Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would just like to point out how loving hilarious it is that the second Starfire's breasts are completely covered, Dark_Tzitzimine says he's lot all interest in the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

First Bass posted:

Has D_T had a meltdown yet over Starfire approaching human proportions and now having most of her body covered by clothing? Actually, is this even the same Starfire? This isn't nearly nu52 enough.

that poor girl in the background :smith:

Not so much a meltdown as a confirmation of what a creepy gently caress he is.

DarkTittiesMINE posted:

And I guess this is the end of my interest on Starfire. The writers on her book are the same as Harley Quinn and I haven't enjoyed it.

So long Kori, you won't be missed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

I wonder if we will be getting a Jeff Lemire exclusive announcement from Marvel, as he has no DC work right now.

That Constantine art looks awesome, and I know I will be picking up the first arc.

Has he ever done that before? I feel like he has three or four Image projects this year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

He had a DC exclusive, and the Marvel exclusive does not seem to stop people from doing Image work.

I didn't realize he'd signed a DC contract. Well good for him!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

CHECK OUT MY BAD OPINIONS N poo poo.

I know I'm a terrible poster but could you just stop?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jiro posted:

Gotta at least hand it to him for being genuine and not a gimmick account.

His name is pretty much DARK TITTIES ARE MINE. He's a gimmick account, just a very consistent one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Travis343 posted:

Please everybody knows its Dark_TitsAnime

I like you. We can be pals.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alucard Nacirema posted:

So apparently Scott Lobdell's hot new book Doomed is about the adventures of a teenage Doomsday clone....

Who is green lighting this stuff and why are they even wasting the paper?

They already did that in a Young Justice story years ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chinaman7000 posted:

Please stop talking to the guy who has spent months proving he has no interest in changing his opinions. The last time anything related to his opinions was funny was the very first time someone said "hey man I gave that series you obsess over a try and what the gently caress".

The Section Eight thing is weird. I do not see the appeal. I think Hitman is one of the Truly Great comics but have zero idea what this is going to be and why there is any interest. They were a gag that has not aged well.

I've always like you Chinaman7000.

As for S8, the last tie we saw them was a fantastic cap to their existence so I have no idea where Ennis will go with them. Clones maybe>

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Literally The Worst posted:

Prequel series!

ALso Dogwelder is the best character in the history of art.

Anything that gets me more Ennis/McCrea DC work is fine honestly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lotus circle posted:

That and DC has pretty much said they don't care about mangled continuity and just want to make good books, each one having their own genre and tone. Frankly I'm fine with that.

I'm hoping they really embrace what Grant laid out in the Multiversity Handbook and just randomly push books set on those Earths.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Did you probate that guy for a week because he has bad opinions?

quote:

You are terrible. You are the worst poster to ever post in BSS and every single post ends up derailing the thread over your terrible opinion. Stop posting about Red Hood. Stop posting in BSS. Go back to your tumblr filled with underage anime boobs. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

Yes he did and for once I'm 100% with Waterhaul on this. DarkStupidTits is indeed the worst thing about BSS these days and coming from that says a loving lot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Face.

Shut up it's the Face.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chinaman7000 posted:

Even if someone tasked me with generating 400 heroes for a one-time background shot and all of them are supposed to be horrible I wouldn't be able to come up with that unless I hated my boss, my company, and my readers.

Sean McKeever ladies and gentlemen!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No, his off SA posting is disgusting and he is the definition of a poo poo poster. It's not cute, it's not endearing. He shits up every thread he posts in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wendell posted:

Absolutely, yes.

And SMG is intelligent, even if you find him obnoxious. There's no comparison.

Agreed. He's insufferable but he's not a loving pervert.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Travis343 posted:

They did get some really good publicity out of the Batgirl redesign and there's some good buzz around Gotham Academy. If you believe the Internet rumor mill, internally DC is literally referring to breaking out of their 'house style' to appeal to other demographics as 'Batgirling."

They're also taking advantage of the move to Burbank to reinvent the entire company. I'm all for it. I started a DC fanboy and BY GOD I will die a DC fanboy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What a jackass, how dare he assume a woman would want a book with a female protagonist.

BTW I do this every loving day so I guess I too am the scumbag.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

I'm just saying that making snap judgments about someone based on their appearance is lovely. If a black guy comes in do you immediately point to Storm or something? Like oh, you look like this person so you must be looking for this book. I'm not saying recommending Batgirl makes you lovely, as it is an enjoyable book, but assuming that someone wants it just because they are a girl does.

I'm just foolin' dude, I didn't want to make a big deal with it. I do agree with you for the most part though. I try to wait until they say what they're looking for before offering up recommendations.

But Batgirl and Ms Marvel are my go-to books for women in the store looking for female lead books.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those god-drat belts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Form over function, ergo coolness right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpanky posted:

A show like that with early Golden Age power level Superman wearing Morrison's T-shirt/jeans/workboots/cape journeyman hero look would be so great.

Oh what Smallville could have been.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Semper Fudge posted:

Not going to bother giving Rich traffic, but apparently a recent retailer convention revealed that Geoff Johns is only going to be writing one comic from this point forward.

How the times change.

Oh. No.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The fourth one back is All Star and he doesn't die in that one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

The first one is Death of Superman and he doesn't die in that one either.

Yes he does! He even went to purgatory!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In Action Comics #692 it is confirmed that Superman actually did die and that his spirit had moved on. Doctor Occult walks him through the events and it ends with him reuniting with the Kents.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Waterhaul posted:

*ignores the multiple Ennis/Parlov Fury and Punisher MAX books that Marvel continue to publish*

When was the last MAX book featuring Fury or Punisher published?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Literally The Worst posted:

Within the last two years and they just announced another one.

Seemed longer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There was one point where Bob Wayne told us at a summit that they were very close to all being fired and the DC characters handed off to Time Warner Books. He then followed up with how funny it was that they sold off that division a year or two later and hahaha all those people were the one's who were out of jobs.

I kind of dislike Bob Wayne.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Well of course he's a dick, Bob Wayne sound suspiciously like Bob Kane.

Oh.

My.

GOD.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Isn't there a Batman story which ends with him realising some problem is more to do with social issues before saying "This looks like a job for Bruce Wayne"?

A huge part of No Man's Land was him realized he couldn't fix everything as Batman. Similar theme in Batman Inc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Except no one is fetishizing Coulson in the SHIELD comic.

There's a Cuddler Rapist origin comic?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

I hope you don't cuddle the same way that Coulson does, or we will have to get Dutchboy on the case.

Better warn Tigra to steer clear.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I never get tired of the idea that Deathstroke, a dude who got his rear end handed to him by Nightwing more than once, could take down the Flash and Green Lantern in three pages.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

I've said it once and will say it again, Deathstroke is the worst character in comics.

And like, the best villain on all comic book tv shows. I fuckin love Manu Bennet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beefstew posted:

Don't forget Ron Perlman.

Ehhhh, that show never really did it for me. Besides, Ron will always be Hellboy in my head.

Let's hope Joe Mangi-I can't remember how to spell his last name-o does a good job in the film version.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

It also kind of led into Jason Rusch being the new Firestorm so that was cool.

Yeah. Until New 52 Firestorm wrecked him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Archyduke posted:

It's the year 2015, somebody really, really should have vetoed bringing back Bueno Excellente, the Rape Joke That Walked.

Of all the members of S8 that Ennis should have killed off, it should have been him. But it was a different time and rape jokes were considered high comedy then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it DC, stop letting Paul Levitz write comics.

• Locked thread