Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sullat
Jan 9, 2012
D Fortune is our birthright, we should claim it posthaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
In Koronus Expanse, first you get the 70% ship, then you get the money. Then you get the power.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
E

What exactly is "plasma" in this context? Hydrogen for fusion reactors? It's literally the most common element in the universe, surely an enterprising techpriest could figure out how to get some from somewhere nearby.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
A Pride demands we act with dignity, no matter what distractions the cog-boys throw in our way.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
You just got to show them who's in Charge. Firm voice, cool stare, mark yoyr territory and tthey'll roll over.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

goatface posted:

A do nothing. It's his ship, his servo skull. If he doesn't want to riffle through its databanks to find out what's up with it, that's his prerogative.

How would we feel if someone came barging onto our ship and tried to stop us executing a crewman who had endangered the ship? Never mind stopping us cutting out a piece of equipment that had failed. Let the dude get his poo poo in order.

Agreed.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Can't we just put an ad out on space craigslist for 5000 new recruits for a bold new expedition into the expanse? Fame! Wealth! Glory! You will help me achieve it! Slightly better than average wages and rations! Failing that, yeah, the arming/hiring gangs to kidnap us some of their rivals plan works too.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

What does Crispy think? We rescued him, may as well get his advice. Where do most of the other servitors come from?

Presumably we're gonna need a crew at some point and it'd be nice not to rule out options for populating our new ship by pissing off the metaphysical Footfall Police.

Given that this is based on British Naval traditions, I think we have the authority to press-gang any unemployed people on Footfall to serve on our crew. And if they're out drinking somewhere, well, hopefully they have their space W-2s on them, otherwise they look unemployed to me! (Granted, other captains may be annoyed about it if we accidentally press some of their crew and they find out, but who bothers looking into crew replacement statistics anyways?)

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
B. "Hi. I represent a consortium of out-of-system mining interests, and we feel that your incessant infighting and price wars have lowered the price of mineralium far below what it should be. We would like to help you consolidate your hold on the mining operations here so that we can negotiate the price of mineralium upwards to where it should be. You can repay our investment by, I don't know, providing us with some captured labor for some of our more hazardous mining facilities." They capture a mine intact for us, we turn the miners over to, uh, job-retraining with the Mechanicus, and everyone's happy. Especially the people who have those annoying "critical thinking worrying" parts of their brains replaced with happy-drugs.

E: We'd have to route it through some cut-out figure on Footfall, but one shouldn't be too hard to find. And then we can invite him up for tea with the Mechanicus. Five thousand and one servitors, now!

sullat fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 21, 2015

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

If you don't vote C you are a callow disgrace

A. We need to walk lightly until we have our ship. Then all will know our name and marvel in our splendor. As far as the Augmented feeling used, well, a gift of cash or augments or more mining claims will no doubt soothe any ill feeling, if they discover it was us that helped them increase their power at the expense of a bunch of jerks.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Authority means a hell of a lot more when there's an armed ship to back it.
Learn patience, young grasshopper.

Yeah, C is a great plan. With a ship to back it up. Now we gotta borrow one, borrow an army, and the message changes from "don't mess with us" to "hey, the Prosper dynasty can't avenge insults without help!"

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
C in for a centi-throne, in for a full throne. The point of going this route is not only to acquire the personnel for the Adeptus vessel, but to do so in a public way to let people know that our dynasty has returned. For good or ill. We need to make this a public operation. Hire some merc ships to neutralize the ranged weapons, send the mercs and the augmented into the breach to lead the charge, with the Crimson guard providing close support. Maximize our public appearance (minimizing the cost by letting the mercs go first, naturally). Keep the adeptus out of it for now, they wanted us to deal with this for them, not drag them into the process of acquiring conscripts.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
T3, AS2 definitely seems like the way to go. I assume we're travelling with our house troops, so we should definitely make sure our valet is bringing some windex so he can clean off our armor when we get out of the plume so that we're nice an shiny clean for the massacre. No real thoughts on the acquisition, but I doubt the Magos is going to be dissuaded from that sweet loot by a few mere thrones, so best use it on something for the boys. Generosity and magnanimity to our loyal troops will serve us well. Good melee weapons for boarding actions, maybe some grenades, better coffee in the breakroom, that sort of thing. It's the little things like that that improve morale, as opposed to boring things like "pensions" and "health insurance".

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
AE2. Don't we want everyone to see who we are? Granted, the LasLords won't be spreading any tales about how badass we looked as we stormed the breach, but we can film our own footage for propaganda purposes.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You and your Progenitors would lead the attack,

Holy poo poo, there's more than one? Hmm, If the price for capturing this intact is merely a few lives, let's SAlvage this bad boy. Granted, the cog-boys are going to learn about it when we ask them to integrate it to our ship, but by then it will be securely in our hands. Especially if we wait until it's been pulled into orbit.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
The whole reason we gave up on the RAD grenades or the boss shield was on the off-chance there was something even more awesome here. And now that there is, we want to give it back for the hope of a return in a few decades?

e: glad to have you on board team awesome lance.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Slightly Lions posted:

I'll add this to my vote. As much as I want this lance array, I also want to minimize troop loses. Our men are exquisitely trained and lavishly equipped, the loss of any is a serious blow to our war-making ability.

