that you're an undercover cop actually makes more sense to me than in other games where you're meant to be the good guy, because I just assume your superiors have no idea what you're up to, and you're just some psychopath taking advantage of the situation to do all kinds of horrible stuff.

Maybe I'll give it another go just playing like a dick, it just felt like you were playing against the game's expectations even more than usual and that took me out of it. I guess that's why Saint's Row works so well, where the actual narrative and gameplay mechanics are perfectly in sync with the player being a tremendous dick.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Looper posted:

Isn't it about the witch hunts? That sounds kinda not that great

Spoilers: It's fair to say there's two people who really look like they should have it coming to them and are basically set up the whole game to be the very obvious antagonists, only for the game to twist itself in circles to explain how there were actually no villains and everyone involved is just a tragedy case. And Nick gets completely sidelined in the narrative and lead by the nose by Layton through the entire final trial too

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

2014 good games:

Shovel Knight - Basically the best and most accessible NES game ever made
METAL GEAR RISING - REVENGENCE - This wasn't a great year for games and it got a PC release in 2014 so I'm gonna count this again

2014 bad games:

Wasteland 2 - It's a really ugly, poorly paced game with a really bad skill system and tons of busywork skillchecks. Hopefully Torment will be a little more refined and well thought through
Wolfenstein - I really wanted to like this one but the shooting as still really bland and cover heavy despite its best efforts not to be. Why even bother letting me overcharge my health if it's going to drop back down in like ten seconds before I can even get in the next fight? And the retro dream levels really underscored how weak and gimpy your dude's abilities were compared to the same guy from like 1990 or whenever.

Best effort/most improvement:

Dragon Age 3 - If the loading times were cut in half, you could move around the world at an actual decent speed and they cut out some of the busywork bullshit this would be a really good game

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Same. Wii U had a great year of amazing games.

Yeah this really goes without saying. Smash Bros and Mario Kart are fantastic, working through Bayonetta 1 before I move onto 2 but that's been really good too even though it's completely handing me my arse on normal

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

I don't know why people hate him so much. He's just boring as gently caress and acts smug about being a big video game person. I mean, I can barely watch the guy because his voice puts me to sleep.

This is a repost from my rant forum on my site and since I'm interested only in it being read, rather than advertising or shilling it out for hits, I'm going to just repost it here. Before I do let me give you a quick introduction.

I finally registered on the SA forums a week or so ago having been a loyal reader for a couple of years. I don't like the new design of the site, I want to kill it with fire, I liked my good-old Web1.0 scrolly site, give it back please.

I'm posting this here because you lot are smart, and as such, I have no issues with you telling me that you think I'm wrong with this pseudo-rant. This may also be preaching to the choir a bit and for that I sincerely apologize. I hope at least you get some enjoyment out of this. If you're one of those fellows who likes to Digg, the article also has a Digg page, do with it as you see fit - http://digg.com/general_sciences/At...you_intelligent

With that said and done, here goes.

"It's novello time, and it's about religion, so unless you're ready to deal with some views you may not agree with, switch off now. In the words of Illidan "You are not prepared".

Let's get this out here right now. I'm a 23 year old law graduate with an IQ of 155. My political beliefs are liberal and leftist, I listen to Metal and I enjoy violent movies, books and videogames, and I've been a Christian since birth. Baptised, confirmed of my own free will, son of a priest (who are pretty notorious for rebelling against their father's religious beliefs just for the sake of it). I'm part of the Anglican Church of England, which is pretty much the result of Henry the 8th getting pissed off with the catholics not allowing him to divorce his wife(s). We're the state religion of the UK, if you could even say the UK has one, we're pretty liberal about most things, women priests, gay priests, homosexuals in general, sex before marriage, contraception, we take the modern, reasonable way of looking at all of them. At the end of the day, the Bible taught us about forgiveness and being excellent to one another. It had a bit of a round-about way of doing it but what do you expect for a 2000 year old book written entirely by clerical males? It's gonna be a bit out of date, you've gotta read it in context.

I have no problems with anyone's beliefs. Be whatever you want, as long as you believe (or don't believe) for a good reason. But here's what I really don't like, trend-atheism/trend-theism (also referred to as e-atheism, since it seems to be most prevelant in the domain of anonymous blogspammers and Digg-users).

