Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i request that dr roosevelt etc finish GTA 4 and bioshock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

jawbroken posted:

I'm probably missing something, but I struggle to see the point of an LP request thread, and especially one with over 700 video games listed in it. That's almost every video game ever made, by my count. Why not just replace the entire thread with a link to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_video_games

Does someone find this resource useful? How has this concept lasted for 4 threads?

I'm reforming the request thread. Hold on

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

jawbroken posted:

Does someone find this resource useful? How has this concept lasted for 4 threads?

I personally hope this thread keeps you up at night.

And I find it useful.

jawbroken
Aug 13, 2007

messmate king

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I personally hope this thread keeps you up at night.

Please don't troll me on here, I couldn't take it. Just curious as to what you use it for.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Not sure about the list at the start, but it works pretty well if you read by the posts because people actually explain why what they're requesting is interesting and should be seen.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

jawbroken posted:

Please don't troll me on here, I couldn't take it. Just curious as to what you use it for.

I don't use it but I guess "I feel like making some videos... can't think of anything. Maybe I'll get some ideas here?" I dunno.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

jawbroken posted:

Just curious as to what you use it for.

Sometimes I miss stuff on the RSS feed or I end up wanting to check to see if a game Im interested in is being LPed. A request might also give me ideas for a new LP.

Is the list bloated? Sure, and I suspect quite a few entries should be removed but its not useless.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Ok, so the point of this thread is to provide a place for people who enjoy the LPs on SA to request LPs of games that presumably haven't been LPed on SA. Hence the title. As slowbeef pointed out, there are posters who can now come in and get ideas for something they might LP. It's a quick way of seeing where interest lies without doing an interest check in the Sandcastle. Even if you're LPing just for fun, it's nice to know that someone will be watching and engaging with your thread.

I figure that's all pretty self-explanatory, though, so you're probably wondering about the list: it's over a year old. It could be useful if it wasn't so bloated. So I'm going to remove the excess bulk and try to streamline it into something representative of actual forum interest.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Start an entirely new list. Maybe grab the last couple of pages of the old thread, and anyone with a less current request can ask again if they still care and still don't have an LP.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Yeah, I was thinking of that. There's a bunch of old requests that finally have an LP running, so I just wanted to make sure I noted those down, though.

jawbroken
Aug 13, 2007

messmate king
Yeah, I guess if it wasn't so long then it might be useful for that. Thanks for replying.

CielynGizmo
Dec 26, 2012
Lost Generation did a pretty good LP of Medievil for the PS1.
http://lparchive.org/MediEvil/

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

jawbroken posted:

I'm probably missing something, but I struggle to see the point of an LP request thread, and especially one with over 700 video games listed in it. That's almost every video game ever made, by my count. Why not just replace the entire thread with a link to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_video_games

It makes people like me delude ourselves into feeling okay with never having the courage to LP games we like ourselves.

That's what I used it for anyway.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
There's a Sam and Max series thread in progress.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Yeah, I think the thread is good for people to talk about what sort of LPs they'd like to read/participate in that they may not be skilled at actually creating, or to avoid interest checks. Like, for example, I love megathreads, especially ones that cover older games. The more old-game megathreads, the happier I am. I even suggested a beat em up megathread in the LP for the weird fan-made hybrid of Fatal Fury and Final Fight, and got some positive response from it.

I also think a megathread for zelda-likes would be fantastic, but I just don't know much about the genre, and while I'm not bad at those type of games, I'm hardly good enough to LP them, but I know enough to know there are a ton of games in that umbrella that get completely overlooked today and could use some revisiting. But again, I'm really not the person to start such a thing. Which is why this thread is here.

(Oh, and by the by, I'm slowly completing a hybrid LP of Gargoyle's Quest for the game boy. The previous one by Captain Duck is forums archive only. If I feel like it, I might do the Japanese-only gb remake of the sequel as well.)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I saw Jurassic Park for SNES on the list there, in the 2007 thread, Iron Chitlin, Hiipfire, Gulping, Final Gamer, BrokenOgre, Heavy Sigh, inthesto and I did a trainwreck stream of me plowing through the game in about two and a half hours.

Also holy poo poo it's been nearly a year since then :stare:

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Can someone LP the RPG named Sudeki? It's on steam now so you don't need an xbox to play it, I posted it in the other request thread but I don't see it on the list, has it been done?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Samael posted:

Can someone LP the RPG named Sudeki? It's on steam now so you don't need an xbox to play it, I posted it in the other request thread but I don't see it on the list, has it been done?

Not that I'm aware of. I'm still making a reformed request list, and Sudeki is still on it. I'll try and get the new list done by tomorrow.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I think a VLP or Hybrid LP of Nayuta no Kiseki for the PSP would be pretty sweet. It's a Falcom action-adventure RPG, so it's something like Gurumin or Zwei 2, or more notably Brave Fencer Musashi and Threads of Fate. There's no official localization yet, but the fan translation is extensive and... not terrible. Point is it's an awesome game and it would be cool if more people got to see what it's like.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The request list has been reformed. Some requests have been kept, a great many others have been purged. Here was the process:

The old list was old. Very old. Who knows how old. Years, maybe. If a request hadn't been fulfilled in that time, the assumption was that there wasn't interest in currently LPing it--also, who knows if the people who requested it are still on the forums or not. So, they've been purged. If an old request currently had an ongoing LP, it was kept with a link to said LP--there weren't many. Everything else that was kept were the requests made in the previous request thread, as they are still recent enough to be somewhat relevant to what goons are interested in watching.

