Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

"Here we see Chrysler preparing the new Chrysler 200"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

go3 posted:

i test drove a 2012 Charger and i'd describe the steering feel as yacht-like

They are bad rear end strait line cars. And they do make all the right noises. I will admit that, but every thing else...
Its so god awful.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
my cattes name is Smokey Eunuch that's pretty AI right

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Elephanthead posted:

But chryslers are Italian?

Which is only a slight step up from being French.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!

blugu64 posted:

It's important to get a rear defroster when buying a Chrysler so your hands don't get cold pushing it out of traffic.
:parrot:

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
My last rental 200 had 400 miles on it and the rear defrost didn't work.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

On the plus side Chryslers are all very safe because the tow truck takes most of the impact.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
My grandmother's crappy late 80s Dodge Minivan set itself on fire at some point in the 90s.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Rode around in a rented Jeep Grand Cherokee last weekend. Seemed decent, better than a rented Tahoe anyway, but the engine was pretty wheezy under heavy load.

(The company also appeared to be renting Ford Focus and Fiesta STs with six-speed sticks. Why couldn't we have one of those?)

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

BrokenKnucklez posted:

They are bad rear end strait line cars. And they do make all the right noises. I will admit that, but every thing else...
Its so god awful.

So... just the handling, or are there other specific things wrong with the LX cars?

Because all this is so far is the statement about them handling like yachts and a bunch of "lol Dodge sucks" comments and anecdotes about eighties minivans.

I'm gonna drive navigate a Challenger this weekend and I still don't know why I shouldn't buy one.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
My dad was a huge Mopar guy back in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. He then started buying Japanese cars because "Chryslers were basically like flipping a coin as to whether you would get a good one or not." Nowadays it's more like rolling a die and getting a good one if it lands on 6.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

CornHolio posted:

So... just the handling, or are there other specific things wrong with the LX cars?

Because all this is so far is the statement about them handling like yachts and a bunch of "lol Dodge sucks" comments and anecdotes about eighties minivans.

I'm gonna drive navigate a Challenger this weekend and I still don't know why I shouldn't buy one.
I extensively test drove a Charger last year with my wife. We found it to be refined, comfortable and it had pretty good handling for a vehicle of it's size. Would've bought it if it wasn't a bit more car than we needed.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Francis Baconator posted:

I extensively test drove a Charger last year with my wife. We found it to be refined, comfortable and it had pretty good handling for a vehicle of it's size. Would've bought it if it wasn't a bit more car than we needed.

Chrysler: The wealthy middle class man's car.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I was given a 2004 Chrysler Sebring convertible as a loaner car once from a shop. So gutless and unresponsive the only entertainment was mashing the gas pedal to the floor with the music and absolutely nothing happening. Driving that car made me lust for death. Just being near it caused suicidal ideation.

gently caress chrysler and gently caress you

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
The one thing Chrysler is good at is taking a platform and wringing every last loving drop out of it.

They got about two dozen variants of the K-car alone.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

if it wasn't a bit more car than we needed

ex-chrysler reporting to say HAHA gently caress YOU THATS EVERYTHING THEY MAKE

seriously though MOPAR GSD was an interesting division to be in and i enjoyed my job.

that being said gently caress chrysler and gently caress you

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
reminder that Hemi based engines are the most powerful automotive internal combustion engines ever produced :colbert:

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Bacon Hat posted:

ex-chrysler reporting to say HAHA gently caress YOU THATS EVERYTHING THEY MAKE

seriously though MOPAR GSD was an interesting division to be in and i enjoyed my job.

that being said gently caress chrysler and gently caress you
:parrot: + :wotwot:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

VikingSkull posted:

reminder that Hemi based engines are the most powerful automotive internal combustion engines ever produced :colbert:

Lambhorgini Aventador :colbert:

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
My chrysler experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZAJfgqTtWM

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
One thing I never understood is why Chrysler puts navigation systems in their cars, it's not like they'll go far enough to get lost or anything.

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer

blugu64 posted:

One thing I never understood is why Chrysler puts navigation systems in their cars, it's not like they'll go far enough to get lost or anything.

It's to show the nearest service center for when you break down :parrot:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

CommieGIR posted:

Lambhorgini Aventador :colbert:

reminder that Chrysler owned Lamborghini

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

VikingSkull posted:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

Reminder that Chrysler also had a stake in Maserati during the biturbo years.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

blugu64 posted:

Reminder that Chrysler also had a stake in Maserati during the biturbo years.

