Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

what kind of loving idiot doesn't develop enthusiasm for one of the infinite opportunities available to you.

i forgot about the heels, bit tacky imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

what kind of loving idiot doesn't develop enthusiasm for one of the infinite opportunities available to you.

i forgot about the heels, bit tacky imo

he lives in a garbage heap, shopping is probably limited

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

There are very few cartoons I would not have sex with in the 90s

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
would

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Downtown was way better than Daria. Too bad it only got one season because it was p cool.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
lmao years after daria aired the same vacuous idiots who didn't get it back then have turned into older vacuous idiots who still don't get it :smug:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Prettz posted:

i would really like daria if i met her in real life

she'd be repulsed by you

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

to be fair so would most people

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Toriori posted:

Downtown was way better than Daria. Too bad it only got one season because it was p cool.

I told him I'm a vegan, I don't eat animal protiens

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

Ghostworld is basically Daria. She gets on the bus to nowheresville and Jane becomes Scarlett Johansson

This is now the canonical ending for me

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

mind the walrus posted:

Kind-of. They did start to show a lot more of the actual world outside of small-town suburban high school caricatures and heavily implied that Daria's place in it was going to be a lot smaller, more typical, and more maladjusted than she grew up believing, but they never really gave her a Peggy Hill-style dressing down which was sorely needed.

Wait, when did Peggy Hill get a Peggy Hill-style dressing down?

I must be remembering a different Daria from you guys because I remember the last season or so pretty much being a deconstruction of her cynical '90s attitude and her realizing that she is the problem just as much as anyone else.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

raditts posted:

I must be remembering a different Daria from you guys because I remember the last season or so pretty much being a deconstruction of her cynical '90s attitude and her realizing that she is the problem just as much as anyone else.

code:
season 2 episode 1 was about defending art against being changed by sell outs

season 2 episode 1 was therefore actually a preemptive comment on the inevitable sellout of daria
:qqsay:

(people literally said this lol)

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

ColoradoCleric posted:

I told him I'm a vegan, I don't eat animal protiens

If this is a quote from the show I do not remember it. This and Mission Hill were still better than Daria.

The Maxx also didn't age well, tried rewatching it, found it really dry.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

Beavis and Butthead were right.

Daria = Diarrhea.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Sierra Nevadan posted:

Beavis and Butthead were right.

Daria = Diarrhea.

hehehehe hehehehe hehehe diarrhea

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Toriori posted:

If this is a quote from the show I do not remember it. This and Mission Hill were still better than Daria.

The Maxx also didn't age well, tried rewatching it, found it really dry.

I picked up the Aeon Flux cartoon box set a few years back when they put out the lovely movie. Holds up pretty good imo, had all the shorts and full episodes on it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Come on that's a couples costume, you need the other one.

I have no idea who Daria is though.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Laughing Man posted:

I picked up the Aeon Flux cartoon box set a few years back when they put out the lovely movie. Holds up pretty good imo, had all the shorts and full episodes on it.

Yeah, I like to watch something when I go for long treadmill run, and I recently Rewatched aeon flux and it was still weird as hell but interesting.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

raditts posted:

Peggy Hill got shown up in many episodes when her arrogant posturing got her in over her head, but it was balanced by plenty of other episodes where she overcame those put-downs because Mike Judge was really soft on the KotH cast.

And yeah the last season of Daria is a lot harder on Daria, but she never really has that moment of catharsis. It's more that she very gradually realizes that she too is fallible and maladjusted and messed up and going to have to find her place in the big bad world like everyone else, and whether she likes it or not it means she's going to have to truly poo poo or get off the pot.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
this thread inspired me to gis daria cosplay and it's one of the best decisions ive ever made

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

she'd be repulsed by you
i doubt it

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Nefarious posted:

this thread inspired me to gis daria cosplay and it's one of the best decisions ive ever made
Easiest Halloween costume I've ever done.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Peggy Hill got shown up in many episodes when her arrogant posturing got her in over her head, but it was balanced by plenty of other episodes where she overcame those put-downs because Mike Judge was really soft on the KotH cast.

And yeah the last season of Daria is a lot harder on Daria, but she never really has that moment of catharsis. It's more that she very gradually realizes that she too is fallible and maladjusted and messed up and going to have to find her place in the big bad world like everyone else, and whether she likes it or not it means she's going to have to truly poo poo or get off the pot.

I never found peggy hill unlikable which seems like a serious character flaw (for me)

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

King Vidiot posted:

Come on that's a couples costume, you need the other one.

I have no idea who Daria is though.

She's a cartoon character from two 90's MTV shows.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Aesop Poprock posted:

I never found peggy hill unlikable which seems like a serious character flaw (for me)

You're probably really well-adjusted then because most people find Peggy Hill unlikable as she's an all-too-accurate reflection of their own egos.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

burritolingus posted:

She's a cartoon character from two 90's MTV shows.

Ahahaha no seriously... who's the other woman who's next to Katy Perry, in the Daria costume.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

Ahahaha no seriously... who's the other woman who's next to Katy Perry, in the Daria costume.

Katy Perry's buddy Shannon Woodward, who is perhaps best known for being on the TV show "Raising Hope"

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Diarrhea cha cha cha! Diarrhea cha cha cah!

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

It really sucks how they had to replace all the music in the DVD release because of copyright issues.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

more trent

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Trent sucked

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did girls actually wear those huge ugly Peggy Hill boots in the 90s?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Trent sucked

I'm genuinely surprised we never had a storyline where Trent was boning one of Quinn's friends and Daria saw in sharp relief just how skeevy a guy like Trent really is. I suppose there was limits to what even MTV could do in those days. Then again Undressed was also a show around the same time so :shrug:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

mind the walrus posted:

I'm genuinely surprised we never had a storyline where Trent was boning one of Quinn's friends and Daria saw in sharp relief just how skeevy a guy like Trent really is. I suppose there was limits to what even MTV could do in those days. Then again Undressed was also a show around the same time so :shrug:
how do you know trent was skeevy?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Trent sucked

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That kinda makes me like him a little bit.:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Prettz posted:

how do you know trent was skeevy?

He didn't do any of it on the show because it was a prime MTV show and was watched by little kids, including little me, but yeah dudes like Trent irl smoke loads of pot and gently caress high school girls.

• Locked thread