In order to prevent the list from once again becoming a bloated mess listing every game ever, that doesn't reflect what people are actually interested in watching, requests will now only stay on the list for six months. If they haven't had a bite in that time, the assumption is going to be that there isn't interest in LPing it at that time, and it will be removed. That said, feel free to re-request any game that falls off the list, as that will at least show that there IS interest in an LP.

To also help prevent the list from becoming as bloated as it once was, it will not be accepting requests of previously LPed games without a valid reason. "It's old", is not a valid reason, because LPs do not expire. "I didn't like it", is also not a valid reason, because hahaha, really!? "The videos have been deleted", "the quality is poo poo", "the archived LP is screenshot, I want video", etc., etc.--those are valid reasons. That said, don't let that stop you from requesting it in the thread, as you still might get a bite; I just won't be adding it to the OP list.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Oh hey, I just checked the archive and noticed Persona 1 and Persona 2: Innocent Sin haven't been done yet. I wanna see why people say those games have lauded stories but I don't actually like playing either of them. I also want to see Mario and Luigi: Dream Team because I think it's one of the better M&L games, it's full of charm (past the constant tutorials) and has the best combat and bosses in the series. I'd do that one myself, but I don't have a 3DS capture device as of yet and it's really unlikely that I'm going to pony up for one anytime soon.

Fake edit: P2 is already on the list.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Oh I'm gonna put in a two-fold request, one-fold of which is ridiculous and I don't expect to see anything come of. I'd like to see a VLP of "The Evil Within," either a blind LP or a complete Akumu Mode run. For context, these are polar opposite requests, as Akumu Mode is a fancy name for 'One Hit Kills You' mode, in a game where it's already very easy to take damage. A Blind LP would be really entertaining because the game pulls some serious bullshit at times, but it's at least reasonable to attempt.
Please do not attempt to fill the request for Akumu Mode if you aren't 100% confident in yourself, I'm not trying to get charged with IIED right now.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Every request up to this point should be added. Let me know if there are omissions or mistakes.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
My request for WKC: Origins got purged accidentally.

Also there was an Armored Core series request that got purged that has an active LP currently running than should go back up there.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Thanks, added. I'm going to try and actually add the individual games rather than just "series" as a request, to be more specific.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Blind Sally posted:

UNFULFILLED REQUESTS:
[*]Shenmue II - VLP - 02/15

:kheldragar:

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
I'd made a request for somebody to do some of the Chinese bootleg NES games that have come out as a sort of general megathread, but I guess that's probably a bit too broad to show up in something like this.

I'd also like to request, since this never went up at ALL, that somebody LP The Dark Spire since we've already had some successful old-school first person dungeon crawl LPs, and I really wanna see somebody make their way through this one.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Dragomorph posted:

I'd made a request for somebody to do some of the Chinese bootleg NES games that have come out as a sort of general megathread, but I guess that's probably a bit too broad to show up in something like this.

I'll second this one.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
There is an ongiong Dead Rising 3 VLP on now by Frenzy the Killbot

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3676355

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I'd like to put in a request for a VLP of MadWorld. I think we'd have some fun with it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Skimming over the list, and found a few requests that are currently being done:
Cool Ghost is currently doing a SSLP of Final Fnatasy VIII
Sazero is currently doing a SSLP of Kartia: Word Of Fate
Tae just started an LP of Valkyria Chronicles 2

Also, Kingdom Hearts: Re-Coded is on the list. jayman52 is currently doing a VLP of the entire Kingdom Hearts series. It's currently up to KH2:FM HD, BBS:FMHD will be after that, followed by Re-Coded.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

UNFULFILLED REQUESTS:
[*]Fez 2
Gonna be waiting a real long time for that one to be filled.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Inferior posted:

Gonna be waiting a real long time for that one to be filled.

Someone could do an LP of Phil Fish's numerous twitter breakdowns

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

There's no way you could keep the whole band together for a playthrough of Shenmue 2. There were times in the first game where I wanted y'all to stop for your own sakes.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Requests updated.

Kheldarn posted:

Also, Kingdom Hearts: Re-Coded is on the list. jayman52 is currently doing a VLP of the entire Kingdom Hearts series. It's currently up to KH2:FM HD, BBS:FMHD will be after that, followed by Re-Coded.

Cool, I'll add it to the list once they actually get to Re:Coded.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Danaru posted:

I, without any hint of irony, want this done.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still want to see someone play through Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia just so I can feel better about not being the only one who bought and played through that entire piece of poo poo. :v:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Danaru posted:

Make an LP of this and entitle it "Let's Play Fez 2". It's like poetry.

RBA Starblade posted:

I still want to see someone play through Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia just so I can feel better about not being the only one who bought and played through that entire piece of poo poo. :v:

Added.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The Grinch has been done, mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
The request is for the NDS version. Which seems to be quite different, and is a side scrolling thing.

Edit: Or at least the one with that specific name.

• Locked thread