In my late teens, I spent a long time thinking. Yeah, just sitting around and thinking, thinking about faith. Thinking about what it is that I believe in. Rationalizing the various conflicts and contradictions that faith presents us with, looking at the viewpoints of other faiths, or those with no faith at all, taking into account the new things we discover every day and factoring in the influence of science. Some people would claim that, if I had indeed done that, I'd have come to the conclusion, as an intellectual, rational thinker, that God does not exist. They would of course, be wrong.

My beliefs center around several factors. Firstly, it is important for us as human-beings to realize our own limits, and the limits of our understanding. Centuries ago we believed the world was flat. "The Bible told us so!", would be the first cry. Wrong, it really didn't. In the Old Testament, Job 26:7 explains that the earth is suspended in space, the obvious comparison being with the spherical sun and moon. The Old Testament, you remember that one? The one with the fiery bushes, the pillar's of salt, the cool plagues and such? Even that managed to get it right. There's a few more references as well to the 'round' earth (and before you say anything, flat is not a shape, it could have been a flat octagon for all they knew) but I'm not going to go into that yet. We've had computers for less than a century, powered flight for just over a century and of course our amazing horseless carriages. Genetics, electricity, nuclear-bombs, toaster-strudel, the world is in the palm of our hands! And it didn't take us too long did it?

Reality-check, we're still primitives. In the great scheme of things this technology is a mere blip on the historical radar. We've got an awful long way to go before we're able to dissect and understand the mysteries of the universe. We haven't even put a man on Mars yet, let alone left our solar system to find out what exactly is out there. How can it be that we have suddenly, so recently, become so arrogant as to believe we know more than we really do? The Laws of Science are written by man, based on our understanding of how things work. They are theories that, while prove true today, may be debunked by another amazing discovery tomorrow. Which leads onto my next point.

Name this quote "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Arthur C Clarke, physicist and author, smart fellow. It also hilights the point I'm making. Our understanding of the universe is peerless only amongst ourselves. We are not as smart as we think we are. Just as fire wowed the neanderthals, what would it take to wow us? What would make our jaws drop and our minds boggle? Well, any sufficiently advanced technology of course. And what is technology after-all? Man-made machines. The concept of technology is a human concept, a concept that may, in other parts of the universe, not even exist, replaced by something even more advanced than that, so advanced that we cannot comprehend it. Not surprising really as we mammals only use 10% of our brains.

So where am I going with this? Simple really, take yourself off of your high-horse, you, and the human race, is not as smart as it thinks it is. Now, open your mind a little, and let's explore some possibilities.

The definition of a God. Let us turn to the good book.

Wikipedia.

"God most commonly refers to the deity worshipped by followers of monotheistic and monolatrist religions, whom they believe to be the creator and ruler of the universe. Theologians have ascribed a variety of attributes to the various conceptions of God. The most common among these include omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence, perfect goodness, divine simplicity, and eternal and necessary existence. God has also been conceived as being incorporeal, a personal being, the source of all moral obligation, and the "greatest conceivable existent"

Hmm, a tall order one might think. Could such a being exist? Some argue that logically, he could not, however, there is very little logic in denying the possibility that a being or beings of such power and advancement exist that they could indeed, be considered 'God' within our definition. That's not to say that God is a small green alien with a flying saucer and a phaser though that would give some of the overzealous fundamentalists something to sweat over, much to our amusement. But what is this God? A creator? Sure, we create. We create technology, we're getting to the stage of being able to create life in one form or another, using the basic building blocks of nature. Could it not be surmised therefore that it is entirely within the realms of possibility that someone or something created those building blocks? Like a programmer creates a new program, someone must have also created the coding language in which he created it. We scramble for answers. We come up with theories. Some believe in the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. Some believe a man in the sky created it everything in 6 days and then mooched around on the 7th. Which is valid?

Neither, and both. They attempt to apply meaning to something where meaning may, or may not exist. Creationism and the Big Bang are in that sense, as bad as each other. They are both merely attempts for us to explain the unexplainable. The Big Bang contradicts our laws of physics (something most catalyse an explosion, therefore something must have been there in the first place, where did that come from, at which point your brain melts). The Creation Story contradicts our laws of physics (Same reasons, who created God after all?). Everything we've so far managed to come up with, from the sublime to the ridiculous, the complex to the simplistic, it's an exercise in desperate straw-clutching. At the end of the day, we don't know jack.

