Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Phlairdon posted:

Think Turok2 multiplayer is any good? Wanna give it a try?
Lol :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Spectral Debt posted:

"let's play something else"

"go to stunt stage"

"k"

*car goes up ramp and flips a thousand times then lands perfectly*

:eyepop::respek::eyepop:

Rush2 was the one with the stunt stage. Rush had a secret stunt area in one of the levels but it wasn't nearly as cool.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Cubey posted:

pretty sure some crazy person did a slappers only run of goldeneye on 00 agent some years ago. he is my hero.

i tried playing goldeneye on 00 agent about a year ago and came to the conclusion that goldeneye is the only game i was actually better at as a kid. i beat the whole goddamn thing on 00 agent back then, i couldn't get past bunker 1 on it now.
Pretty sure I was the first person in my city to unlock 007 mode, when I was like a Sophomore in HS.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Big Beef City posted:

also lol if you played as anything other than 'Helicopter Pilot'
While he looked badass his headshot hitbox was like twice the size of the other characters, making him a poor choice. Oddjob is actually a poor choice in this regard too. Everyone always thought that he was a strategic choice because of a his smaller frame but his height also means that his head is in direct line of a standard shot. Where most people would take a body shot, Oddjob gets popped in the noggin.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Cool thing about dying early in Mario Kart battle mode is that you got to be the bomb and try to troll whoever it was that killed you.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

mcvey posted:

Top 3 n64 game
BattleTanx II's multiplayer mode was incredibly balanced and nuanced and also super loving fun.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
License to Kill / Pistols Only (or just Pistols Only) ruled because I could circle-strafe and screen-watch anticipate like a mf and no one would stand a chance. Also if you weren't playing LtK then I'd make a quick jaunt for the body armor while you spawned to kill any hope you may have had.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

In LtK, with body armour on, you can survive one shot from the Klobb, it's THAT terrible.
lol

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

exquisite tea posted:

Turok 2 I just sorta gave up on at some point because the levels were so long. The first level and music was really good though.

Perfect Dark is still one of the coolest most ambitious FPS games ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I actually really liked the "adventure"ish Bomberman game for N64 because it had a ton of "hidden collectable" "customizable outfits" type poo poo and that definitely hit all my apsie triggers when I was a little kid.

• Locked thread