Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

wtf i care about this it is a serious issue that should be talked about seroously by serious people jashtag!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

*For the Ghost Who Flies Through Space
It's not very hard to get money out of gamers.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

I find it refreshing that in a age ubiquitous webcams this scam still works.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Code Jockey posted:

it's hilarious as gently caress listening to people flirt with ~~~~girl gamers~~~~ in tf2 over voice

odd how calling them out on how retarded they sound gets a person banned, lol gamers
whenever i hear a girl on tf2 voice chat i try to sound as awkward as possible talking to them, it's very entertaining to me

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
wasn't there also a big to-do when some guy pretended to be a disabled gamer and then he accidentally stood up while on camera

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

PlotDevice posted:

The bigger question is why the gently caress would anyone play hearthstone, let alone care about some loser who plays hearthstone "professionally".

*Druid voice* Hmmm... I wonderrrr...

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

does this make fatal1ty more real?

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
girls play games for much the same reason they claim to be bi

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
This article is all about ethics in gaming journalism

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Being a gamergirl is big business! I'm p sure I've seen pictures of cam whores playing Hearthstone on stream because it pays more than stripping.

psyopmonkey posted:

Whats Hearthstone?

A really lovely card game made by :siren: BLIZZARD :siren:. Being a Hearthstone pro is a lot like being a Go Fish pro.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Starving Autist posted:

a gay version of magic cards, online-only though

Fixed that for you.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Code Jockey posted:

it's hilarious as gently caress listening to people flirt with ~~~~girl gamers~~~~ in tf2 over voice

odd how calling them out on how retarded they sound gets a person banned, lol gamers

One of the new admins on the servers I play on offered to drive cross country to visit one of the girl regulars within like 2 days of him joining the server. Somehow none of the other Admins saw that as being horribly loving creepy.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

seconding op, moose face pleae give us access to your korean vagina.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Don Tacorleone posted:

*Druid voice* Hmmm... I wonderrrr...

This was pretty good.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the video game community is so sad

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

It's actually about ethics in twitch donations.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe society was never meant to be just.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Deki posted:

One of the new admins on the servers I play on offered to drive cross country to visit one of the girl regulars within like 2 days of him joining the server. Somehow none of the other Admins saw that as being horribly loving creepy.
I would drive 500 miles and I would drive 500 more just to be the sperg that drove 1000 miles and jerked off on your door.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Deki posted:

she should have gotte n a goog voice with an area code of somewhere really far from both her and him and made him drive there, that would be funny.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

its cheating in video games to not be a real girl

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

lol gamer girls.

There's no matchmaking in certain game types in Destiny so people use a website to match up with other players. Occasionally you'll see low level players trying to get high level players to join their group by advertising that they have a girl in the voice chat.

Also when me and my friend played Halo PC way back when, we'd change our names to stuff like xxbungiegirl and snipergirl17 to bait people into paying more attention to the chat than to what we were doing.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 19, 2015

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

dog buttz posted:

lol gamer girls.

There's no matchmaking in certain game types in Destiny so people use a website to match up with other players. Occasionally you'll see low level players trying to get high level players to join their group by advertising that they have a girl in the voice chat.

Also when me and my friend played Halo PC way back when, we'd change our names to stuff like xxbungiegirl and snipergirl17 to bait people into paying more attention to the chat than to what we were doing.

You pretended to be a girl online, and they are the weird ones. Did you push your peepee down to get into character while you were pwning some noobs?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hobohemian posted:

You pretended to be a girl online, and they are the weird ones. Did you push your peepee down to get into character while you were pwning some noobs?

Is this not good? He who perfects his path

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hobohemian posted:

looks like someone fell for the ol' honeypot

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ArbitraryC posted:

I would drive 500 miles and I would drive 500 more just to be the sperg that drove 1000 miles and jerked off on your door.

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

i also used to close my eyes and pretend my friend was a girl h aha just getting some good Halo laughs you know how it is haha

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Sammus posted:

Have people forgotten that one of the first rules of the internet is/was "There are no girls here?"

This was true in like 2004 but since then many people have become trans to even out the balance

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Hobohemian posted:

Who said I'm a guy?

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
tee-hee! :P ~laughs @ u (coquettishly)~

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
insert coins to continue

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

pathetic little tramp posted:

"the controvery, like so many other in esports, began on reddit"

somewhere in the midst of writing that sentence, the sheer existential pall of impending longing for the sweet release of death came into the writer's mind, just for a moment

Fixed.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
lmfao I actually suggested doing this with my ex, her sit on webcam and talk to nerds and pretend like she's playing games while I kill people and see how many people donate.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Akumos posted:

lmfao I actually suggested doing this with my ex, her sit on webcam and talk to nerds and pretend like she's playing games while I kill people and see how many people donate.

And that's why she's your ex now, right??

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Low hanging fruit, I am ashamed of myself.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
lol if your girlfriend doesn't indulge and applaud your habit of playing childish video games

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the video game community is so sad

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it is insanely cool to get paid to give nerds disingenuous boners.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
no wonder they call korean women two faced

also all the plastic surgery of course

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Whatever happened to that game streamer guy who made believe he was a paraplegic until one day he accidentally started walking around by accident and he deleted his channel?

I mean this question literally: what he is doing right this second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Would people pay to watch me play Skyrim while petting my cat?

Ill wear basketball shorts and a hoodie.

Not sexy ones either.

• Locked thread