Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

but then i dont wanna stretch the holes out too much. butthole joke

a little stretching is good for the hole so it will fit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

i actually love ikea and i can afford to refurnish any room in the house on a whim for like 1/2 a week's paycheck. Sure it's paper garbage but goons who deride them have all wicker furniture from craigslist or still live at their folks'

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Ghaz posted:

yeah sounds like her ex was a lazy piece of poo poo who wouldn't help those in need

Whereas I never help those in need, but don't make up lame excuses. I'll just flat out tell them to gently caress off.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Pollyanna posted:

problem: i have no hole in my head

I'd give you an idiot proof guide on how to drill a hole in your head but from the sound of things you couldn't handle it and probably poop your pants

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ghaz posted:

i actually love ikea and i can afford to refurnish any room in the house on a whim for like 1/2 a week's paycheck. Sure it's paper garbage but goons who deride them have all wicker furniture from craigslist or still live at their folks'

My whole apartment is Ikea because it's cheap, and if it breaks, I can just go get a new one.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol if you as a man cant bore a larger hole or dont have tools

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.

Business Gorillas posted:

I'd give you an idiot proof guide on how to drill a hole in your head but from the sound of things you couldn't handle it and probably poop your pants

Perhaps you should lower your standards.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I loving dare a piece of furniture I buy to have small pilot holes. DOUBLE DARE! Power tools own all problems

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i have that same daybed and the instructions had a part where they clearly had the wrong number of slats and it was confusing

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Their furniture is retard simple to put together. It's simple drawings that even kids could follow.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
This thread is making me want to go to Ikea. Everyone can always use more bookshelves.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Malm is good

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ghaz posted:

i agree, its a god-send for college students and being 4 years out of grad school, probably 33% of our stuff is still ikea though we've been trying to invest in some actual nicer pieces that have actual mass to them. it also kinda sucks going into any persons under 33 house/apt and it looking pretty much the same "oh hey i have that rug, and that desk, and that lamp, and that bed, and pull out mirro, and that shoe rack, and that dresser, and that nightstand... oh wait i dont have those bedsheets, neat!"

also no reason to go to ikeahacker, just use an power drill & industrial glue everything and it'll solve like 99% of all problems with their stuff.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 20, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

If you fail at assembling the furniture, Ikea will send over some hot swedish blondes to help you out.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
without ikea sweden would be nothing but raging feminists.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
i honestly have more ikea dishware and cookware than shelves and beds and poo poo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Justin Godscock posted:

i honestly have more ikea dishware and cookware than shelves and beds and poo poo.

some of their cookware is nice (measuring cups, dish brush, etc), but actual cooking pans can't be good for you. the coating always seems to scrap off really easily and their way too thin and basically just putting food on a flame. gotta have some solid mass for cooking pans/pots to work well imo. that's definitely one area i think people should splurge and get a nice set that'll last em 20 years.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pollyanna posted:

this was not tested on children, this was tested on loving mensa assholes. i know children pretty drat well, i post on SA
wooden legoes makiegn me mad consarn it!!!!

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013

Step 1A will get you your man card back and you won't have to sleep on the floor.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i just wish the ikea furniture directions had writing. is that so much to ask? i follow written words better than pictures of whatever the hell that thing is

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

dont have one atm

If you're over 25 you're a helpless manchild. And your av reminds me of another worthless attention monger so maybe you deserve to sleep in a mound of straw OP

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Mr. Unlucky posted:

has someone made a joke yet about their funny words i only skimmed the thread so far

OP screw the fjalalrbehrine into the jforloeurjlennns

hehe

I got a chuckle out of this one

casual beep posted:

I just love horse meat anything horse is delicious

my favorite is horse SKARVTAG with PLOORF sauce

naem
May 29, 2011

If you ever find yourself and a serious girlfriend/significant other/transgendered-poly-otherkin-life-partner-boner-mutant shopping at an IKEA together make sure you guys are real solid first and have as big a budget as possible because nothing is worse than trying to choose between the very worst couch or the least comfortable quasi-bed and then not have a shelf budget.

The look in her/xhe/chai eyes as you blow your budget on an ok bed and then fumble with the couch cushion thing with no actual couch underneath, that folds out into sort of a chair shape, big mistake. Like be ready to buy two expensive top items and then just exactly as many brightly colored curtain things as possible, even if if you're a broke college student

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
IKEA is worse than walmart furniture, do they still not sell replacement parts? Ugly Trash.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

naem posted:

If you ever find yourself and a serious girlfriend/significant other/transgendered-poly-otherkin-life-partner-boner-mutant shopping at an IKEA together make sure you guys are real solid first and have as big a budget as possible because nothing is worse than trying to choose between the very worst couch or the least comfortable quasi-bed and then not have a shelf budget.

