Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Nihilarian posted:

The lobster shirt rocks. Right, Aonuma?

I'm so glad this gif exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kuvo posted:

well it took 2 more pages then i predicted but there it is, zelduhtimeline.jpg

That's not the actual timeline, it's way way way better.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kuvo posted:

obv a fake because skyward sword is in the amazing category

Sindai posted:

Obviously fake because Majora's Mask isn't in the amazing catagory.

These are both the rightest opinion.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Robviously posted:

Less timelines, more sea shanties:

:allears: This is exactly what I was hoping would come out of this thread. Someone please sing this.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Geop posted:

HEY SHITLORDS, LET'S SHANTY.

NEITHER CAN I.

:allears: This is amazing, this is going to be amazing and I'm seriously considering contributing. :allears:

I'm so glad I got in on the ground floor of this thread.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Just sent my shanty recording. Times like this I really wish I wasn't a teetotaler because good lord I have a lot of personal embarrassment just from recording that that needs drowning :v:

Yeah, this is one of the first times in my life I wish I did drink.

I also wish I hadn't just gotten sick. Hopefully I'll get better before the deadline.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Spinner was great, the Arbiter's Grounds is one of the best Zelda dungeons ever, the Double Clawshots were awesome and the Yeti House dungeon is severely overhyped.

The yeti house dungeon's item is basically useless.

The intro is too long, the game gives you two projectile weapons for no reason and most of the items are completely superfluous.

Walking on the walls with the Iron Boots was pretty cool and that's a thing I'd like to see reused.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Star Man posted:

I love how all but one person completely forgot about Zelda 2, as if it's some kind of bad memory. Show us on the doll where Zelda 2 touched you.
My mother hated video games when I was growing up, so OoT was my first Zelda.

Faerie Fortune posted:

Twilight Princess is great because you can start fishing within the first hour and then proceed to do nothing else for six hours :colbert:
Arguably a better use of 6 hours than slogging through the plot and the dungeons.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I would be with you on that if it wasn't for Groose.

Groose loses points for being in the worst 3D Zelda.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Wow I have never seen two wronger Zelda opinions come out in such quick succession.

The yeti house item is too unwieldy to have any reasonable applicability. If it wasn't necessary for the boss fight, I never would have used it at all.

Skyward Sword looked nice, but it handled like hot garbage, it had a worse co-protagonist than Navi (which is impressive), had awful, timed, mandatory stealth sections, was generally boring and did I mention how bad those controls were?

The desert had some neat ideas. gently caress Tadtones.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Wind Waker 4 panel comics are great, but spoileriffic (obviously). Also, that one needs to be read right to left.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Two relevant ones that are my favorites:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

How in the hell is this thread treading water? You'd think we would have drowned in the sheer number of nautical puns over the last couple of pages.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dastardly posted:

I bought that gba gamecube thing solely for the Tingle Tuner and that was the only use I ever got out of it.

McDragon posted:

I remember the Tingle Tuner being a fun little gimmick in the original version.

In theory, the Tingle Tuner turns the game into a two player game, where one player controls Link and the other helps out by pointing out secrets and giving extra bombs at opportune times.

In practice, the player with the Tingle Tuner drains Link's wallet dropping bombs on Link's head and draws Link's attention to completely meaningless things over and over and over and over and over....

It's incredibly aggravating for the Link player if they're trying to actually progress the game and it's apparently the peak of comedy for the Tingle player.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wind Waker Battleship is one of the best Zelda minigames ever, for no other reason than the sound effects.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Suspicious Dish posted:

Yeah, come on guys, don't you know that $MOST_RECENT_CONSOLE_ZELDA sucks but $THE_ONE_BEFORE_THAT is amazing? You could turn into a wolf, there was sassy sexy weird furry girl sidekick, and you went into a Frozen dude's house for a dungeon.

