Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
After every prolonged bout of heavy drinking when I suddenly decide to abruptly stop things get a little crazy.

This latest one I was living in a reality in which the world was governed by 3 alien races overseen by a group called the Watchers. Who had some sort of spiritual role or something. So every 100-1000 years one of these three groups arrive at earth to deliberate the affairs of mankind. This time it was a race of Cyborgs with AI. They mind-controlled my girlfriend and were communicating with me at one point. Though things got confusing when I think she turned into one of the bad guys and was communicating to her mothership via some sort of burp language. I also saw groups of identical looking people starring at me on the train which must have been robots trying to model the appearance of humans with a form of plastic.

I think that part was heavily influenced by watching Ancient Aliens.

The next part involved some sort of Satanic cult and gang stalking (a little hard to elaborate fully on that part). Anyway, eventually I was injected with sodium pentothal at the movie theatre. Which I had originally thought was going to be the take off point to the mothership that was prearranged by my girlfriends alien race. I was seeing all types of strange creatures on the way there. Like a 3 foot tall skinny woman and a huge ogre. Imagine my disappointment when the new reality struck me and I was actually being brainwashed while watching a tampered with version of the Hobbit. The people on the train now transformed from the robotic aliens to shifty looking spooks again all starring at me.

I couldn't get to sleep that night as I needed to fend off the assassination attempts when the NSA began speaking to me through the TV trying to pry out if I had committed an act of terror.

I eventually slept for 2 days and was back to normal.

Do you have any good experiences from alcohol induced delirium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I used to drink a bottle of Russian Standard just about every night.

One night I took an Ambien.

I remember shadows moving around and I woke up sleeping on the floor.

Booze and Drugs are bad.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
sorry about your dying brain op

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I think I remember reading groups of three 'beings' being a common denominator of using salvia.
I had a salvia trip once where I could feel 3 person sized owls watching me and they were the 'witches of the universe' or some such.

Are you sure you weren't smoking salvia?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
You should probably use a tapering schedule next time. I bet you're having seizures but completely unaware of it.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Hobohemian posted:

You should probably use a tapering schedule next time. I bet you're having seizures but completely unaware of it.

I was a tapering a little bit, just went down too abruptly I guess. I noticed some muscle spasms but I'm fairly certain there were no seizers otherwise my gf would have mentioned it.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
your gf is a loving alien sleeper agent dude do you think she would mention it??

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

all my alien dreams are pretty positive op, maybe the problem is you?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Other night I was drinking while playing steel battalion alone so every mission would consist of a beer thru mission if I was successful and shotgun another if I failed. I got really hosed up try imagining drunk driving a huge mech. I, for one, am glad that power suits are very far from commercial distribution.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i drink probably as much as my tiny body can tolerate without dying and have quit for weeks-long periods before and have never experienced this. how much do you normally drink per day op, just curious

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

psyopmonkey posted:

I used to drink a bottle of Russian Standard just about every night.

One night I took an Ambien.

I remember shadows moving around and I woke up sleeping on the floor.

Booze and Drugs are bad.

i approve of your alcohol choices

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm not saying it was aliens...

But, it was aliens

naem
May 29, 2011

I cut way back a couple years ago and was convinced demons were watching me as I fell asleep for a good while

Or possibly ghosts?

Fortunately I am a werewolf and they fear me (snakes, snakes)

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014
I thought my girlfriend's dreams were bizarre. gently caress, man, why would you ever drink after that

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

commit suicude

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Ragtime Cthulhu posted:

I thought my girlfriend's dreams were bizarre. gently caress, man, why would you ever drink after that

lol sure dude, your "girlfriend"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

GelatinSkeleton posted:

commit suicude

This is going to take a lot of alcohol!

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
In my latest alcoholism adventure I forgot a chunk of the evening and apparently it was really bad and I almost died, but I'm okay and don't remember so there's little harm to my self esteem

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
I blame free booze

Grey Skies
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i got rekt and shat myself

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I had a family member nearly die, enter a medically induced coma, and because she's dependent on benzos and they did not even bother giving her valium, she woke up in a full blown benzo delirium which is like alcohol delirium. She went straight out of a coma into a psych ward and was prevented from taking any benzos, she started to come out of it after considerable time and medication, and when she saw her psychiatrist (who is in the same hospital and was never consulted) he went on a brutal murder spree and piked dead doctor heads in the halls of the hospital

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Yeah, don't do that again OP. In the past couple of years I've had one friend die from alcohol withdrawal and another stabbed a nurse because for some reason he wasn't properly sedated while in hospital. DT are nothing to mess with.

