Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

yes it is hes just looking to drop some mad knowledge on the city corporation with its own police and rules and stuff yadda yadda yadda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

shut the gently caress up about the tories and post pics of local eccentrics/people that probably should've been sectioned

like the norwich puppet man - almost certainly clinically insane street 'entertainer'. probably commits a lot of inappropriate touching

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Right. To counter the annoying fags and betas that seem to be taking over this sceptered isle with their incessant crying about how much they hate the UK, have some pix + scant info. We ruled the world at one point and it wasn't because we lucked out: re weather and the crops it yielded like the lazy egyptians or our island geography forcing us to have superior naval forces... it's because we were ALPHAS and I for one try to appreciate what my ancestors did to give me a fuckign amazing standard of living. The UK is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more advanced that you idiots realise. Go to any country outside of a US coastal city and see for yourself.

Here is bath. Goon translation: the KYOTO of ENGLAND. It's old and has old buildings. And its beautiful. And the girls there are beautiful. It's also similar to KYOTO in that its the only place outside of LONDON (TOKYO) that LONDONERS ever bother with.

The oldest underground metro system in the world. Saviour of lives in WWII. Only alphas can handle this twice a day. Summertime temperatures deemed illegal to transport cattle in by the EU, no air-con, regular breakdowns requiring 25 minute waits underground in a tiny carriage while half the people there have panic attacks. Ambulances waiting at the stations to cart off triggered and dehydrated Americans... it has it all. An absolute piece of poo poo but diss it as an outsider and it's liek dissing somebody's family.

Pictured above: real men doing proper work.

Bakerloo line, I think? It was dug by HAND.

Victoria Line. The worst one for breakdowns but it will blast you through London quickly. The viccy line is glorious.

This is CROSSRAIL. It's going to shoot trains east-west through London. Think about the 2,000 years of history underneath London and how that's being dug through, stopping the whole time cos people keep finding things of historical importance - like the plague. Engineers from all over the world are traveling to London off their own back, with their own money, using their own holiday time to watch this happen because it's so incredible. Oh wait I forgot - THE UK DOESNT DO ENGINEERING ANY MORE BOO HOO. It does, it just doesn't manufacture poo poo to sell to morons so much.

The 'lungs of London'. London has parks. Lots and lots of parks.

^ Fond memories of kicking my ball against that wall waiting for m8s to turn up.

The South Coast.

opus111 fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jan 23, 2015

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

El Estrago Bonito posted:

all i have is geordies.jpg

that's me and my sis

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

essex.jpg

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

opus111 posted:

Right. To counter the annoying fags and betas that seem to be taking over this sceptered isle with their incessant crying about how much they hate the UK, have some pix + scant info. We ruled the world at one point and it wasn't because we lucked out: re weather and the crops it yielded like the lazy egyptians or our island geography forcing us to have superior naval forces... it's because we were ALPHAS and I for one try to appreciate what my ancestors did to give me a fuckign amazing standard of living. The UK is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more advanced that you idiots realise. Go to any country outside of a US coastal city and see for yourself.

Here is bath. Goon translation: the KYOTO of ENGLAND. It's old and has old buildings. And its beautiful. And the girls there are beautiful. It's also similar to KYOTO in that its the only place outside of LONDON (TOKYO) that LONDONERS ever bother with.

The oldest underground metro system in the world. Saviour of lives in WWII. Only alphas can handle this twice a day. Summertime temperatures deemed illegal to transport cattle in by the EU, no air-con, regular breakdowns requiring 25 minute waits underground in a tiny carriage while half the people there have panic attacks. Ambulances waiting at the stations to cart off triggered and dehydrated Americans... it has it all. An absolute piece of poo poo but diss it as an outsider and it's liek dissing somebody's family.

Pictured above: real men doing proper work.

Bakerloo line, I think? It was dug by HAND.

Victoria Line. The worst one for breakdowns but it will blast you through London quickly. The viccy line is glorious.

This is CROSSRAIL. It's going to shoot trains east-west through London. Think about the 2,000 years of history underneath London and how that's being dug through, stopping the whole time cos people keep finding things of historical importance - like the plague. Engineers from all over the world are traveling to London off their own back, with their own money, using their own holiday time to watch this happen because it's so incredible. Oh wait I forgot - THE UK DOESNT DO ENGINEERING ANY MORE BOO HOO. It does, it just doesn't manufacture poo poo to sell to morons so much.

The 'lungs of London'. London has parks. Lots and lots of parks.

