Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Firstborn posted:

And here is another character breakdown. This time... Adult Gohan! One of his costumes is Future Gohan (I guess before he lost an arm), and he has Special Beam Cannon as an Ultimate. :3:

I'm sad that there's not a Great Saiyanman outfit with the bandanna and sunglasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Firstborn posted:

If it lessens the blow, you can get the bandanna and sunglasses for your CAC. Skip to 1:30, another at 1:36 with the sunglasses up. You can also get the combo of Gohan and Videl as your mentor, and learn all of Saiyaman's moves.

I am okay with all of this.

Is it confirmed that you can only use one of those accessories at a time? So no Halo + hat, for example.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Firstborn posted:

1 accessory at a time, because some of them have stat bonuses. They didn't want people getting crazy stat bonuses by equipping everything at once.

That's a shame...I wish you could have one that would give you the stat bonus and then a couple more cosmetic-only slots...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lizard Wizard posted:

To be fair, that's just asking for clipping issues.

Not if things occupying the same physical space were disallowed. I mean, its just disappointing that you can't toss a scouter on someone who has a halo, or give the cool insect wings to a guy wearing Gero's hat.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Hey at least in Xenoverse, the hero is YOU!!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I highly doubt the super serious min-maxing crowd is going to latch on to this game. And even if they do, there will always be goons to have "sub optimal" matches with

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Consoles get this early? Is it bad that I'm tempted to double dip?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

PantsBandit posted:

He appears to be on earth yet is collecting Namekian Dragon balls.

Preorder cancelled.

I think they just wanted the dragon balls to be bigger in-game objects. Remember, the earth ones are the size of oranges.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

projecthalaxy posted:

19 and 20 aren't in this game, which makes not having their eye beams selectable make more sense. They're less important than Saibamen and Appule! Hooray!

I would not at all be surprised to see an Android-focused DLC pack.

Firstborn posted:

B) No impressive beards, just Roshi's beard and a terrible beatnik dad beard

the lack of facial hair options is really cramping my dream of recreating myself in-game :(

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Are Beerus and Whis' costume bits wearable by CaCs?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm surprised Broly isn't playable...possibly DLC? Isn't he a fan favorite even in Japan?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Flytrap posted:

I know there's an achievement for beating him. He's apparently the secret Real Last Boss.

Ahh, thank you!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Rewatched Battle of Gods today; even more hype for Xenoverse now. Wanna beat up Beerus and Son Goonku.

Nasgate posted:

Broly owns because it's the correct response to a screaming child. Aka roaming the galaxy murdering everything until said baby is dead.

I feel this way sometimes at movie theaters...restaurants...grocery stores...any place there are annoying screaming babies.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm so glad that there's at least that beard option. It's way douchier than my actual facial hair...but I'm hellbent on my first CaC being Me-except-a-Saiyan

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

That is literally the only non-accessory beard option, for an earthling at least.

Are there any mustaches? And can that beard be used on a Saiyan? It's not like Saiyans can't have facial hair. There's King Vegeta in Z, and Prince Vegeta in GT...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Firstborn posted:

You can use the beard on a Saiyan.

That's the best I'm gonna get I suppose.

What's the face customization like? Is it just presets? Or stuff like Eyes 1-10, Nose 1-10, etc? Or did they go crazy with it and give us size and shape sliders like Saints Row?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Pureauthor posted:

Edit: If you go SSJ does the beard turn yellow as well?

Oh god, I need to know this as well.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Man, I kinda hope they add some of the what-if transformations from like Heroes and the like; I want SSJ3 Vegeta and Broly.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So I'm getting my poo poo kicked in on the 2nd Time Patrol against Nappa and Vegeta. Do I just need to grind up a few levels on the one parallel mission I have access to, or am I just bad?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Nappa's just a motherfucker, brutal up close and his evasion move is a big up close aura. Level up but the main strategy is don't let him get close unless you're ready to do big melee attacks. Vegeta's easy, just block his beams, they hit like trucks but when you avoid lasers he's just a normal dude.

Yeah, Nappa keeps knocking off huge chunks of my health leaving me with not enough to deal with Vegeta.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Mate he has the Spirit Ball and that thing is the poo poo.

Apart from in this game where it misses every time you throw it.

