Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Please put more effort into your threads, like I do with mine.

Also, post less but more high quality threads and posts.

Make your threads funny or entertaining.

Just a few pro tips for ya's.

Mod's please sticky this.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
Agreed. It needed to be said.

For example, one thing that pisses me off is where the OP makes a thread like "I love boobs" but then doesn't include any pics in the OP. Or where the OP makes a thread that comments on some news item, but then doesn't include any links to said news item story in the OP. This is just lazy.

There is a difference between good shitposting and bad shitposting. It's really not that hard to be a good shitposter, particularly if you are gonna make a whole loving thread about something.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
agreed re: tits

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Thank you.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

please make more effort the old gbs people are starting to congeal back into a semi coherent mass and make that noise they make.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I'm the pinewood derby silver medal winner of good shitposting, I even carved this post out of pine and screwed weights down so it would get me out of this hellish vfw basement faster

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Why isnt this stickied yet?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
gently caress no

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I did, but then someone made the exact same thread and that one got more attention.

Lesson learned: gently caress effort.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

gently caress no

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Looking forward to the "Please put more effort into your ______" parody threads

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Nutsngum posted:

Looking forward to the "Please put more effort into your ______" parody threads

Yeah, well thats what you get when mods dont take things seriously and wont sticky this important PSA thread

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

It's not a popular opinion these days, but I miss the more iron-fisted moderation of old.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

*Walks slowly into thread.*
I'm so fuckin tired man, I need to go to bed. Rapman come into my bed and cuddle me warmly to sleep bro.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i farted

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

Avernus posted:

It's not a popular opinion these days, but I miss the more iron-fisted moderation of old.

yyeah things were way better back in the good ol days of febuary 2015

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Remember that week where we had to make five threads a day every day?
That was fun we should do that again.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

uG posted:

yyeah things were way better back in the good ol days of febuary 2015

Oh right because every human on this beautiful Earth is restricted to the bulletproof "One Account Per Human Ever" system and there's never been horribly annoying posters that rereg constantly.

An no, I'm not one of them. I'm back after not having internet for a good long while. Mostly lurked and played games then. But I got locked out of the email associated with that account and couldn't just reset my password here since I couldnt get into that email account to get said reset password anyway. So, new account.

I joined in 07.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Avernus posted:

never let it be said that I'm not a reasonable guy, I certainly want you to be happy here

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

Avernus posted:

Oh right because every human on this beautiful Earth is restricted to the bulletproof "One Account Per Human Ever" system and there's never been horribly annoying posters that rereg constantly.

An no, I'm not one of them. I'm back after not having internet for a good long while. Mostly lurked and played games then. But I got locked out of the email associated with that account and couldn't just reset my password here since I couldnt get into that email account to get said reset password anyway. So, new account.

I joined in 07.

defend your registration date

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
fight me

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Darkman Fanpage posted:

gently caress no
really kind of shocked and dismayed that "no" wasn't the first reply

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

gnarlyhotep posted:

never let it be said that I'm not a reasonable guy, I certainly want you to be happy here

Ahahahaha Gnarly best mod.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

:ironicat:

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Avernus posted:

I joined in 07.

lol suuuuuuure ya did buddy

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe

gnarlyhotep posted:

you're turning into a monster, i regret ever having gay anal buttsex with your next-door neighbor for fear i will catch your power-abuse disease

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

it is posted:

you're turning into a monster, i regret ever having gay anal buttsex with your next-door neighbor for fear i will catch your power-abuse disease

I hope you used protection

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
there is no protection against the moral decay emanating from your house

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
so harsh, you were so much nicer irl

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
i wont

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Effort is no panacea to the corruption at the heart of GBS.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Inevitable posted:

Effort is no panacea to the corruption at the heart of GBS.

- Abraham Lincoln

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

JebanyPedal posted:

*Walks slowly into thread.*
I'm so fuckin tired man, I need to go to bed. Rapman come into my bed and cuddle me warmly to sleep bro.

I thought you were rapman. Now I'm confused. where do I put all these succulent cocks now

• Locked thread