The look in her/xhe/chai eyes as you blow your budget on an ok bed and then fumble with the couch cushion thing with no actual couch underneath, that folds out into sort of a chair shape, big mistake. Like be ready to buy two expensive top items and then just exactly as many brightly colored curtain things as possible, even if if you're a broke college student

yeee or just go pick up cans for an hour in the park and return to get the modular shelf system of your dreams

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Prorat posted:

IKEA is worse than walmart furniture

drat this is blatantly untrue. of all the boxed-garbage-quality mdf-legos-for-poor-idiots furniture that you can acquire anywhere in the loving world, ikea is far and away the best.

are you straight trollin me or have you never actually sat at a desk + office chair from walmart b4

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Sometimes a narrow hole is good. But sometimes a wide hole is nice. It all depends on what tool you're using.

hth

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
I went to an Ikea once and got so competely lost in the store that I got scared and bought some meatballs then left and never came back. I'll stick to craigslist for my furniture needs, random strangers on the internet are easier to deal with.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Jesus Christ posted:

I went to an Ikea once and got so competely lost in the store that I got scared and bought some meatballs then left and never came back. I'll stick to craigslist for my furniture needs, random strangers on the internet are easier to deal with.

I just can't get enough bedbugs!

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I like Ikea stuff. It's obviously not the highest quality around but it's cheap and still looks pretty good. So far most of the stuff I bought have lasted a good while, my Malm bed frame is still holding up like a champ 10 years, 4 homes, and 2 mattresses later.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

loving goddamn brimnes daybed, get to step b7, cant screw the loving screws in, pilot holes are too small, checked google, everyone else has the same problem, guess im not sleeping in a loving bed tonight

gently caress you ikea

gently caress gbs, too

Why can't you drill out the pilot holes yourself?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

i am posting on the loving cheapest desk that ikea has and it has served me well, the cheapest ikea coffee table is right near me and I stand on it and play trad games on it on the reg, and my couch is not a cheap ikea couch at all it is instead an 800 dollar ikea couch and it is comfy as a motherfucker

all my dressers/nightstands are ikea too and I've had them for longer, they've been through three moves, and are relatively cheap too and are still together and functional, i like ikea they have been good for me at a good price

also if you can't assemble your ikea product you might be functionally disabled

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Ikea made the new billy incompatible with the old billy breaking 30+ years of backwards compatibility. gently caress you Ikea and your mystery horse meat balls.

Abdul Alhazred
Mar 15, 2007

Saga posted:

Why can't you drill out the pilot holes yourself?

this has been established, its because he's an idiot bitch baby who doesnt understand power tools

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

:eng101: Everything you buy at Ikea is helping line the pockets of a literal Nazi who managed to escape the 40s without getting picked up for it and he uses loopholes with his companies so that basically zero taxes are paid on anything they sell.

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 20, 2015

naem
May 29, 2011

Ghaz posted:

yeee or just go pick up cans for an hour in the park and return to get the modular shelf system of your dreams

Lol see here's what I mean:

deadwing posted:

and my couch is not a cheap ikea couch at all it is instead an 800 dollar ikea couch and it is comfy as a motherfucker

If you think you have a $1000 dollar budget for an ikea visit, plan on another $1000 or else you'll look cheap when you buy the nice couch and then a cheaper bed. Or instead of the $40 shelf there's the $300 dollar shelf system in a better color and then OOO look honey! Bumblebee curtains haha oh and these dishes! Oh and that other couple bought a rug, don't we need a rug? Oh not the $20 dollar one OOO look this ones only $429.95 on sale

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

:eng101: Everything you buy at Ikea is helping line the pockets of a literal Nazi who managed to escape the 40s without getting picked up for it and he uses loopholes with his companies so that basically zero taxes are paid on anything they sell.

Nazis invented rockets and jet engines and made all the best stuff. That sounds like an endorsement.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

naem posted:

Lol see here's what I mean:

If you think you have a $1000 dollar budget for an ikea visit, plan on another $1000 or else you'll look cheap when you buy the nice couch and then a cheaper bed. Or instead of the $40 shelf there's the $300 dollar shelf system in a better color and then OOO look honey! Bumblebee curtains haha oh and these dishes! Oh and that other couple bought a rug, don't we need a rug? Oh not the $20 dollar one OOO look this ones only $429.95 on sale

except whenever I go in IKEA I've got money to blow, we just bought what was functional for the amount of space we have :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

What? "meatballs"? Over here in Germany it says "Köttbollar" to stay with the Swedish theme. I guess Ikea in the US lowered its standards to accommodate people with an intellect so low they can't even assemble ikea furniture properly...

• Locked thread