Game_Whino
Jul 16, 2007

Let's drink until we can't feel anymore!
My brother gets delusional every time he drinks a lot. He'll usually stop by my place to spread the crazy at about 1 in the morning. Occasionally I'll get a call from mom to go talk him down and haul his rear end home (It was my uncles job, but then he mac-attacked himself to death). A few of the notable ones off the top of my head.

I was having a party when he showed up bombed out of his mind, thought he was jesus and that a good friend who was visiting me was an angel. He decided he needed to impregnate her to save the world from demons. I'm not sure if her 70 year old boyfriend/sugar daddy was anything special, but he was also there. I thought it was a cheesy drunken pick up line until his clothes started coming off in the alley. She took it all in stride and helped me talk him into putting clothes back on. Then I had another friend of mine drive him home to sleep it off.

Another time he shows up at my house banging on the doors and windows, screaming about dragons attacking. Then, when I went out to haul his rear end back to his house he screams and falls to the ground screaming that I'm attacking him with my mind bullets. Obviously, the only way to counter such a psychic assault was to strip his clothes off (his pants, however, remained around his ankles) and attempt to sword fight me with his dick. While he was screaming, my neighbor came out with a baseball bat and saw him standing there in what little glory he had. He turned and waddled straight at my neighbor, dick in hand. Chris (not his name) threatened to bash his head in, so I did the only thing I could think of. I kicked my brother right in the junk. Once he recovered he was much more reasonable.

Then there was the time I took him to a gaming convention with me. One of the neck beards gave him a bottle of wild turkey. He spent all of Saturday night skulking around the hotel convinced that there were ninjas that wanted to kill him. I was pretty drunk by this point so I just let him go (I thought getting arrested for public intoxication would be good for him) I awoke the next morning to find a gamer buddy of mine sitting against the bathroom doorway. I looked in to see that my brother was naked and handcuffed, on his side in the shower. It seems that at some point during the night he decided he had the power to turn invisible, only it didn't work on his clothes. He then launched an attack (butt naked) on said friend of mine who was wearing a costume for some larp he was in. The other gamers (all whom I knew) in the area came to my friend's defense, subdued him, put a third friend's sex cuffs on him to make him easier to control, and planted him in the bathroom of my room.

Since the convention (5 years ago?) he's finally stopped drinking, or at least stopped coming over drunk. I think the lack of keys for the hand cuffs and having to do a walk of shame to the car probably played some role in his reform. I have no clue what the hell is wrong with him that drinking affects him like that. In contrast, I'm a happy child-like drunk who doesn't have weird delusions.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Game_Whino posted:

My brother gets delusional every time he drinks a lot. He'll usually stop by my place to spread the crazy at about 1 in the morning. Occasionally I'll get a call from mom to go talk him down and haul his rear end home (It was my uncles job, but then he mac-attacked himself to death). A few of the notable ones off the top of my head.

I was having a party when he showed up bombed out of his mind, thought he was jesus and that a good friend who was visiting me was an angel. He decided he needed to impregnate her to save the world from demons. I'm not sure if her 70 year old boyfriend/sugar daddy was anything special, but he was also there. I thought it was a cheesy drunken pick up line until his clothes started coming off in the alley. She took it all in stride and helped me talk him into putting clothes back on. Then I had another friend of mine drive him home to sleep it off.

Another time he shows up at my house banging on the doors and windows, screaming about dragons attacking. Then, when I went out to haul his rear end back to his house he screams and falls to the ground screaming that I'm attacking him with my mind bullets. Obviously, the only way to counter such a psychic assault was to strip his clothes off (his pants, however, remained around his ankles) and attempt to sword fight me with his dick. While he was screaming, my neighbor came out with a baseball bat and saw him standing there in what little glory he had. He turned and waddled straight at my neighbor, dick in hand. Chris (not his name) threatened to bash his head in, so I did the only thing I could think of. I kicked my brother right in the junk. Once he recovered he was much more reasonable.

Then there was the time I took him to a gaming convention with me. One of the neck beards gave him a bottle of wild turkey. He spent all of Saturday night skulking around the hotel convinced that there were ninjas that wanted to kill him. I was pretty drunk by this point so I just let him go (I thought getting arrested for public intoxication would be good for him) I awoke the next morning to find a gamer buddy of mine sitting against the bathroom doorway. I looked in to see that my brother was naked and handcuffed, on his side in the shower. It seems that at some point during the night he decided he had the power to turn invisible, only it didn't work on his clothes. He then launched an attack (butt naked) on said friend of mine who was wearing a costume for some larp he was in. The other gamers (all whom I knew) in the area came to my friend's defense, subdued him, put a third friend's sex cuffs on him to make him easier to control, and planted him in the bathroom of my room.