And that's ok. Someone once said that the journey matters more than the destination, it's not the winning, it's the taking part, at least ya tried sport. These explanations of where it all comes from, be they ancient or modern all boil down to the same need. To know. Who'd have thunk it, we've got brains for a reason, and they rather like being used. Those neurons like to be fired, the little grey matter likes a little exercise every once in a while. Just as the Creation Story was a way to explain an unexplainable concept, so is the Big Bang theory. If one were to compare the human mind to a computer, try feeding the Big Bang theory to the medieval man, and it's like trying to shove Bioshock into a Commodore Vic20. Good luck. And what will our children's children's children's grandchildren's children think of our Big Bang theory? My money's on exactly the same thing.

So what am I trying to tell you, stop asking questions, stop looking for answers and just believe whatever the hell suits ya? Absolutely not. Believe whatever suits you, but question it, never stop thinking, never stop asking or learning. In this day and age it seems people are way too willing to believe, or not believe. Belief, or non-belief should be a life-long arduous process and it should end involuntarily, when you fall over dead. Someone (there's a lot of talkative someone's aren't there?) once said 'Never stop believing', I say, "Never stop asking yourself what you believe, and why".

It's time to criticize, so let me load port and starboard cannon and fire a volley at both atheists and theists alike. Believing, or not believing, does not make you intelligent. Smart people do not come to a conclusion on the basis of insubstantial evidence. Smart people do not mindlessly attack other people's beliefs just because they don't conform to their own. Smart people do not assume that their own rigid, poorly formed definitions of logic and faith, reason and belief are mutually exclusive and that if one exists, the other cannot. Smart people think outside the box, not pick fights with those poor souls trapped in it.

What makes you intelligent, is knowing why you believe what you believe. Knowing that you are but one mind, and knowing that at any time you could be proven wrong, only for that person to be proven wrong ad infinitum as we as a race advance.

I suppose you're waiting for my personal beliefs, waiting for this to be some kind of sermon, preaching why my God is better than your God, or non-God. You'll be waiting a long time, because it's not coming. My personal beliefs are just that, personal, they're mine, they belong to me. You cannot take them away from me, only I can. What I can give you though, are my opinions.

Right now shots are being fired. They're not physical shots, they're bullets and shells of ignorance and bigottry. And it's no one-sided battle let me tell you that much. Factionalized camps everywhere you can imagine. Atheists, Theists, Satanists, Christians, Republicans, Democrats, Capitalists, Communists, every group you can imagine, all shouting 'Your God/Non-God sucks, mine is better!'. These days, the internet's become their battleground. So much for sharing knowledge, we're sharing ignorance.

The bigottry and the condemnation has to stop. The sad thing is, I'm having to condemn the condemners. Isn't it lowsy how you generally have to be a hypocrite in order to make a point these days? Food for thought. We can look at the extremes and see the simplistic, secular vs sacred, trend-atheists vs fundamentalist evangelical christians, the most common stereotypes. But in reality, it's so much more complicated than that. It's this stereotyping and narrow-minded attitude that prevents us as a race from achieving the greatness we can. I could make as many decrees as I wanted till I was blue in the face, and I'm going to just to let off a little steam mind you,

"Trend-atheist Digg users, shove your agendas where the sun don't shine, refusing the possibility of a supreme-being does not make you a genius or a radical thinker, it makes you a bloody sheep hiding behind a cloak of anonymity"

"Evangelical Fundamentalist morons, get your overly simplistic, judgmental, dogmatic Crayola God out of my face, you have about as much understanding of the universe as a wet lettuce. That does not make you holy, pure, or guaranteed a private booth at the big game in the sky, it makes you a bloody sheep hiding behind a cloak of propaganda that you only believe because you're told to"

Wow, that feels good, I can understand why you internet-bound condemners like it so much. Gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling doesn't it? What, I'm not allowed to indulge in such a guilty pleasure every once in a while? Play fair Wink

Where's my conclusion? Hell if I know. Did you have the mistaken impression this was some carefully constructed plea for tolerance? Absolutely not, it's an angry slap in the face to my peers. Wake the hell up and use your brain, because my God/Non-god/Explosion/Man-in-the-sky/Vic20 gave you it for a reason.

