Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Not sure about the list at the start, but it works pretty well if you read by the posts because people actually explain why what they're requesting is interesting and should be seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That's a lot of old RTS games there. It'd be pretty drat hard to make Gender Wars or KKND interesting without making it like three screenshots per mission.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Gonna second that because at least the first two Atlantis games are pretty good. A massive pain in the rear end to run on modern systems, too.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Oh drat. In that case, I'd like to politely request some brave, brave soul to do Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness which is a very interesting game... Just, y'know, pretty much unplayable.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Kind of. You hold a mouse button and draw a rune.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Screenshot LPs may require less of a technical setup but are a lot more work overall.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Gonna re-request Psi Ops because goddamnit that game deserves to be shown and abused.
Also Revenant was done and turned out a pretty great LP. Gunpoint was done too, but IIRC it was part of a megathread and I don't have the link handy right now.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Gabriel Knight 3 needs to be seen just for the fake mustache puzzle.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
This may be a difficult request: any good (semi-, experience with the first doesn't really matter) blind LPs of Dark Souls 2 SotFS out there? I just beat it for the first time myself and I'd love to see someone's reactions to the bullshit especially the DLC throws at you. At the same time, I don't think I have the patience for facecams, memes or complete bumbling around with zero editing. Both the SA LPs I've seen were far too... competent.
For example, I'm enjoying Yahtzee's video series but it seems to have gone on a hiatus. Something along the lines of that or what Geop did with DS1 would be ideal.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Oct 1, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Looks good so far. On one hand, she recorded it before the DLC, on the other, she apparently starts her first playthrough as the Deprived. That lady has balls.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Eh, Scholar is more or less the base game + the DLC, I think the only thing the edition added was the semi-secret other final boss, so it should work fine.
e: And again, disappointment was my impression too, so I think it'll be perfectly fine.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 1, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Meh, everyone knows Smough was the cool one anyway.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I know someone did a Neverhood/Skullmonkeys double feature here but can't for the life of me remember who and where.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

dscruffy1 posted:

It's weird, I know there was an LP of Gunpoint recently but I can't find it.
Bacter did it as part of the 2007 thread, I think.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
As amazing as Apotheon is, it's repetitive as gently caress and would require a lot of route planning and editing. Not saying it can't be done but boy, that'd be a lot of work.

Speaking of nigh-impossible LPs, did anyone ever try to do Space Rangers 2?

e: Actually, Slowbeef is doing a run of Axiom Verge on his youtube channel.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Oct 24, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to throw a request for Pathologic. It's been LP'd twice, yes, but there's two reasons I think it could handle another go: one, both the archived LPs suffer from a pretty bad case of narrativitis; I don't mind immersive LPs but it'd be nice to have one that keeps in mind the thing is a game (although one that despites you, hates you and does not want to be played) and exlains how it all works. Two, Pathologic got an HD rerelease about a month ago and I'm very curious how that turned out, especially with the promised new translation.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Considering those games are 90% reading, video is probably not a good idea. The best format would probably be screenshots with a lot of gifs and tindeck'd musical stings, but that's a metric fuckton of work.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Whale posted:

I'd like to request Shandalar, the magic: the gathering computer game
Not saying it couldn't use a new one, but it's been LP'd ages ago, just in case you didn't know.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jan 11, 2016

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It'd had to be a lot of editing, we're talking 30-60 minutes in chimpunk mode for later levels. The thing about Warcraft 2 is that it isn't dynamic. At all. You really only need to do something when you run out of resources, otherwise it encourages sitting in the base and building up an army that you can just rightclick in the enemy's general direction.
Warcraft 3 is positively action-packed compared to that and I still can't imagine the commentary on some missions.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, yeah, here's one. I'd love to see an LP of Gods Will Be Watching. It's an interesting take on adventure game where it's very possible to gently caress up and you have limited time and resources. The result is a game that's both very engaging and extremely frustrating to play; doing an LP would be a favor to gamerdom.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That's the sequel, I don't think anyone actually did SiN. Not that it's got much to offer apart from some historical curiousity (it did usable computer terminals in levels way before It Was Cool).

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I'll keep fighting to see Psi-Ops LP'd by someone who can use the Rube Goldberg potential to the fullest. Come on, people, it's a game about telekinetically throwing Havoc Physics at people and living through a storyline that was probably ghostwritten by someone who got fired from Capcom for being a hack. On drugs.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Zenithe posted:

I'm planning on going through this one after I've finished my current LP, which I should finish in a few days time.

Just a heads up, it will be very short, as 90% of this utterly ridiculous (and amazing) game is trial and error while failing spectacularly.
Great, looking forward to that one! I thought it was about figuring out the proper sequences of actions but, uh, never got quite that far. So I'd really like to see what comes after the second scene.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

I see Apotheon. I've played a bit, but it seems twitchy. It is also gorgeous. Would the masses prefer video, or screenshots?
You can't really do its amazingly wonky physics justice in screenshots. Nothing like hitting an enemy with a rock in order to catapult them into high orbit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

whitehelm posted:

I'd like to re-request the Tomb Raider games that are up for removal.
I'll second this - and especially for Angel of Darkness, that poo poo needs to be suffered through and evidenced for further generations.

• Locked thread