I suppose we could technically signal the servitor/augmented attack before we shut down the lance battery. Sure, the first waves might get messed up, but it would distract the LasLords away from our expensive Praetorians and give us time to shut down the lance properly.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

What you mean a reputation like "Your entire dynasty was purged due to dabbling in horrific xenotech"

Everyone's got skeletons in their closets. Sometimes literally.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

i struggle to reconcile "forerunners shackled their flesh to ancient alien machine consciousness" and "brought the AdMech in to kill off a bunch of space pirates instead of doing it personally" as equal sins in the great ledger of life

Well, there are some people out there who would gladly pay their souls (and all of their family's souls) for one of them xeno-heretical devices. And those people are probably keeping an eye on us, doubly so since they've heard about our "mysterious project" far off in the reaches of space. We don't want to appear too weak to that sort, lest they decide that they can simply harvest our secrets from our brain. Sure, joke would be on them, we don't know where the device is, but small consolation for a servitor.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Crispy is currently plugged into the control center coordinating the shutdown of Wrath Incarnate.

Can we ask him to spare a few CPU cycles to override the door controls at the other end of the access tunnel and lock this guy in? The electricity should finish the job for us.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
This is holy and sacred technology of the Emperor, and I would die rather than see it damaged or in the hands of these craven heretics! C

sullat fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 3, 2015

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

nothing to seehere posted:

I told you that was a bad idea. A

This is an opportunity to get a shiny upgrade for our arm! And A. These people must pay the price for defending their homes, their lives, their children.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

goatface posted:

We don't even know if they want them. They might not have the space, time or augmetics available to deal with a sudden influx of youth.

Besides, children are cheap, we can buy them some of those wherever once we have a ship.

I assume that the augmented can make their own still? At any rate, they need space to mine, need to set up a new base, so yeah, children are a distraction. Although a children's creche does give a bonus to growth and efficiency.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Col. Corazon Santiago posted:

Proper care and education for our children remains a cornerstone of our entire colonization effort. Children not only shape our future; they determine in many ways our present. Men and women work harder knowing their children are safe and close at hand, and never forget that, with children present, parents will defend their home to the death!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They already have a crèche in their own claim. This would have been more like an injection of children. Plus, you know, feeling good about not turning innocent children into servitors and slaves of the Machine Cult.

Not sure if you get the bonus with another clan's children.

Oh god, this is presumably some internet Millgram experiment, I'm sure.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Inquisition Tramp Stamp sounds like an awesome band name.

I believe they play twice a week down by torpedo tude 3. Five throne cover, two drink minimum. Ladies and throne agents get in free.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
F. How did he die? Assassin? Poison? Giant Space Mole? Inquiring minds want to know!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Arbite posted:

D+F

Get some facts while drawing up accounts.

Sounds like a plan.

Kai Tave posted:

The reason the Magos who fixed us up with our new arm was in such high spirits is because there are dicks drawn all over our face in sharpie.

Also check a mirror. If they have such vanities on a Mechanicus ship.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Dude was the closest thing we had to a father. Which certainly might explain our lack of concern for the magos's new cherubim. Also, we should definitely see if he left us something in his will. Other than that, not sure what business opportunities his death creates, other than maybe fake relics of his life or new souvenir t-shirts for the inquisition gift shop.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
C. Let's start brainstorming how to turn a profit. Seems like we have a number of options; turning Prosperity's Reach into a profitable colony, providing just in time delivery services to areas whose food supplies have been interrupted by the quarantine at Footfall, doing mercenary work against the types that may take advantage of the disruption, or just going out exploring and pillaging in the name of the Emperor.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Best. Prosper. Day. Ever.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
b. "Evil lurks in the warp, much like it lurked in the streets of yesteryear. But it was never the streets that were evil. Well, except for the ones made of tormented souls and hate made manifest; those streets were pretty evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Is Rast from Fenris? Or is this the kind of metaphor that is common knowledge, much like "crocodiel tears" might be to someone that has never seen a crocodile before.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
I sense that B is going to win. Useful already.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
I regret that I have but one arm to give to the Omnissiah! Go find Rast. And use him as a shield.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Outrail posted:

Family murdered? Check

Multiple enemies with varying themes? Check

Eccentric cast of supporting allies? Check

Sweet vehicle? Pending

Wealth beyond the dreams of mortal men? Still pending.

A. Resources are meant to be consumed.

sullat fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

poisonpill posted:

Only now, after a war of aggression (started by a false flag assassination) during which the man, woman and child civilian populace was roundly enslaved so that he could seize their unclaimed property, did Prosper begin to wonder if he might not be a moral paragon.

Enslaved and lobotomized!

• Locked thread