Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
instant coffee owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Damo posted:

sorry you live in a shithole you arent comfortable in, i guess?

sorry you're afraid to leave your gay little hobbit hole, i guess?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
The free market is designed to fail so we have to pay for a new one

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
Sheez, just get a coffee pot. I got me a real nice stainless steel one that's large enough to make turkish coffee for two people for something like $3 and it has boiled countless gallons of coffee. Enamelled ones are even cheaper.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Fonzarelli posted:

sorry you're afraid to leave your gay little hobbit hole, i guess?

i can leave it when i feel like paying 5 bucks for a coffee every once in a while. i dont force myself to have to do it every day

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

my coffee maker makes 12 cups at a time, its pretty useful

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

*turn coffee pot on* *take morning shower* *come out, coffee is ready*

Oh goddd there'ss noooo tiiiime

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0014CVEH6/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1421670957&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&dpPl=1&dpID=51UsxA6CVHL&ref=plSrch

I have that and a larger one that fits over a regular coffee pot for when I have company/poo poo to do.

Also a "cup" is 6 oz not the 12 oz that your mug is. And the proper amount is 2 tablespoons per "cup". That's apparently why I'm not allowed to fill the office coffee maker anymore.

Comedy option: I didn't know Keurig was owned by Apple. Huh.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

C.P.A.N. posted:

Comedy option: I didn't know Keurig was owned by Apple. Huh.

haha for real? Did apple buy them out before or after they decided to put DRM on coffee?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
They make single-cup coffee makers, but over the years I've devised a special technique that allows me to make single cups at a time with a simple $10 drip machine.

Step #1: Put 1 cups worth of grounds and water into the coffee maker and turn it on.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
:coffeepal: - glad i can finally make coffee at home and generate a lot of plastic garbage. taht speaks to me, as a busy person

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Pneub posted:

They make single-cup coffee makers, but over the years I've devised a special technique that allows me to make single cups at a time with a simple $10 drip machine.

Step #1: Put 1 cups worth of grounds and water into the coffee maker and turn it on.

No, that's too loving easy. I need to spend 15 minutes doing thing or i need some kind of machine that adds enormous energy costs to the creation of my cup of coffee..

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

a messed up horse posted:

:coffeepal: - glad i can finally make coffee at home and generate a lot of plastic garbage. taht speaks to me, as a busy person

innovative use of smilies in this post. advanced posting

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

proof of concept posted:

haha for real? Did apple buy them out before or after they decided to put DRM on coffee?

No not for real. They're owned by Green Mountian coffee which is pretty ironic cause green mountain was all eco fair trade hippy dippy and now the make a machine that produces tons of plastic garbage.

Heh just learned on wiki that Coca-Cola bought a 16% stake in green mountain because they're doing a deal to make a keurig for home soda dispensing. The natural evolution.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
If you don't like it get a Nespresso. Nespresso recycles their pods.

The other great thing about Nespresso is that if you have a Nespresso store in your mall and you own a machine, you get free espresso and can try anything you want. I can't remember the last time I actually went to Starbucks at the mall.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 19, 2015

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Pneub posted:

but... adding water into a drip machine? adding grounds into a cone filter? I cant waste 30 seconds of my precious day like that!

:negative:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Dick Fagballzson posted:

If you don't like it get a Nespresso. Nespresso recycles their pods.

lol if you think shipping empty coffee pods back to a factory is a net environmental good. It's for people who care about the environment on the surface but don't actually give a gently caress once it is out from in front of their face.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
lol if you think throwing a little plastic pod in the trash is that big of a deal compared to all of the other horrible poo poo people do to destroy the environment over the course of a day. Just driving your car to work is probably 1000 times worse for the environment than tossing a keurig pod.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I bike to work and don't own a car so I am qualified to say that stale ground coffee packaged in single-serving containers is incredibly wasteful regardless of whether the containers are recycled.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
i have a drip machine i bought for 20 bucks, a french press, a moka pot, and a pourover thing

drip machine gets used every day until it breaks, I like having coffee literally waiting for me when i wake up

like i'm in bed and I can smell the coffee going and I'm like ohhhh yeeahhh

hot tip- buy a coffee grinder and not a kuerig

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
here at Keurig we disguise our horrible poo poo coffee with great tasting additives and flashy packaging to take your mind off the fact that you are paying several dollars per cup of 'coffee'

