Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I hate people and like watching them suffer, so I'm going to suggest some poor soul play Bubsy on the SNES. Or the Genesis. Whichever one was worse. I suffered through the SNES one growing up, so that's what comes to min first for me, but either-or, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Blind Sally posted:

I'm going to suggest that you suffer by clicking this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmNdbdSCuC4

I love how it somehow manages to be worse than the Battletoads pilot.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I might take this one.

:neckbeard:

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

death .cab for qt posted:

Please, please, somebody do the King's Field series. I want to see how much if a dick it is, but I am terrible at the game and not getting any better.

Thirding this.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I'd kind of be amused to see someone do an LP of Gauntlet Dark Legacy. I think the Gamecube version had the most content, but I might be misremembering. Would probably work best for one of the LP groups like the Men Drinking Coffee or Pokecapn and his posse or whatever, since the game really does demand co-op.
Wasted too many hours with that poo poo as a kid.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Mraagvpeine posted:

I've found another series of games to request: the Tomb Raider series. This includes, but is not limited to: Tomb Raider III (PC/PSN), Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (PC/PSN), Tomb Raider Chronicles (PC/PSN), Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness (PC/PS2), and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PC/PS4/XBone).

Isn't Suspicious planning on getting to those? Or did he officially abandon his plan to LP all the PSX-era games?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Suspicious posted:

Yes, I abandoned for good. I tried a few times to keep going but the desire to LP just isn't there anymore. Good luck to whoever decides to pick up the series.

Ah. Sorry to hear, always enjoyed your stuff. Cheers, anyway.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Requesting Halo 4. I never played it, and having heard everything about it, never plan to. But I do have a sort of morbid interest in seeing it.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I'm still interested in the Kings Field games, and Madworld.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I'd still like to see Gauntlet Dark Legacy, although really that's something you'd need an LP group like the Men Drinkin' Coffee or the Tipping Forties or the Freelance Astronauts (Never Forget) to make it entertaining, I think.
Unless the game had a PC port I'm unaware of and netplay is a thing.

Seconding Timesplitters, also.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I know it's kind of controversial, and that's partly why I'm asking, but I think it might be neat to see an LP of Brutal Doom.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I find it hard to believe, but looking through the Master List, I found no LP of Warcraft 2. I could have sworn someone did one a few years back.
Either way, requesting it.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Ah, good to know I didn't hallucinate that.
Although I am reminded why I didn't read it at the time - I prefer video LPs for RTS games. So I guess adding the caveat to that request for a video format.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Hah, was it that bad? I played it back in the day, but I haven't touched it in well over a decade, and my memories of it have been largely supplanted by memories of Starcraft and Warcraft 3.
I guess maybe a hybrid or something? Or a VLP with lots of editing.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So I was looking through the masterlist, and speaking of somewhat controversial shootmans (I did bring up Brutal Doom) I noticed that there's no LP of Sin.
I remember hearing that, trashiness of its marketing and villainess aside, that game was actually pretty good but just came out at a bad time and couldn't compete, and was doomed to obscurity. Might be worth seeing an LP. Hell, I suppose the same is true of the episodic (lol) sequel since the only LP of that was quite some time ago.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Jade Star posted:

I got reminded of how awesome Mad World is, but it's on Wii. The only good game on Wii ever :( I don't have a wii so I'd love to see a skilled LP of it, and it'd have to keep all the wonderful greg proops /john dimagieo dialog in. Those guys are what i remember the most.

Yeah, I'd requested it a few times. Partly because I do want to see someone like Cheezum or some other skilled-at-platinum-games do it and see how much better than I they are, but also because I kind of am intrigued how someone would handle the challenge of the game since, you know, it kind of already has running commentary.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Are there any Goon LPs of Return to Castle Wolfenstein besides the old one by Kefkafloyd in the archives? If not, suppose requesting a new one. I haven't watched it, so not like there's anything wrong with it (or maybe there is?) but I don't much care for archive.org's video player and given the age of the LP and the recent success of the utterly brilliant Wolfenstein TNO/The Old Blood, I imagine a new LP could be worthwhile.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

LogicalFallacy posted:

There's a megathread here that will eventually include it. The chap doing it is going through the entire Doom family of games, including Wolfenstein, in order of release. He is currently on Doom 2, so it'll be a bit though.

edit: Dammit formatting fail.

Huh. I had seen that thread on the thread listings, but didn't think they'd be covering it. Nice. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Requesting an LP of Fable. Or, hell, the whole series, but kind of interested in seeing how well the first holds up without having to play all that again myself.

• Locked thread