^ Fond memories of kicking my ball against that wall waiting for m8s to turn up.

The South Coast.

quoting to make readable and viewable

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

kindermord posted:

quoting to make readable and viewable

lol someone's not browsing on a retina macbook pro

if you moved to london and got a job here then maybe you could afford the finer things in life, sir

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

awesome-express posted:

if you moved to london and got a job here then maybe you could afford the finer things in life, sir

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

bruv what is with the ketchup.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i always have scrambled eggs on mine

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

It was that watery shite but it only cost me £3 with a brew so whatever

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

awesome-express posted:

an overpriced pieces of poo poo that exist purely so you can one-up your peers? yep, sounds like something a londoner would buy

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
Posted from my iPad mini 3

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

non-london peeps pls post pix. As you can tell from my selection im not really aware of much outside of the SE but I wish to know more!! lets not argue...

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

last fry up I had:

the bacon, eggs etc. all come from the farm it's served at. It's amazing and you feel your heart failing with every bite.

lol the image is fine on my desktop but it uploads upside down.

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
these are 5min up the road from me, they're pretty cool.

i mean look at that curb, yuo could grind it for days.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

a selection of random poo poo off my phone for your consideration

Ok this is more scotland.tiff

Top advert in Viz

St Ives beach in the summer where I was on a work jolly

Cab of a HST coming round Dawlish sea wall

The big gently caress off hole at Dawlish before they filled it in again

Cheers, thanks for watching

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I didn't take any of these pictures... gently caress Your Tables

Snowdonia

Western Scotland somewhere near ben nevis probably

Isle of Mull

Isle of Skye

So you see there are some places in Britain worth visiting, its just that none of them are in London/The South :owned: :master: :google: :iceburn: :lol:

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
i live and work in and around the trossachs and there's literally nothing to do but look at fuckin hills/swamps.
woo how picturesque, does anyone have any weed?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

england is actually a real boring and dull and ugly country to look at and i say that as someone in the countryside in england.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Bozza posted:

Cab of a HST coming round Dawlish sea wall

The big gently caress off hole at Dawlish before they filled it in again
Cheers, thanks for watching

I had to Google 'Dawlish sea wall' -- do you work on a train? Very interesting!

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Stux posted:

england is actually a real boring and dull and ugly country to look at and i say that as someone in the countryside in england.

i take back my support for you in the druqs thread now.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

I.C. posted:

I had to Google 'Dawlish sea wall' -- do you work on a train? Very interesting!

I'm an signalling engineer, so we were there to do all the proper work to get trains running again while the mud shovellers took all the glory.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Bozza posted:

I'm an signalling engineer, so we were there to do all the proper work to get trains running again while the mud shovellers took all the glory.

lol you have like my dream job.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

opus111 posted:

i take back my support for you in the druqs thread now.

sorry after going around southern italy every year rural england has become really really boring and bad to me

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Stux posted:

sorry after going around southern italy every year rural england has become really really boring and bad to me

basically in my experience, european mainland is often gorgeous and amazing for a holiday but the governmental frameworks are completely broken and only reveal this about themselves once you've lived there and you remember how things in England, while often slow and crap, do actually work and people do seem to give a poo poo.... eventually.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
It's a long story but the City of London (size 1 square mile, pop. 11,000 or so) is older than any other form of government in the UK and has kept many of its old rights, and quite a few things are very different from the rest of London (Greater London) and the rest of the UK. It has its own police force, companies get to vote for their mayor etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrObZ_HZZUc explains it

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

opus111 posted:

lol you have like my dream job.

It's p great. I design stuff like this all day and they pay me the big cash

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

opus111 posted:

basically in my experience, european mainland is often gorgeous and amazing for a holiday but the governmental frameworks are completely broken and only reveal this about themselves once you've lived there and you remember how things in England, while often slow and crap, do actually work and people do seem to give a poo poo.... eventually.

us mainland europeans just work our way around the government, which will sound like heresy to you but trust me it will help you in the long run

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

opus111 posted:

i disagree strongly UK government is rly bad actually but ok

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

argos.jpg

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
post p pictures of the countryside, tia

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Frostwerks posted:

post p pictures of the countryside, tia

:britain:

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Bozza posted:

It's p great. I design stuff like this all day and they pay me the big cash

still on xp, no wonder the trains are late :pwn:

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
those south coast pictures look pretty baller, esp since I live in a near-desert

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

opus111 posted:

look at this scrub posting out-of-date tube map, still has the East London line on it, smdh

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Insha'allah

• Locked thread