Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Red Robin Hood posted:

Has anyone else already accidentally ejected their cartridge, or am I just :regd09:?

Went to plug it in and ejected it..

There's going to be a push guard accessory pretty soon. No word on when it'll come out.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/weirdness_these_push_guards_for_the_new_nintendo_3ds_will_stop_game_cards_from_popping_out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Space Fish posted:

Eh? I've enjoyed how the n3DSXl game slot sets the game slightly beyond my reach. The old 3DSXL was flush, which meant a game in my bag would sometimes pop out. I would exit games while before sleep mode because of that.

My N3DS won't arrive for a couple more days, so I don't personally know if it'll be an issue for me. I have been hearing other people's reports of their carts popping out though. I'll wait til I get mine to see if I want a push guard or not. I probably could have used one on the original XL because they'd pop out every once in a while when I put it in my pocket. That somehow got a lot of dust under the top screen, so I quit doing that.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Can anyone tell me what song they used in that trailer?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Skeezy posted:

Just my luck. UPS delayed my delivery. I understand that the weather is pretty lovely from Richmond upwards but man, I'm just never going to catch a break with this thing.

E. I won't spend time talking shipping info. I'm just frustrated :(

Posts like this make me glad I live in a desert wasteland. One more day of waiting for me!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Canned Panda posted:

I decided to get Monster Hunter 4 last night.

I have no idea what's going on yet (I haven't really had much of a chance to play it yet either), but I love having this smug bastard as my hunter

I love that one too. He looks like Jetstream Sam.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Twinbee or Xevious?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Twinbee, Xevious just repeats itself. There is no end to Xevious.

Edit: Oh wait, 3D Classics, this is the Famicom one, Twinbee doesn't end either really. But Twinbee is still better than Xevious.

I'll go with Twinbee then.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I transferred everything over to my N3DSXL and popped in Monster Hunter. Was briefly scared when the second stick didn't work. Then I realized I had to toggle the Circle Pad Pro mode.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

KennyMan666 posted:

And Kirby's Adventure Wii on the Wii U eShop, this is a bad day for my wallet.

I've been hovering over the purchase button on Kirby's Adventure 3D for a while. Maybe next paycheck..

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Someone said about an hour per gig. Probably depends on connection. Do the computer transfer if at all possible. It's infinitely faster.

Boy am I glad I didn't play the entirety of Kirby Triple Deluxe on my 2DS. It's absolutely gorgeous on the New 3DS XL. I think I can wait a few more days for Kirby's Adventure 3D. I have a feeling they might put it on sale in the next few days.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

raditts posted:

There's a 3D Classics of Kirby's Adventure? Man, now I have to spend money. :(

Wait til Friday. Since Rainbow Curse is coming out on Wii U, something tells me they'll have a Kirby sale.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I know at one point there were toying with making a portable Pikmin. I could see a new Pikmin being a New 3DS exclusive. Pikmin's popular, but not popular enough to where they'd be alienating people who don't have or want a New 3DS. And it would take advantage of the system's processing power. Someone give me Iwata's phone number please.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Except the rendering resolution is a couple pixels taller than the 3DS screen, which is why Nintendo have said no so far.

Given how old even the Wii versions are, you'd probably be looking at a port of the original rather than something outright new, just so they can keep Pikmin 4 for the WiiU.

I'm thinking if it were to happen, it would be some kind of spinoff with a sort of gimmick that they could do with 3DS that they couldn't do with a console game. It would be Pikmin: Subtitle and then Wii U would get Pikmin 4.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I disagree, just because there's nothing unique between the 3DS and WiiU hardware to pull a gimmick from that the other couldn't use.

Perhaps not on a hardware level, but I'm thinking more on the lines of portability. A bite-sized Pikmin with Monster Hunter/Peace Walker style missions would actually be pretty rad. Minus the grinding, of course.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Death Priest posted:

Amusingly enough, this also applies to Radiant Historia.

That was the exact moment I quit. I just couldn't beat it. I do intend to get back to it someday.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

precision posted:

There were a truly stupid number of GBA models, including the unusably small GBA Micro, which is even more weird because it came out after the SP, was not that much smaller, and the SP was basically perfect.

e: I mean wow look how much room you saved!

Came out after the SP? Hell, it came out after the original DS.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was able to manage Kid Icarus with the CPP back when it first came out, but Liberation Maiden is unplayable. :(:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It even has red text saying that New 3DS isn't eligible for register.