I had the spirit ball hit someone directly behind me once.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

NomChompsky posted:

In my play data it says I have found 7 dragon balls I don't know how to do poo poo with them though.

There's a dragon ball podium in the center of the top area of the city, where Trunks wished you into existence in the first place. I haven't gotten any dragonballs myself, but I assume that's where they go

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Ciaphas posted:

Wait is this actually a good game? I sort of disregarded it immediately after the first few pages of the thread. :confused:

It's made by the team that did the old good 2D budokai games, so the fighting is solid, and the premise basically lets you reenact all your old middle school fanfics.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Ciaphas posted:

Huh, well, how 'bout that.

Too bad I'm frustratingly poo poo-tier at fighting games :(

I am exactly the same way. I am terrible and am still having a blast with this. It really feels like you're playing Dragon Ball Z.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Where's the item that let's me come out of a cloud of smoke (left over from an attack) looking completely unfazed to surprise everybody in the match that i'm still alive?

There's a Z Soul that lets you tank a death blow and come back with like 10% of health.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
after several failed attempts to line up a fusion dance, we all just played dead instead.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
How do you tell if you've learned everything from a given mentor? I got Destructo Disc from Krillen, then he made me make him an Energy capsule and I got a Z Soul from him, and I dunno if I can go suck up to Vegeta yet or not.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So I did the dumb thing and bought the game twice; I had my Steam game+season pass preorder, but then my boss wanted to be able to play online with me and my housemates wanted will go do Time Patrol, so I bought the Xbone version too...but now I don't have the preorder bonuses on the console, or the season pass...but I've already made progress on that version, so will I really want to switch over to Steam?

At this point, I just hope someone makes a mod of some kind to unlock everything instantly on the PC version so I can use that for just dicking around and have the Xbone version be my actual "here is where I make progress" version.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

RickDaedalus posted:

Has there been any word at all about the PC Port? Because I'm gonna blow $50 on this game just to make my own Goku.

I am disappointed there's no Dragon Ball stuff, especially since it's a lot better than Dragon Ball Z. Oh, well.

There are some costume bits from Dragon Ball characters, plus the Power Pole is coming in one of the DLCs if I remember correctly.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
There's a dragonball tabletop game???

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So on the Xbone version, I keep getting dumped back to the main menu because "The Xenoverse service is not available", and then when I try to start up again, even if I select Single Lobby, it tries to connect to the server, fails, and dumps me back to the menu again.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The Green Calx posted:

Oh I see. Sorry, I didn't realize!

That's why I bought the game a second time! And now I'm about to have it running on two different devices at once! I think I'll be a cool Freeza-Race guy on Steam. Better yet; male majin, named Gaben.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

-Fish- posted:

I've beaten Trunks. What the hell does he want me to do from here?

Wander around Tokitoki city and talk to all the NPCs that have the little (?) things over their heads.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Beat story mode, then the other 7 CaC slots open up.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, if you're ever hitting a wall in story mode, go do some PQs for a bit and gain a level or two.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

FrancoFish posted:

The fact that I have to go grind levels to beat one of the earliest fights that is blocking off half the game is stupid as gently caress.

You'll only need a level or two. Nappa hits like a truck, but part of the grinding is just gonna be naturally getting better at the game and learning to dodge/block better.

Oh, and "Go do some PQs for a bit" is gonna be standard procedure for the whole game. Do a Time Patrol, go do some PQs, come do more Time Patrol, then do more PQs, repeat.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

texasmed posted:

Get the Z-soul "Never give up" so it rezzes you once if you die. Also pick up some healing capsules, and use weak attacks to combo into your supers and ultimate. I did that fight at around level 5, haven't gotten roadblocked yet.

Oh yeah, I didn't even think of that - make sure you're using healing items and the like!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Are you able to respec? I noticed that most of the Frieza specific armor lowers your Ki attacks and I went for a ki build because it said they have low attack so I'm not sure if I'm shooting myself in the foot or not.

If you look at the little graph, it looks like the stat changes from clothes are pretty small, so you shouldn't have too much to worry about.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Mans posted:

Is there any way to play custom battles with regular characters? From looking at goons posts it seems like the game is restricted to the OC campaign and online battles.

Yeah, in everything except the main story mode you're given a character select screen where you can use any of the characters/movesets you've unlocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I finished Frieza saga at 19

• Locked thread