You're kidding, right? Twilight Princess was aggressively mediocre, bordering on straight up bad.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I think Twilight Princess' worst sin is the underusage of the amazing spinner and the inflated importance of the Dominion Rod, which was basically useless.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Danaru posted:

Confused meandering is the best part of any Legend of Zelda LP :allears:

Absolutely. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

I encountered Clamato for the first time in my life on my latest trip to the USA (late last year). I almost vomited just looking at the can in the fridge at the deli I was in. What the gently caress is wrong with you people

I'm from the US and I had never heard of Clamato until recently. It sounds vile.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Vicas posted:

incidentally, GRAPPLING HOOK

She even does a Zelda twirl!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wind Waker came out almost 12 years ago people.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Suspicious Dish posted:

gently caress. Now I feel old :(

2003 was my last year of high school, how do you think I feel?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Avskum posted:

I for one think this LP promotes an unhealthy relationship to alcohol and oh god won't somebody think of the children rabble rabble

Didn't you listen to Panzer? All she could think about was the children and how much she wanted to hug them.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I don't really get -

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I hope Geop was paying attention to the dialogue in this episode so he doesn't start the next session by having to ask the tree dude where's Makar?

:aaaaa: Oh, holy poo poo

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Geop posted:

Thought that up while editing the final episode of this session. I was saving that pun for the next update title, but now it's been snagged and bellowed throughout the thread. ANGER :mad: I SHALL REPLACE IT

OH GO I'M SO SORRY.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ometeotl posted:

You don't have to hit the spinnything, you know, you can propel the rafts with just gusts of wind aimed the other way.

Glaive17 posted:

Thank you, I was thinking this exact same thing the whole video, but I haven't played this game in so long I wasn't sure if I was just remembering wrong or not.

Yeah, I was thinking this too and I'm legitimately surprised that none of the commentators mentioned it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Panzer Skank posted:

By the way if anyone wants to know what anime i'm drunkenly rambling about it's Cute High Earth Defense Club Love!, which is amazing and everyone should watch it. The villain is a hedgehog that talks in the deepest voice ever.

I was honestly curious, but also didn't want to be the person to ask.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The takeaway from this video is that Geop is figuring out Wind Waker and Panzer should never be sober.

That story about Panzer's birthday was amazing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tollymain posted:

unrelated to onion stuff

source
These are amazing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Being a native Seattleite, joining in on this endeavor is really tempting.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm so glad Vicas remembered the Hyoi Pear. :allears:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

FillInTheBlank posted:

So when is the first post-Blooming Onion recording session going to be?

PAX Prime is at the end of August.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Suspicious Cook posted:

GeoGeo's Booze-arre Adventure

Holy poo poo.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Suspicious Dish posted:

So here's some bonus content I've been working on, since you guys have been liking my random technical knowledge.

Wind Waker actually has plenty of unused content, and we recently got to Greatfish Isle, I figured I'd show off a useless but neat glitch called Chest Storage which lets us gently caress with the chest triggers and get items we weren't supposed to. Like this unused item.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os23YnCvc0E

I'm still not used to live commentary, so it's a bit stilted, sorry :(

If you guys enjoy this, I might do some more of them. Zelda glitches are fun!

Special thanks to Abahbob who gave me a save file that starts out at Greatfish Isle, and Vicas for route planning.

Ahahahahahahahaha, holy poo poo.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Rarity posted:

Modern games do suffer from excessive bloom

Oh wow.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Corbeau posted:

Seattle owns. My regular game store (Card Kingdom) literally has a bar and restaurant attached. Had some good times playing board games over beers and fries.

This is a true post. I know we have a bunch of pinball bars, but I'm not as sure about arcades.

Is this thread going to turn into Seattlechat? Because I'm all about Seattlechat.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kallev posted:

Arachnophobes are therefore their own worst enemies, trapped in a cycle of fearing the spiders they create, thus birthing more spiders.

Fuuuuuuck, I'm responsible for all the spiders I'm so terrified of? That explains so much!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

This thread is becoming a real minefield, but I appreciate that all the spider pics are linked.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Of course, as soon as I went to try it again it wasn't working anymore. :v:

But it just turns out you just have to be in a subforum and it doesn't work on your Control Panel!

It works for me from my Control Panel. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kallev posted:

I used to be okay with spiders. Not cool with them, but okay. Then a brown recluse took residence in my boots and informed me rather rudely.

Did you get to keep your foot?! :ohdear:

• Locked thread