I don't mind not getting coins for it, but the 90 day extension would have been nice.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

STEAM seems fun enough, but holy poo poo I would really more seriously consider playing it if they could do something about the Enemy Turn wait time. At least give me a fast forward button or something!

I think the Enemy Turn wait will be mitigated once you have a full squad placed around the map. Seems like switching character view will be a way to make waiting tense.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Were you conceived in the Mad Katz Gameboy Color accessory department? :downsbravo:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Volt Catfish posted:

SNES LTTP does not have Hyaah! ahh! hahh! Hyaah! so yes.

GBA LTTP doesn't have pink hair, so that's another thing the SNES version has over it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

epitasis posted:

does codename: steam come out like tomorrow? shouldn't there be reviews around

edit: friday what to heck

Friday is Nintendo's release day. Weird, but it's better than a couple years ago when it was Sundays.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'll order a cradle next time they're available. I loved it for the other 3DSs, but then I got into the habit of playing it with the cord in while laying in bed for longer sessions. And plugging the cord in and out of the charge cradle misses the point of the cradle in the first place. Which made me realize that if I get a cradle, I'll have to buy a second charger. :sigh:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

So for the people enjoying Codename S.T.E.A.M., how are you living with enemy turns? They seem really long and unskippable or unable to make them faster.

Pushups.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

So uhhh... Anyone know some good decal girl skins?

e: I'm an idiot, please help me hide my shame.

Nice VHS tape skin.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This thread. :munch:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Radiant Historia: Really unique and somewhat cleverly designed time-travel JRPG by Atlus.

I really liked this one. It feels like the spiritual sequel to Chrono Trigger.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MGS3D needs a patch for the New 3DS so badly. There's the obvious patch to take advantage of the increase of RAM. The less obvious fix would be adjust the controls. The game thinks it's using the Circle Pad Pro, which added the zL and zR buttons. Those buttons were trigger like on that, but tiny and a bit out of the way for the New 3DS.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Apollo got a lot more interesting in AA5.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

fleshweasel posted:

The record industry banked on the temporary boost they got from people rebuying their vinyl on CD. Then they tanked. Sorry for rhyming. Nintendo customers might not be open to repurchasing their digital stuff multiple times. If Nintendo starts to lose the ability to sell people the same game multiple times...well, hard times could be ahead for them.

And vinyl is making a comeback. Nintendo should reprint their old backlog on NES/SNES/N64 cartridges.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I love the gold Majora's Mask 3DS, but purple would have been more appropriate.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Silver Falcon posted:

Just finished Apollo Justice. :toot: Last case was the best one, of course, but I also liked all the music references in the third case. I know people don't like that game, but I liked it just fine, so deal with it.

You made a hilarious post about Apollo Justice yesterday where if anyone had brought any attention to it at all, it would have spoiled it. :3:

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 21, 2015

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

If Nintendo was smart, they'd email everyone their Mewtwo codes instead of making thousands of people hammer their rickety site all at once. :smithicide:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oh. Cool. :unsmith:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I either have all of them or don't want them. Or had them. Being a Nintendo fan today is a reward and a punishment. Do I go with the eternal handcramp that is Mario Kart 7, or the mediocrity that is Yoshi's New Island?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

mabels big day posted:

atlus and level 5 poo poo goes on sale all the time. First party nintendo stuff though? fat chance.

Eh, first party does, but like, once a year around the holidays, max. They had some pretty good sales around the time Smash Bros was coming out.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I thought Azran Legacy was gonna be the final Layton game. Not that I'm complaining.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Guess Layton's got tenure.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't mind the downgrade in visuals because from what I've seen, it's a pretty negligible drop. I just wish it didn't come out the same week as Etrian Mystery Dungeon and weeks after Bloodborne. And during my finals.

Lemming posted:

I'm gonna buy it, play it for a while, and then not beat it.

:agreed:

Edit:

John Lee posted:

Crosspost from the eShop thread:

Buy him a prepaid Visa card of the equivalent amount so he could get an eshop card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

John Lee posted:

Huh. And then I could just give him the information over the internet, right?

Only thing I am worried about is that some of those Visa cards don't allow purchase of things outside of the country-of-origin. I've gotten four, and two have and two haven't allowed it, and it's pretty hard to tell by looking at the packaging.

Yeah, that could be a problem. Do they have Walgreens or CVS in Canada? See what US retail places Canada has and have him ask if they can take US gift cards. A lot of places don't even need the gift card present, so you could always just send him the gift card number and have him use that to buy an eshop card. It's pretty roundabout, but doable.