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

withak posted:

I bike to work and don't own a car so I am qualified to say that stale ground coffee packaged in single-serving containers is incredibly wasteful regardless of whether the containers are recycled.

actually thsi dude http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Hansen "the father of climate change" at a talk recently said that great if you ride your bike and great if you get all one million of your closest friends to do so too but it won't do anything to help the environment bc it just drives fuel costs down and someone else will 100% buy that fuel that you "saved," now at reduced prices!!!

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

withak posted:

Hipster barista spotted.

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
Last night I pushed a button on my normal coffee pot and this morning when I woke up there was coffee inside the pot already made and then I drank it. It was cheap and good and I didn't need to use some inverted glass reverse gravity hyperpress or anything.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Hot Jam posted:

Last night I pushed a button on my normal coffee pot and this morning when I woke up there was coffee inside the pot already made and then I drank it. It was cheap and good and I didn't need to use some inverted glass reverse gravity hyperpress or anything.

ew

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Hipster barista spotted.

Wrong on both counts.

I make better coffee than any hipster barista.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

withak posted:

Wrong on both counts.

I make better coffee than any hipster barista.

You used "bike to work", "dont own a car", "wasteful" and "recycled" all in a single sentence.

quote:

Hipster barista spotted.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
My rancilio setup will outlive me. If you're going to spend too much on frivolous consumer poo poo then you gotta do it right.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I have two WD hard drives that failed within ~3 months of their 3-year warranties expiring.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I bike and don't own a car because it means I get to be the smuggest one around when arguments like this come up.

Still not a barista though, and probably too old to be a hipster.

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
If you don't use locally sourced organic gmo-free fair trade water to brew your coffee you are human garbage.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

W424 posted:

I have no opinion on coffee, but my studio monitors started dying a while back. Turns out the psu cooks components around it before it too dies. Failure by poo poo design atleast.

What monitors are you using?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
kinda wish I had a real espresso maker instead of the moka pot

drat those things are pricey though

maybe it would be worth it if my morning routine consisted of anything other than saying "gently caress" as I stumbled towards the auto drip maker and then the shower

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

FuturePastNow posted:

I have two WD hard drives that failed within ~3 months of their 3-year warranties expiring.
I bought the Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard and the mouses middle-click button keeps dying after 2 years what a bum deal

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

FuturePastNow posted:

Buy Hitachi in the future. Seagate and Western Digital make lovely hard drives with high failure rates.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Monkey Fracas posted:

kinda wish I had a real espresso maker instead of the moka pot

maybe it would be worth it if my morning routine consisted of anything other than saying "gently caress" as I stumbled towards the auto drip maker and then the shower
This is why I wouldn't want an espresso machine, you have to be fully awake when you use those. If I was making espresso every morning I would eventually kill myself if some retarded steam explosion accident.

Dick Fagballzson posted:

The other great thing about Nespresso is that if you have a Nespresso store in your mall and you own a machine, you get free espresso and can try anything you want. I can't remember the last time I actually went to Starbucks at the mall.
But our overpriced machine and coffee, we'll throw in some free espresso every time you come to the mall to continue your horrid consumer zombie lifestyle, shambling with your paper cup in search of the next purchase that will maybe fill the hole in your life. Who has time for coffee the way your parents made it, these convenience machines are for trendsetters on the go!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTYzgzcMb7M

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
i won't lie I have an old percolator pot i use when I'm camping

ahh yess the lovely burned camping coffee i love it for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

my automatic drip coffee maker has a built in blade grinder. i drink it with a lot of coffeemate.

• Locked thread