TB.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Can we keep the insanely bad ethics in videogames chat in GBS please? Thanks for your consideration

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Echoing Dungeons of the Endless being a really good game. For a scrub gamer like me it's really challenging even on Too Easy but I've never had so much fun with a roguelike, it's a really cool little game :3:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

You have received a Stone Award

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kewpuh posted:

i dont think i got any stones on bayo 2 but goddamn it was pretty much all i got on bayo 1

I'm hoping it'll click at some point and I can get halfway good. All those skulls on the continue screen, it's like the game is mocking me :negative:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I cleared Dungeon of the Endless for the first time on Too Easy today which was really fun :)

The game's a complete bastard even on it's lowest difficulty and I lost my hard carry dude three floor from the end but I'd built enough of an economy by then that I could build some really effective killing floors, fight defensively and farm dust for the rest of the playthrough. KIP cannons are absolutely filthy and Mizi is a powerhouse early game

Jon Do posted:

I wanted to like Dragon Age. It's well made, the story isn't mindblowing but it can be decent and the characters are good. The combat system and character building are loving boring and shallow. And I'm tired of gathering. I want to finish this, but can't bring myself to. =(

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ullerrm posted:

It's been sitting in my Steam unplayed folder, daring me to play it. Is it a good "learn the mechanics and it's not so bad" kind of difficulty, or is it more of a "you have a random chance per run to get cornholed by big burly men and there's nothing you can do to anticipate it or prevent it" type?

Mostly the former with a bit of the latter. There's stuff which'll almost certainly catch you off guard the first time round and lead to a wipe, but once you know how to react to can be more or less safely dealt with. It's a really cool little game imo, give it a go

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Buck Turgidson posted:

I got the Heretic/Hexen bundle while it was on sale and I'm really enjoying Heretic. It's basically a well-made fantasy doom wad. Hexen, on the other hand, is total garbage. The gameplay is basically wandering around lovely maps with boring enemies and only a couple of crap weapons looking for switches, then aimlessly poking around trying to figure out what the switch changed, which is often in a different map entirely. Am I missing something or are the Hexen games just awful?

I picked up the whole series in a steam sale a few years ago, I thought even with Heretic there was too much focus on switch hunting and quasi-platforming. It's kinda weird that Doom had probably the best level design of any fps ever and everything since then, including its own sequel has been a downward turn.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

Doom 1 level design is mediocre at best, Doom 2 is better and Plutonia is better still, along with WADs and custom maps

Doom 2 had some of the best levels but also alot more duds, some of the latter levels especially felt really disjointed and reliant on hidden switches/keys. I've never really given Final Doom a proper shake which is something I should probably remedy but Doom felt far more consistent with levels being fun to explore and simple enough that you don't have multiple minute pauses searching for the mechanism to open up the next wing. And played some super highly regarded WAD once and as the game went on the levels starting chucking literal armies of demons at you which just turned into a really boring war of attrition, didn't really do much for me and put me off trying any others to be honest.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Holy poo poo there's mancubi on the first level of plutonia experiment. rip doomguy

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Good cohesive artstyles are more important than whatever flavour of the month colour palette is in at the moment, I mean that's what separates something like The Wind Waker from Sunset Overdrive. Scrub tier art direction is gonna look just as bad with beige and swamp green as it is with teal and orange.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Wii U + PC is the best choice for the best games.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Fun things to talk about in the games chat thread:

- Games

Things which aren't fun to talk about in the games chat thread:

- Gamergate
- The age of consent for nubile young gamer girls
- Imp Zone PM drama

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I've got an F310 and the analogue sticks are pretty terrible, they're almost impossible to click whilst they're tilted which makes sprinting in any game with the command locked into L3 incredibly tiresome. On the other hand my xbox controller causes BSoDs when inserted so :shrug:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ullerrm posted:

I saw Steam's "Anime Weekend Sale" and immediately thought of this thread. :3:

Does anyone have tips for Dungeon of the Endless? A few games in a row now, I've had what felt like a winning combination, only to get to Floor 12 or so and suddenly get no Dust. Like, I've explored half this damned floor, and can only power two rooms, and I get wrecked by the massive floods of enemies that spawn. Is this normal, or am I just getting RNG-hosed? (And if it's normal to be that Dust-starved, what type of characters/equipment should I be looking for that can survive the encounters at that level.)

You need to make your own dust in the last floors. Heavily fortify a few chokepoints and leave rooms around them deliberately unpowered so you can farm enemies early on before the gently caress You waves start spawning. The basic layout I used was a tear gas module, a bio-organic transference module and KIP cannons in all the rest of the slots, once you've built up a bit of dust just line the rooms leading into them with more KIP cannons and a neurostun module if they have a good number of slots. Really you want to already have your economy 90% sorted before you even arrive at the final floors, squirrel away for the winter and all that.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Game Theorists keep popping up as a recommended youtube channel and I wish they would go away

Is Mario a Communist?

