Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The Keurig that I got for Christmas last year is going in the garbage today. It stopped putting out full mugs of coffee despite the vinegar I put through it to the point that today a "full" cup of coffee made about 2 tablespoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
a child somewhere died in the time it took u to post this

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

consider though that a keurig is guiltier of the worse sin of being a device that's managed to convince you that paying for coffee by the cup in your own home is a good idea.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Keurig has loving DRM on coffee shots.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Its not planned obsolescence if it takes a poo poo and dies less than a month after you get it.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

hemophilia posted:

consider though that a keurig is guiltier of the worse sin of being a device that's managed to convince you that paying for coffee by the cup in your own home is a good idea.

they make this odd adapter to use your own foldgers beans but it makes your coffee taste like watered down poo poo.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I used to drink coffee every morning but this machine has made it such a loving hassle that I can't remember the last time I touched it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Universe Master posted:

Keurig has loving DRM on coffee shots.
DRM that can be defeated with a piece of tape.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
throw some loving instant coffee in a mug and splash some boiling water over it
there's your morning coffee you cunts; you're doing it for the caffeine, gently caress the taste

Zazamoot
Apr 2, 2005

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

Oberleutnant posted:

there's your morning coffee you cunts; you're doing it for the caffeine, gently caress the taste
there are caffeine pills you know

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Oberleutnant posted:

this is how i live

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
just get an aeropress it's like 18 dollars or some poo poo and makes real good single cups of coffee with minimal effort

if your a coffee snob just make sure to have a bean grinder at home and between these two things you really have to be one anal mother fucker to be unhappy with the cup of coffee you make

i will admit though the aeropress sucks rear end for making multiple cups if you have company a lot. youll need something else

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Just learn to make coffee

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Oberleutnant posted:

Might as well just oral syringe some grain alcohol with the boys after work and start ingesting soylent exclusively!

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
percolators taste like butthole what are you living in the 1950s

i mean they are ok if you like your coffee to taste like a highway pit stop diners sludge i guess. if you are ok with that then yeah percolate on dawg

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Damo posted:

just get an aeropress it's like 18 dollars or some poo poo and makes real good single cups of coffee with minimal effort

Agreed. It's good.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Oberleutnant posted:

The kind of self-absorbed morons that buy these coffee machines will try to tell you that it's all about the taste, and that people drink coffee because it tastes good.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

I can't tell the difference between instant coffee and "good" coffee

same with cheap wine and expensive wine, it all tastes exactly the same

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

theperminator posted:

The kind of self-absorbed morons that buy these coffee machines will try to tell you that it's all about the taste, and that people drink coffee because it tastes good.

yeah like my housemate who claims that he craves cigarettes because the mouthfeel of the smoke is so good or something, fucken idiot

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
Yeah, aeropress owns.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

mookface posted:

Might as well just oral syringe some grain alcohol with the boys after work and start ingesting soylent exclusively!
i only eat at michelin starred restaurants for breakfast because convenience and efficiency is anathema to me at any time

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Torka posted:

I can't tell the difference between instant coffee and "good" coffee

same with cheap wine and expensive wine, it all tastes exactly the same

stop smoking

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

theperminator posted:

It does taste good and lovely coffee is terrible

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mookface posted:

lol if you're not butt chugging grain alcohol

W424
Oct 21, 2010
I have no opinion on coffee, but my studio monitors started dying a while back. Turns out the psu cooks components around it before it too dies. Failure by poo poo design atleast.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Guavanaut posted:

lol if you're not butt chugging grain alcohol

It is the most efficienct way to ingest the alcohol

W424
Oct 21, 2010

mookface posted:

It is the most efficienct way to ingest the alcohol

Works for many other drugs too, I think we've been doing it wrong all along.

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
MR. Coffee is where it is at.

I do not give a flying gently caress about french presses or whatever. Gimme that Mista Coff copper filter poo poo.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

W424 posted:

Works for many other drugs too, I think we've been doing it wrong all along.
Read TCC, then put everything up your butt.

e: Back on topic:

quote:

On 4 June 1942 Pharmacist's Mate Edwin Miller was stationed on Sand Island (part of the Midway Atoll) and was making ready for the expected Japanese attack. Miller prepared undrinkably strong coffee which, he claimed, was to be used in an "old fashioned" treatment for shock - administration of strong coffee through the rectum via a Murphy drip. When the attack got underway, Miller was joined by his commanding officer and doctor in charge, Lieutenant Commander A. E. Ady, who did not appear to know the medical purpose of the coffee and asked for some to be poured. Miller thought that it would be amusing to let his commander drink it, but made the mistake of also drinking some himself. Dr. Ady continued to tell jokes throughout the attack. Miller, however, paid for his practical joke and was sick.
Buy a percolator and a Murphy drip op.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 18, 2015

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

just a regular coffee maker is pretty cool you know. The ones where you buy ground beans, some of which are nice enough, and filters are cheap. try it guys. your morning drink doesn't need to be gourmet but it should probably be better than a dirty sock (instant coffee)

open container
Sep 16, 2008
you deserve this for buying a keurig you consumerist tool

don't blame the manufacturer or some grand design conspiracy

you brought this upon yourself

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhm0BfyqlIE

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

keurigs are for idiots who prefer cute gadgets and gimmicks over actual coffee

just get a french press or a pourover stand instead and save the lattes for the coffee shops with real machines

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It did you a favor. Get a Nespresso, OP.

Edit: get an original line, not the new larger Nespresso things.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
someone gave me a keurig and it failed after 2 months and after like 5 minutes on the phone with them they replaced it under the warranty specifically designed to replace things when they break unexpectedly within the first year it was pretty cool

i found out recently that most things come with warranties its pretty nuts

open container
Sep 16, 2008

FordPRefectLL posted:

someone gave me a keurig and it failed after 2 months and after like 5 minutes on the phone with them they replaced it under the warranty specifically designed to replace things when they break unexpectedly within the first year it was pretty cool

i found out recently that most things come with warranties its pretty nuts

nah just throw it in the garbage

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Paging Three Olives to Keurig thread.

Paging Three Olives to Keurig thread.

Please pick up the mauve phone.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
that being said i probably won't buy another keurig it's just been pretty convenient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
*sips his french pressed coffee*

this stupid 10 dollar french press will likely work until i drop the glass, enjoy your lovely consumer trap 'goods'

• Locked thread