Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I am sorry bro but if you regularly drink 2+ cups of coffee a day you arent straight edge, youre literally a drug addict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Applewhite posted:

Actually studies have shown that caffeine extends life and expands consciousness, OP.

Theres a bunch of back and for studies about it butttt the argument is not that it is necessarily detrimental to your health. It is the fact that it is a drug and your body physically gets addicted to it.

So, just saying youre a drug addict. But, thats cool no judgement zone here. :thumbsup:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
also when i noticed i was doing 3-4 coffees a day I decided to stop. The next two days i had stupid headaches and felt like poo poo so i switched to green tea so, I am a recovering addict.

kinda like a heroin addict weening off with suboxone.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
every now and then I have a coffee when i feel bad.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

a messed up horse posted:

it's my favorite drug, op

just use it responsibly plz

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Nonviolent J posted:

day 4 caffeine free after a massive coffee/no doz/energy drink habit
feel kinda alive for once

:hf:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Mr. Pumroy posted:

drugs are good

this is spawned from me picking on my friends sxe girlfriend who hates on weed and I am like "girl you drink 3 coffees and 2 redbulls a day, now thats an addiction"

not hating of coffee/caffeine at all.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
she also thinks its not breaking edge to take half a xanax when she is feeling "stressed out"

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Nefarious posted:

gee loving whiz however will I live with myself

not sure if this is sarcastic or not, just to play it safe. Bro, its cool dont commit suicide i still love you even if you arent edge.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

RobattoJesus posted:

Have a 3rd cup of coffee you loving junkie.

JebanyPedal posted:

"Caffeine" comes from the racist Afrikaans term "kaffer" referring to the black color of the coffee. When you ask for caffeine you are making an oppressive request.

my dudes.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Nefarious posted:

is cum straitedge?

yes but not vegan.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

RobattoJesus posted:

It is vegan if you eat your own semen, but if you eat other people's semen then it's not because they might not be vegan and you could accidentally be eating beef or cheese second hand which would mean you aren't vegan anymore,

even if they arent vegan cause we are animals and it is definitely an animal product. just like cannibalism isnt vegan. but this is about coffee.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

i see what you did there. :getin:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Minorkos posted:

i noticed i was doing 3-4 coffees a day and never stopped

its okay that you are addicted, we are still best buds :]

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

killaer posted:

Studies have found that a small amount of caffeine (as long as you've properly hydrated and eaten) actually improves athletic performance during a workout or a jog!

Studies have found that I'm a massive human being too

when i played college athletics one of the banned substance was literally caffeine ( at a certain level of course )

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Coffee creates wealth in developing nations, if you don't drink it you're a Commie bitch

also one of the top crops that is destroying the rainforest(along with soy lol hipsters killing the planet). plus there is a huge amount of exploitation going on with developing nation's coffee crops but thats all things in developing nations so idk

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
they only tested us at the beginning of the season and threats of random drug tests. I only got one random test but that was purely for steroids( we had a freshly cracked bat which makes the ball fly for a short period of time) but we were told (and we did ask) that if we were found to have elevated caffeine levels we would be punished. but that would take a poo poo ton of pills.

I am not saying y'all are addicted to coffee, science says that. and I am not upset with y'all about it, I love y'all.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Defilement of natural wonders and the suffering of the underclasses makes coffee taste better, ya dummy

oh don't you think I don't know. that's why I said I like to drink coffee when I wanna be bad >: ]

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Matey posted:

I hadn't drank coffee in over 3 months and I just got back from getting a coffee and this is the first thread I read. Serendipity? I think so, op. I think so.

it's okay to be a lil bad :)

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

RattiRatto posted:

Technically speaking, caffeine is a drug. It alters you body and mind as soon as it is inserted in the body. In this case by waking you up.

it also effects your mood and, though mild, forms a physical addiction in your body.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Lysator posted:

Oh no! What will my family think of me!

Lamebot posted:

gently caress!! fuCKK! IM NOT STRAIGHT EDGE? FUUUUUCLK *sips coffee*

Its okay I am not either :] we can all be friends. Lysator if you need me to speak to your parents hmu, parents love me.

amityville anus posted:

What if you're in a cycle of binging and purging on coffee? 1 week on 6 weeks off

still not edge bro.

Aryu Kiddimeh posted:

No, I'm sorry Bro.

Bro, its okay bro. :glomp:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

amityville anus posted:

Im only drinking coffee so I can stop smoking weed long enuff to get a job

uh actually cofee+weed is a pro move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Voltage posted:

I just attempted to make a pot of drip coffee in the office machine because of this thread and failed miserably. I poured the water in and it just started dumping out coffee before I could put the pot under the dripper. I couldn't find an on/off switch on it anywhere.... :morning:

shoulda clarified: make the coffee first then smoke up.

• Locked thread