Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Santheb posted:

The Patriots would've banged them out even if their balls were inflated to regulation.

How many other times have they pulled this though?

Maybe they also cheated like this in close games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Elephanthead posted:

Temperature does not effect mass. That is why they weight and pressure test them. Anyway look for NFL provided footballs for the playoffs from now on. Cheating still accepted to beat the the Bill, Jets, and Dolphins, heh.

hey pal we've been splitting lately

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Athanatos posted:

I wish your dad was Joe Philbin

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What is truly disturbing is the complicity in the Patriots fanbase.

We keep hearing about the moderate Patriots fans who do not condone the cheating, who say that the Patriots are "a franchise of fairness" and yet everytime something like this happens they remain silent. Until the moderate Patriots fans vocally condemn and fight the extremism within their own ranks we must be forced to conclude they silently condone these heinous crimes.

hahahaha

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

give everyone involved with the Patriots the literal death penalty

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Do you guys think Belichick will fire the guy who failed to deflate that 12th ball?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NC-17 posted:

I don't understand how the officials weren't noticing this right away. They handle every single ball many, many times.

I don't know how noticeable this would be to people who are not football players. The officials are just shuffling the ball around quickly in between plays.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

The refs couldn't have not noticed. Impossible. These guys have been handling footballs for 20-30 years.

I just don't think they're thinking about that during the course of a game. They kind of have a lot of other stuff going on.

Also, are you implying the refs were in on it?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NC-17 posted:

The players are throwing the ball to the refs after pretty much every play. And it's their job to notice that kind of thing.

so you're saying Belichick paid off the refs

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hey how big at Tom Brady's hands

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Pats fan at work is fuming.

I may or may not be fanning the flames.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sweet thursday posted:

Well between Penn State's stuff, the Ray Rice/Adrian Peterson double whammy, and this (if it turns out to be as bad as it looks) I may finally be able to emotionally detach myself from football.

It'll probably be a good thing in the long run.

hahahahahahaha deflated balls was the last straw eh

not the women and kids being beaten?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jack's Flow posted:

As a casual NFL watcher, could someone explain to me what the big deal is? Both teams played with the same ball, so why would only New England benefit from it? Fine them for not properly inflating the balls, and move on.

Each team provides their own balls for their offense.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

was told by pats fan at work that the dolphins bullying scandal was minuscule compared to this lol

somehow his team has to have even the better scandal

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It's gonna be awesome when Belichick is suspended and we still lose the division.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I can't believe people actually give a poo poo about this.

You can't believe people care about Belichick being caught cheating again on the way to a Super Bowl?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Genocide Tendency posted:

This is completely uncalled for.

How the gently caress you gonna pick on Vince?

Seriously mad about this. Wilfork owns. And is cool as gently caress.

...it's The Onion.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Speaking of which, Pats fan coworker announced on FB today that he unfriended everyone who was making fun of the Patriots.

Also he called in sick today.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Stream

http://www.wcsh6.com/videos/news/local/2014/03/26/6923779/

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

He's talking about the deflate ball issue right out of the gate.

Says he had no knowledge of it and was shocked to learn of the situation.

Says he had no knowledge of the process of how balls are even approved until the last couple of days.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Now he's talking about his wet, sticky, cold, slippery balls.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Says kickers and QB's and skill position guys have preferences about the balls, but he never gives them any sympathy about it, and he has never spoken to any player or staff member about football air pressure.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Says they inflate their balls to 12.5 and any deflation would take them below the required limit by the league. He's implying that the balls went below the required limit due to outside factors.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Belichick just said he's never touched a game ball hahahahahahaha

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It sucks that he won't answer questions after he's done with this opening statement, because there are a LOT of holes in this explanation.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

WugLyfe posted:

So hoping he throws McD under the bus. I can feel it happening and it makes me giddy.

He's distancing himself from this whole situation.

"I've never even seen a football in real life, I don't even know where I am right now."

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

"I told you everything I know"

hahahaha

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hahahahaha he's saying he didn't know how the balls get onto the field.

Oh my god he just left hahaha

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Belichick handled it perfectly. What a retarded controversy I almost feel bad for the rest of the league.

According to Jay Glazer, this isn't the feeling among the rest of the teams. Apparently a lot of them are frustrated with the Pats.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

They're frustrated the Pats have been crushing their souls for 15 years. They should be frustrated with the Colts because now they won't be able to do the same thing the Pats were doing, allegedly. Someone a few pages posted a reporter saying that the majority of the league was baffled that this controversy is even a thing.

Jay Glazer is maybe the most reliable NFL guy and I trust whatever he tells me.

Also, Brian Billick said this morning that he's tired of people saying that every team in the league does this stuff. He said it's absolutely not true and he doesn't want to be grouped in with that kind of statement, so...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Why would anyone publicly come to the defense of the team that's been the most dominant in the league, with the only coach that NFL Coaches Association? Of course they won't. It's a lot easier to say "no we didn't do that, maybe THATS why they are so good" than admit they do the same thing yet can't put together sustained success like the Pats.

yeah they just hatin' on you guys

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Belichick's press conference reminded me Uncle Leo when he stole a book from Brentano's on Seinfeld.

"I'm an old man, I'm confused!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm2SuAPuA38

but replace stealing books with deflating footballs

and jerry seinfeld with the colts organization

and this post with a good post

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

A Man and his dog posted:

I'm off work today. This thread should keep me amused and horrified.

Brady's presser is at 4 I believe.

I predict he goes the "smug arrogance" route.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tim Whatley posted:

Just moved to 3:45

they're going to keep moving it up until somehow it already happened even though it didn't

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NC-17 posted:

So what have they been doing?

I don't know but I bet it ends in gate

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

A Man and his dog posted:

Bring back the sweater Brady. Bring It back.

What a jackass

Tom Brady is the worst

mcmagic posted:

No idea. I'm clearly not as good at cheating in the NFL as the Patriots are.

hahaa

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tom Brady was accidentally given Belichick's talking points sheet.

"I've never even touched a game ball!"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Pron on VHS posted:

Mister Fister nothing you post is ever remotely interesting, funny or informative. It's amazing how badly you lack self-awareness, and just keep hammering away posts to a subforum that ridicules and pities you.

you better step off, pal

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mister Fister posted:

Anyone watch ESPN in the past hour/hour and a half that can confirm what this random poster here said?

Wouldn't surprise me.

I mean, short of somebody admitting to it, I don't know what they could possibly find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

football fuckerman posted:

Ahahaha Ehud's posts in this thread hahaha

I miss you on FART, bro.

• Locked thread