Since the convention (5 years ago?) he's finally stopped drinking, or at least stopped coming over drunk. I think the lack of keys for the hand cuffs and having to do a walk of shame to the car probably played some role in his reform. I have no clue what the hell is wrong with him that drinking affects him like that. In contrast, I'm a happy child-like drunk who doesn't have weird delusions.

you never had a brother

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

lmao if you've taken a solid poo poo in the last 3 years.

get on my level nerds

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
As long as you can maintain a high degree of function, alcoholism is a perfectly legit life choice. You should probably knock it off in your early-30's though because that's when your body starts to degrade and you really don't want to accelerate that if you can help it.

If you're having seizures, get some meds. That poo poo can kill you.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
alcoholism will definitely kill a normal person once they hit 40s and 50s. your organs will basically turn to sacks of poo poo and you'll die a painful, yellow eyed death. also drunks are pretty loving obnoxious and if you've had an alcoholic relative you know what im talking about.

good luck

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Drunks are insufferable. A chance encounter with a drunk you don't know, if you're not drunk, is one of the most angering and offputting social interactions you can have. If you have family who thinks they're a functional drunk being an insufferable drunk retard around you all the time is part of an eternal hell punishment. Don't be that guy. Please take heroin instead.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
I hallucinated i had a huge party in my apartment complete with hot babes making out in the shower when i went for a leak.

But i was alone

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i watched a documentary by some British guy who was interviewing alcoholics to find out wtf is wrong with them and as the movie went on he got more and more frustrated with them and eventually tried to stop them himself but they all insisted on drinking themselves into a horrible screaming grave

very uplifiting

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
lol op thinks his girlfriend will recognize staring seizures because clearly she is a trained medical professional

rip op

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Alcoholism will ruin your life and make everyone you know and love hate you, about ten years before it kills you in a miserable way. But those people are choosing this because they did the math and catching a buzz is more important than being a miserable failure then dying . There I solved addiction

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don't like seeing the same people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxaPj19VnRA

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I would always get this thing where i would hear the sound of a marching band playing faintly in the distance, but when i tried to get closer, it would just move farther away. it was really weird.

whenver that would happen i knew i had about 8 hours to either drink or get myself to the hospital to detox, otherwise lights out.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Zeroisanumber posted:

As long as you can maintain a high degree of function, alcoholism is a perfectly legit life choice. You should probably knock it off in your early-30's though because that's when your body starts to degrade and you really don't want to accelerate that if you can help it.

If you're having seizures, get some meds. That poo poo can kill you.

I agree, keys to maintaining high function if you're capable of it is to stay hydrated and get enough sleep. Which can actually be p hard.

I think I have to take an extremely long break, may have to stop, nearing the cut-off point. I heard a story of this guy who was a huge drinker before he joined the military. He completely stopped drinking for 22 years until he retired. Then he basically said 'finally free, can drink again' he died like 3 months later in his early 50's.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I can't get out of the bathtub

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Baba Ganoush posted:

I think I have to take an extremely long break, may have to stop, nearing the cut-off point. I heard a story of this guy who was a huge drinker before he joined the military. He completely stopped drinking for 22 years until he retired. Then he basically said 'finally free, can drink again' he died like 3 months later in his early 50's.
Yeah, I've heard similar stories a bunch of times in AA. People sober for like 10, 15, 20+ years go back out and are dead a short time thereafter. It's one of the reasons I'm gonna switch to weed as soon as I'm free, even though I've only smoked weed like 15 times in my life. I need something to take the edge off this bullshit life in America the Corporation, and clearly I've drank my lifetime quota of whiskey 50 times over.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Ragtime Cthulhu posted:

i dunno dude it sounds pretty awesome?

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
yeah i mix drugs and booze, and my most recent current nightmare was winning a lottery where i won a trip to the moon, only to find out it was populated with mean, heavily armored lizards who kept trying to crack my moon helmet with their sharp claws, i just don't know why they were so loving angry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Yeah, I've heard similar stories a bunch of times in AA. People sober for like 10, 15, 20+ years go back out and are dead a short time thereafter. It's one of the reasons I'm gonna switch to weed as soon as I'm free, even though I've only smoked weed like 15 times in my life. I need something to take the edge off this bullshit life in America the Corporation, and clearly I've drank my lifetime quota of whiskey 50 times over.

Listen to what this nan says he was wise
http://youtu.be/FNgmYlGcOrU

• Locked thread