Who could forget this classic:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

VikingSkull posted:

Reminder that the current generation of HEMI motors is a marketing gimmick.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Blasphemy!

mungtor
May 3, 2005

Yeah, I hate me too.
Nap Ghost

CornHolio posted:

What's going to happen is that you're going to actually drive one and immediately wonder how a new car with double digits on the odometer can ride worse, handle worse, and have more rattles than the 200k E39 you left back on the lot. You'll constantly be worried about hitting things because the car is huge and the sight lines are so poor that you'll have no idea of where in the lane you actually are. People will curse at you for wandering into their lane or pulling out in front of them, and you'll finally understand why it happens because you couldn't see them anyway. Then you'll take it back to the dealer, smile at the salesman, and it will be a relief to get back in your car.

However, that unfortunately doesn't apply only to Chrysler products.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Mister Kingdom posted:

Who could forget this classic:

Just about everyone, it turns out.

Though I did see one for sale at Coffee and Cars last year. Own a piece of history!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

StandardVC10 posted:

Just about everyone, it turns out.

Though I did see one for sale at Coffee and Cars last year. Own a piece of history poo poo!

There, I fixed your spelling.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Hearing a lot of Parrot squawking ITT.

"My friend's niece's grandmother's brother has a buddy who's a plumber and had an ECU go out on his 1987 Dodge Dynasty once, so Chryslers are all crap. I never owned one, but why would I, based solely on someone's 5th hand experience and Internet wisdom."
:goonsay:

OK well I personally have seen the Chrysler sebring have a bad water pump kill the motor. Other cars it often wont do this. I also have seen what it takes to replace said water pump. And it is in fact such a lovely repair most people recommend changing the motor. But im not cradling chryco balls so all you probably hear is squak squak.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

SouthsideSaint posted:

OK well I personally have seen the Chrysler sebring have a bad water pump kill the motor. Other cars it often wont do this. I also have seen what it takes to replace said water pump. And it is in fact such a lovely repair most people recommend changing the motor. But im not cradling chryco balls so all you probably hear is squak squak.
Nope. The Sebring was a turd. Every manufacturer has the occasional one or two. Some more than others. Yes, that even includes Chrysler. Here is a partial list of Chrysler vehicles I don't like, just off the top of my head, in no particular order:

Sebring/Plymouth Breeze, Intrepid, Stratus, 2nd Gen Neon, PT Cruiser, Prowler, Mirada, Aspen, Caliber, Journey, Shadow and Diplomat.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

"Here we see Chrysler getting ready to cancel the Jeep Cherokee and launch the Jeep Commander"

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
An 8.4L engine in a modern car is one of the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

thanks that is my contribution to the Chrysler thread.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

"Here we see Chrysler getting ready to cancel the Jeep Cherokee and launch the Jeep Commander"
Must be a stock photo you're linking. That's the same one they used for the launch of the 4th gen Mazda Miata. In fact, I think I've seen that same image used in an expose on the VAG parts production line.

Cole posted:

An 8.4L engine in a modern car is one of the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.
There is no replacement for displacement. 8.4L is, at best, an acceptable starting point.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

There is no replacement for displacement.

And this thread isn't about you fellating Chrysler, right? :allears:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Nope. The Sebring was a turd. Every manufacturer has the occasional one or two. Some more than others. Yes, that even includes Chrysler. Here is a partial list of Chrysler vehicles I don't like, just off the top of my head, in no particular order:

Sebring/Plymouth Breeze, Intrepid, Stratus, 2nd Gen Neon, PT Cruiser, Prowler, Mirada, Aspen, Caliber, Journey, Shadow and Diplomat.

Only 90% of Cryco's lineup is bad, but they're not a bad company because.... :v:

Anyways, from doing Valet and getting to drive most of the Chrysler lineup, I wasn't impressed by any of them. All of the pre-2012 cars have lovely, sheet plastic interiors that fall apart, terrible fit and finish, and most have pretty terrible feeling engines. Seriously though Chrysler has to be the worst at interiors more than anything, miles of plastic that feels like it'll snap if you put your fist down too hard. Though to give them credit, they have improved on that since 2013 or so.

Though I was kinda surprised by their minivans. The Town and Country actually seemed pretty nice for what it was. And I hate minivans.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

My last rental 200 had 400 miles on it and the rear defrost didn't work.

my current rental Spark has somehow attained 20k miles. it is a goddamn miracle given how lovely the vehicle is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-r...dium=socialflow

At least Dodge made a truck bad rear end enough for Chuck Norris.

• Locked thread