Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

evilweasel posted:

pressure for an enclosed volume/mass like a football should vary linearly with temperature (in kelvins and absolute pressure) so you only need two data points to plot the temperature delta you'd need to get these results through just temperature changes

I think too if it was bad enough that the Colts players noticed it then it would also be strange that it did not happen to their balls as well. It doesn't take super science to figure this out.

Vire fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jan 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

evilweasel posted:

we don't actually know that anyone checked the colts balls, but I am more interested because i'm wondering if you can do this intentionally with temp variations in what you fill the balls with and what they become on the field because that's the only good way of intentionally rigging this i see

obviously if it comes out that it takes 20 degrees and that's it, i will start telling you duh they filled them inside and then they brought them outside and there's no evidence of anything naughty but i sort of doubt that at this point

Yeah I agree. I am just saying if it comes out that the colts balls where fine still it pretty much only can be tampering then. Like you said thats probably the only way they could do it. I doubt the would be so brazen as to try it on the sidelines.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Fines, Draft Picks and if it is some how proven that the team knew about it (It won't) a year suspension for Belichick.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Chilichimp posted:

So now that Belichick has been behind both Spygate and PSIgate, what are the odds the NFL will just ban him for cheating?

Zero unfortunately. Roger Goodell is the one in charge of punishment remember.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Didn't the refs also say the Colt's balls where fine still? It can't be a lovely gauge and it can't be weather.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

WugLyfe posted:

If there's more than one gauge it can be, and it absolutely still can be weather if each team started at different target pressures. The truth of the matter is the investigation hasn't given us much to go on yet, so everything until the announcement is conjecture.

I thought we already said even at the lowest legal target pressure they were 2 psi under and the weather could only account for 1 of those being generous.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Chilichimp posted:

Did they fill the balls with air in the sauna room?

It would have to be 100 degrees to account for the temperature being 51 degrees during the game.

Then also it would no longer be the weather if you filled it in a sauna.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

bawfuls posted:

Exactly. And as has been pointed out, this would be the most Belick-ian way to do it because it's technically within the rules or something.

Would it though? I guess you would have to see the exact verbiage of the rules.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Yeah it was messed up back then too. He payed for the balls to be scuffed up which was against the rules in 2003 but they changed it in 2006. However at least both QB's played with the same balls though so it is a tad bit less egregious.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Apthous posted:

Well there are never any recorded documents linking Hitler to the Holocaust. He just said a bunch of anti-semtic stuff and was like: "Things would be a lot better if those Jews weren't around" *wink* *wink* and his people knew what to do. If Brady is responsible for this I would imagine it went down the same way.

This thread has hit rock bottom. Could you never do this again thanks.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6cake3bwnY

Tom Brady always asks for light refreshment.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

pmchem posted:

I haven't been able to keep up with the day's news, was there ever an explanation for why Brady hasn't been interviewed yet by the NFL?

You need a player union rep there at the meeting or some poo poo and they are in the middle of preparing for the superbowl. So basically we don't want to deal with this till the superbowl is over because its icky.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
What if the league can't prove it either way? Do we still get to call the pats a bunch of cheaters Mr. Kraft?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
You see the NFL intentionally deflated the balls multiple times to soil the good name of the patriots. The NFL should clearly apologize for making the patriots look like cheaters. CLEARLY.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

evilweasel posted:

imagine what the patriots are going to get away with after they humiliate goodell by getting away with this scot-free and kraft rubs his nose in it so deeply he never even considers trying to investigate the pats again

Nothing will have changed because they already dooooooooooooooooooooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Hi I am Robert Kraft. I demand the NFL apologize to me for doing their job. How dare you investigate my team after we were caught cheating.

• Locked thread