Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
i dunno, op, i bought one of these for my wife like 4 years ago and it still works :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Relin posted:

i was talking to a friend and his siblings who act like tea connoisseurs and they acted like i was the weirdo for drinking my teas straight
If they need to mask the flavors with milk and sugar they don't actually like tea or they're buying lovely tea. I don't put a drat thing in my tea.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Germstore posted:

Patents expired so others can make brewers and cups? In response make your brewer worse? This is not going to end well for them.
It's actually a pro marketing strat. They don't want people to buy the machines and then not buy pods, they'd rather cheapskates bought knock-off machines. That expands the market for pod-based coffee in general. Keurig would love love love it if folgers switched to disposable pods that were cheaper than Keurig's product, because then everyone would be normalized to pods and Keurig would keep their luxury status in a bigger market.

It's like how Gillette doesn't care that CVS has house brand multi-blade disposable razors. The victory was already won when they drove older safety razors out of the mainstream. It's difficult to be a luxury leader with a product as simple as a safety razor blade. Disposable razors with battery-powered vibrators in the handle are something you can advertise.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

Professor Shark posted:

The Keurig that I got for Christmas last year is going in the garbage today. It stopped putting out full mugs of coffee despite the vinegar I put through it to the point that today a "full" cup of coffee made about 2 tablespoons.

don't put non-distilled water through a device that heats it, unless it's been really really well filtered?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Tim Raines IRL posted:

don't put non-distilled water through a device that heats it, unless it's been really really well filtered?

This is also how people gently caress up their irons. Gotta put distilled water to stop mineral build up.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

If you don't own one of these

you deserve you deserve your instant coffee, like the poor that you are.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Yeah you guys don't get it, if you want the machine to continue to make lovely coffee for you, you need to filter the water first and also tongue its balls and beg it on your hands and knees lol

Protect your investment in a machine that makes tepid underbrewed coffee out of gay little plastic cups

Also you apparently can't drain the internal reservoir because the certified genius who designed it apparently didn't consider that

Or you could haul it out to the city limits and shoot it like I did and then get out your 10-year-old Mister Coffee that makes better coffee and doesn't need periodic fellatio

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I just stick a handful of coffee beans up my rear end and let a stainless steel buttplug grind them throughout the day. I also have a piercing in my urethra that I can pour dunkin donuts coffee into for on the go redosing.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Tim Raines IRL posted:

Huh, the device that heats water for my morning coffee has somehow worked fine with non-distilled water for like 10 years. I guess I'm just lucky???

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
when do I get the coffee with pussy juice in it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tim Raines IRL posted:

who the gently caress buys distilled water just to put through a coffee maker

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

who the gently caress buys distilled water just to put through a coffee maker

people that care. that's who.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

i only make coffee with the finest spring water that has been carried down from the alps by 80 year old swiss women.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

It's not boiling off the water like an iron would though, it's just heating it up to around 190.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Germstore posted:

It's not boiling off the water like an iron would though, it's just heating it up to around 190.

its not boiling thsi water its just getting it hot!!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Frog Act posted:

its not boiling thsi water its just getting it hot!!

So not nearly as much water evaporates and mineral build up would be much slower.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
lol if u dont boil your water u goddamn chump

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Aeropress. So easy a woman can do it outdoors without a stove.

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
Yeah I really want something I have to clean after making one single cup of coffee.

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

Rodnik posted:

Yeah I really want something I have to clean after making one single cup of coffee.

well its good for ppl who live alone with cats, like me, you see, and the cleanup consists of pushing the tube toward a trash can. its not that haaaard

Here To Help
Aug 16, 2008

ded posted:

Aeropress. So easy a woman can do it outdoors without a stove.

??? There's a stove, an aeropress and a woman present in that picture. I don't get it :(

:coffee: Anyways you should drink your coffee in whatever way you want. If you want to pay more and have it in little packs you can do that. If you want to buy organic civet-rear end coffee beans you can do that too. The coffee I buy is about 10 bucks a pound and I grind it before I make my single, sad cup of coffee in the morning, using an aeropress. :coffee:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i'm gonna walk literally two minutes down the road to the seven coffee shops that are near me to buy an actual latte made by a barista

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

Fonzarelli posted:

i'm gonna walk literally two minutes down the road to the seven coffee shops that are near me to buy an actual latte made by a barista

im legit v jealouse

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

Why do you guys buy this overly expensive overly complicated rubbish that makes candy coffee what is wrong with you. Keep it simple, keep it manly:

don't stop i'm almost there

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

lol as if you don't drink ice coffee. hot coffee is for grownups! yuck!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Flesh Forge posted:

Why do you guys buy this overly expensive overly complicated rubbish that makes candy coffee what is wrong with you. Keep it simple, keep it manly:

my anaconda don't want none unless you got BUNNs, hun

Concerned Citizen posted:

the keurig 2.0 also has an ethernet port on the bottom so one day, when the technology has been developed, you can connect your coffee machine to the internet. because that's something we all definitely need.

I too dream of one day getting a rootkit on my Microsoft K-box Coffee Machine for Workgroups 4.2

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Carol Pizzamom posted:

i like those coffee pots with the switches because the aesthetic makes it look like how we thought the future would look in the 60s

like an old nuclear reactor maybe

u mean like the bunn posted earlier

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

script kitty posted:

im legit v jealouse

come to Melbourne, we have so many coffee shops that Starbucks can't even gather a small presence here, our baristas make like 30 bucks an hour

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Fonzarelli posted:

come to Melbourne, we have so many coffee shops that Starbucks can't even gather a small presence here, our baristas make like 30 bucks an hour

but then he'd have to live in Australia

a fate I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

industrial coffee makers are great and we would have full communism in a week if they were replaced by a french press and manual labor for all the loving coffee americans consume away from a keurig or their house and their real coffee pot

open container
Sep 16, 2008
i'm interested in a keurig but there's no way i'm paying extra for distilled water. what do i have to do to distill my own tap water at home?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

open container posted:

i'm interested in a keurig but there's no way i'm paying extra for distilled water. what do i have to do to distill my own tap water at home?

Get a still.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

open container posted:

+

+

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
If you are going to do a homemade filter then make sure to get the kind of charcoal that come pre-treated with lighter fluid.

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
I just never really understood what was wrong with regular coffee pots like the kind you put some coffee in the top and water in another part of the top and then it all comes out in a big ol pot and its cheap and makes a lot of coffee that is good. why do people buy the kuerigs.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
More expensive = better than

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Hot Jam posted:

I just never really understood what was wrong with regular coffee pots like the kind you put some coffee in the top and water in another part of the top and then it all comes out in a big ol pot and its cheap and makes a lot of coffee that is good. why do people buy the kuerigs.

aeropress is like $15

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow

lol

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Keurigs produce excessively creamy soda pop bullshit. It's not even coffee anymore.

Get a coffee pot and buy good coffee beans. Coffee that you can't drink black is not worth drinking. Coffee that you need to add a bunch of man cream and sugar to is not worth drinking. Stop drinking terrible coffee, get real beans, get a coffee pot, and stop complaining about your lovely tasting overpriced keurig poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
coffee fags you toss grounds into a 5 dollar pot and make it strong enough it smells like animal pee then you poo-p a bunch for a couple hours.

• Locked thread