Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Okay Raw, GREAT ending to finish up the show.

Also, count me in the small handful of people delighted that the Prime Time Players are back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

Alex Greenfield shared a story recently about being in a writers' meeting with Vince and Steph and co. and having Vince out of nowhere just start talking about "can you imagine Brian Kendrick... in prison?" and how much of a pretty, pretty man he was.

Well to be fair, Brian Kendrick IS a pretty, pretty man.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Alain Post posted:

Wrestling is fake.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

I blame Daniel Bryan, personally. How many careers will he end before his hunger is satisfied?

Daniel is clearly just trying to sate the endless bloodlust of his cruel master, Rey Mysterio.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

If Samoa Joe were to had a surprise PPV debut or something, how much of the crowd would recognize him? Honest question, I never followed TNA at all so all I know is he was big there, but would that translate into a huge pop if he showed up here?

Well SNL's 40th Anniversary aired recently, so people would probably be pretty excited to see John Belushi.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I thought there would be more of a case to make for the fact they allegedly encouraged him to keep his weight up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Huh, did not know that. They also referenced JBL's run as Vampiro Americano, as well.

Oh God, that just reminded me of his story about that guy telling him,"You're wearing my gear :mad:" and JBL not realizing at first that the guy was talking literally.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

HAHAHAHAHHAA

PWInsider saying Dr. Chris Amann filed a lawsuit earlier today against former WWE champion CM Punk and Colt Cabana over his statements on the Art of Wrestling podcast.

Well this can only end well :munch:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also wouldn't Punk have medical records from the doctor he did go to who immediately identified it as MRSA? So would Amann's case be that Punk never told him about it or sought treatment?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

By the transitive property, Orton is being held back from a return because one of his fake-wives had the hots for CM Punk.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I would love to see a lengthy AJ/Charlotte match.

I'd also love to see a lengthy AJ/Paige match but they seem determined not to have one of those :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, if Punk lied about this then Amann deserves to be compensated for having his name basically dragged through the mud (even if they never specifically named him). If Punk told the truth, then Amann is taking a big risk because he could pretty much destroy his career over this.

I guess it all depends on who has the records/data to back up their side of the story.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Xenoletum posted:

On the other hand Punk has never embellished any stories he's ever told in the past

Well I'm fairly certain the WHAT DO MY KNUCKLES SAY!?! story is very slightly embellished.

In all seriousness, in cases like this, is the onus on the guy being sued to prove that it did happen, or on the guy suing to prove it did NOT happen?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is how I feel too. I have a really incredibly hard time believing they'd let Amann sue as a WWE employee if they didn't think they had a solid case.

On the other hand, maybe WWE figures that a best case scenario is that Amann wins and Punk is discredited, and a worst case scenario is that Amann loses and WWE throws him under the bus and claims it was his individual action/choice to sue.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sex Robot posted:

The rumour is that the case claims not so much that doc only offered z-packs but that punk grossly exaggerated the lump size/ how much he saw doc in the first place, much harder things to track and document that prescribed medication.

Well the other doctor would be able to verify the size of the thing, but would WWE have kept track of how often Punk visited their doctor? Even so, what was discussed between them would certainly be a he said/he said situation.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In a worst case scenario where CM Punk lost and had to pay Amann a bunch of money, he'd still have enough money left over to live in retired luxury for the rest of his life.

Be more concerned about how much damage is going to be done to his brain in his UFC match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Linda walked in on Vince scrupulously compiling that video, he hastily assured her it was for a lawsuit, and after she left he called Amann and told him he needed a big-time favor.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please tell me there is a BREAKING NEWS update on WrestlingObserver where they discuss WWE releasing a video of long, lovingly-held close-ups of CM Punk's rear end. I would go and look myself, but I don't want to wreck the dream :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vince bursts into the courtroom on the final day of arguments brandishing a video, screams that he tapes all meetings that take place in his office and this proves Punk was lying. He forces them to play the video, and they watch baffled as he proceeds to play a skit of him and some cheerleaders pointing and laughing at a mannequin dressed like JR. In the courtroom, Vince laughs so hard that tears stream down his face.

Edit: Vince is wearing a letterman jacket in the video.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

So with that video, we need to:

Add American Males to it.
Add rear end-Man to it.
Make it part of vincereaction.gif.
Mix the Ascension theme/tron with it.

I fully expect this video to be part of the Tuesday Nitro line-ups at some point.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Hey Scott, we hear you're interested in producing! Well first, we have to make a video that's zooming slow-motion shots of CM Punk's rear end and hey where are you going?

Scott: To get the one I made last year outta my car :confused:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm going to buy a single share in WWE stock so Vince McMahon is legally forced to answer my question at the next shareholder's meeting on how much company money was spent on making a video about CM Punk's butt.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mystery Opponent posted:

lol this is amazing

does this company even have a PR advisor

Here's a picture taken of the PR Advisor and Vince McMahon 0.5 of a second after Vince happily explained he was going to put up a video montage of CM Punk's rear end on his company's website.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The best revenge is living well, and apparently WWE doesn't think CM Punk has had enough revenge yet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I assume from the context shaded means some kind of backhanded insult? Is Sashoman Baeigns an oddly named twitter account for a wrestler or just some random person?

The upshot is Paige saying she doesn't think Charlotte has earned a top spot yet?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

Monday is our big chance to make this happen......

There are regularly 100+ people posting in the GDT, that's 25 more than we need to trend worldwide!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WeaponX posted:

Kelly Kelly got a last name and look how that turned out.

I'm drawing a blank.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonz posted:

Oh poo poo, that's right. Fastlane is this evening. I had totally forgotten about this awful card and it's likely awful outcomes.

I'm interested in seeing what they do with the main event, but I'm probably far more interested in what wins Best Picture and Best Director at the Oscars.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I watched the Oscars instead so I just got caught up. I thought the main event was really drat good, probably the best singles match Reigns has ever had. Since the majority of his recent matches have been against The Big Show it is pretty difficult to get a read, but Reigns seemed to hold up his end of him and Bryan just battering the poo poo out of each other.

I'd still much rather see Bryan vs Brock just like every single other person on the planet except for Vince McMahon, but at least this was more like the Roman who got over as opposed to the guy who has been suffering through Vince's "help" the last couple of months.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seams posted:

I don't think I've seen a match like the main event of Fastlane where it was so obvious that one guy was there just to make the other guy look good.

Well if Meltzer would just release that Tom Magee/Bret Hart video :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Nattie looked good.

She was so happy when Tyson and Cesaro won :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In theory a Cena/Rusev I Quit match makes a lot of sense. In execution, however, it would be the typical WWE I Quit match where Rusev punches Cena once and then immediately runs over to grab a mic, then asks Cena if he quits, Cena goes,"no :geno:" and then they repeat that for 25 minutes. Then Cena wins.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

pressedbunny posted:

Rusev wins by never being able to say "I quit" in English clearly enough for the ref to call it.

The ref is a fan of The Office, is convinced that blah blah you know the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Rusev can quit and still be undefeated.

Well he can't, because that's a submission (he's already been defeated by Roman Reigns, he just hasn't been pinned or submitted yet) but that's not the issue my post is making - I'm saying that WWE's I Quit matches are generally terrible because they destroy the flow of the match with the way they halt every 5 seconds to ask whether the guy quits yet or not. Same problem they have with Last Man Standing matches, where every move is considered a potential 10 count.

• Locked thread