Is Peach dead?!

Is Link a ghost?!?!??!?!!!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

makes you think .....

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

kalstrams posted:

Is Bowser racist?

Well, yes

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

On the other hand it's a really obvious hoax and the CIA couldn't successfully cover up a workplace secret santa without numerous leaks and a congressional hearing so they're probably doing history a disservice by presenting MKULTRA (i.e. stuff that actually happened) alongside their bullshit

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

They did it, then it kept on going and it got boring and then it still kept on going, the first playthrough had it moments though.

I thought you had a ton of posts in that thread though? You used to have a Flareon avatar

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

precision posted:

I just looked up this Game Theory channel and they have a video which posits that Polybius was an extension of the CIA's MKULTRA mind control experiments with LSD. and the video included plenty of real facts about what the US government did to people like give one guy LSD every day for 6 months without telling him. so, the rest of their videos may be clickbait and dumb but if some kids get to learn about that then cool I guess?

I just watched that video and it's like baby's first loose change. It literally ends with 'Sure there's no evidence, but doesn't that just show how deep it goes?!?!!'

The world doesn't need more truthers

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Davincie posted:

i thought that gif where they kept falling off the little ridge was funny, but i've never seen anything else

The time we defied the odds and actually used the master ball to catch Zapdos, and then immediately murdered most of our party to make room for him was pretty funny. Also the spinner maze was hillarious

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

precision posted:

a ton of posts in the first like week, yes. like i said it got boring real
fast.

the Flareon av was bought for me, dunno why.

oh man they're still doing it, looks like they're playing some 3D pokemon game and the screen is more full of infogarbage than a CNN news feed, what is even happening

They started doing pokemon saltybet with pokemon stadium autoplays, which is about as thrilling as it sounds. None of the stuff in the later games really matched up to the original, with the exception of red's party in silver being the hall of fame team from pokemon red which was pretty cool, imo the guy behind it should have called it quits there and let it end on a high

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ArfJarson's feud with Widestancer was much hotter, this is just embarassing

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Without modding/cheating Morrowind very quickly becomes a selling things to Creeper simulator which isn't terribly fun. Morrowind is still probably the best at what it does in the whole medium but that's almost entirely in spite of its gameplay

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SMT4 is making me its bitch

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Eye of Widesauron posted:

What're you having trouble with?

It's not any single encounter so much as the general level of difficulty and the chance to get your poo poo wrecked in a single round. Like I get ambushed by a demon, get hit by two super effective attacks and then by the time I get to input actions two of my dudes are dead. I think I need to take team building alot more seriously than 'use whatever dudes with high strength/magic stats' and try and coast it like I did in Strange Journey and Persona

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Coolguye posted:

Kojima himself thought that MGS3 was gonna be the end of it, but when he got pressured into making more of them because they made so much loving money, something had to give. He simply decided that he was gonna make the coolest games he possibly could and to hell with his mythos.

There are folks who can't respect that and honestly that's just smdh

I thought people didn't like MGS4 because it followed canon too closely and went out of its way to reintroduce every surviving character, explain away practically every supernatural occurrence in the series with '''science''' and had multiple half hour plus cutscenes of people dryly talking about the mythos.

I kinda hope TPP is what you just described though

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Adam Bowen posted:

There are about as many good games on the PS3/360 as there are on the Wii though. Last gen was pretty much poo poo.

I said come in! posted:

Video games are dead, never been a good video game in 20 years.

Wow is this just a bad opinion page or what??

Video games own and the last generation owned

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

If you are not traversing a haunted labyrinth in a hungry quest to collect everything within the maze, in a meaningless effort that will merely lead to yet another labyrinth, so you can watch numbers go up and claim that your calloused hands are the best at mashing the buttons and twisting the joystick, you are playing the poo poo generation of games.

Good thing I'm playing SMT4 then

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Adam Bowen posted:

Sure, if you were a PC gamer. Compare last gen to the PS2/Dreamcast/Gamecube gen or the N64/PSX/Saturn gen and marvel at how poo poo it was in comparison.

Hmm actually no last gen was pretty epic with tons of cool games big and small

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence, Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, Super Mario Galaxy, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Remnant, Super Meat Boy, Portal, Bastion. Gaming's ambrosia? I think so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Smash 4 is pretty great and I'm enjoying it alot but I'm not sure how much it's improved by making you grind for custom moves, unlocking them for each of the six or so characters I actually want to get good with is really Not Fun

• Locked thread