Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
so my stupid roommate was cleaning a gun the other day and it went off and traveled through our wall, narrowly missing my head before going through another wall and missing my other friend by a couple feet while he was playing video games. the week before I mentioned to him that guns are more likely to kill a family member or a friend than an intruder, that would have been kinda funny if he shot me. well, not for me at least. should I try and shoot him as payback?

I was sleeping on the brown pillow, if my gf had been next to me she would be dead.

guns are bad and people who own them are dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Universe Master posted:

Your roomate cleans loaded guns.

Let that sink in for a minute.

well he says he thought it was empty. don't they always say that before someone gets shot in the face?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

OTOH it's sad that he didn't.

my tombstone would have read "shot in the head by a fat libertarian"

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

zanraptora posted:

Sounds like you need a new roommate; It's easy to blame the gun, but it's the exact same thought process that puts water on grease fires, mixes ammonia and bleach, and pulls the trigger on a gun to see if it's still loaded. On the other hand, you're quite the moron; The proper response is a good slap, not asking GBS if you should shoot your roommate.

Guns are dumb, that's why they need a less dumb partner to work. Your roommate is careless and inattentive; You are malicious and delusional. He could be better with some training... You'll always be a threat.

lol what is this poo poo. i'm not going to shoot my roommate, sadly he's also my best friend for almost 20 years. you'll always be a moron.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

lol tell me about it. maybe we could make a sitcom.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

zanraptora posted:

You also seem to be a impressive judge of character. Didn't you just admit if you had your lady-friend over, she'd be dead now?

I'll admit to being a moron as soon as you admit you escalated manslaughter to a GBS post and blamed a 8 gram bullet for your roommate's tons of stupid..

I blamed both the gun and my stupid friend for him almost shooting me, I think that's pretty fair. One can't work without the other.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Blazing Zero posted:

*almost dies in potential triple manslaughter*

hmmm. i think i should inform gbs

Ahem potential double manslaughter mind you, also it seems to be a slow night and I didn't have any other ideas

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Blazing Zero posted:

:doh: i forgot your girlfriend isn't real

She's real, she just wasn't there that night. Thankfully.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

mikerock posted:

which TFR poster is your roommate?

He refers to SA as my "liberal blogs" but he'd probably fit right in TFR. He also uses "libtard" unironically.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

drilldo squirt posted:

Did you call the cops? You should have.

He did but they didn't give a gently caress haha

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Dude you're posting way too seriously for this thread, no one cares

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

drilldo squirt posted:

You should have done it yourself you retard.

lol like I'm gonna call cops to my home.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

JB50 posted:

What kind of gun was it?

Rifle? Pistol? Make? Model?

I have no idea. A pistol, I really don't know a lot about guns.

dMastri posted:

What kind of beta are you letting this gun nut off with a casual laugh

He was really shook up and was crying and shaking so I figured that was punishment enough to know he almost killed his friend. He's not allowed to clean them in the house anymore. I was moving out when my lease is up after the summer anyway so until then I'm kinda stuck.

Free Cheese posted:

Wait what did the cops say

They didn't care since no one was injured.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Here's to hoping his aim improves? I dunno what you want me to say, OP

Thanks friend

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Saga posted:

Also, is he a professional drug dealer? Because why the hell else would you carry a loaded weapon or be storing your ammo with the gun so that exactly this poo poo could happen?

Pretty sure he had been to a range with our other friend he almost shot either that day or a few days prior, hence it being loaded and needing cleaning?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jastiger posted:

What state/region is this in? THis is important.

I'm in the south jastiger!!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
He has firearms training and has been around guns his whole life. He buys and sells them so you'd think he would do a little better and not do something this dumb. I'm just glad no one got hurt, it could have been a lot worse.

He is seeing a girl who casually drops the N-word in conversations with strangers so you can get an image of what his personal views are about things.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

Do you mean he is selling guns out of your home then because I think the bigger issue to be worried about isn't whether he is allowed to be law but whether you want a bunch of potential gun nuts to know where you live.

No he buys sells and trades and keeps them at his folks house mainly. I think he has a couple pistols here and some muskets from his civil war reenacting. He's a character I could probably make a whole different thread about him.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mange Mite posted:

does he have a real job

You might be able to report him ad an unlicensed dealer depending on how much business he does

he works 20 hours a week and lives mainly off mommy and daddy. His first real job was at age 30. He's a real winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

ZombieParts posted:

this can't be real.

nobody can be this nonchalant about almost being shot in the head

Weed helps!

Anyway he's already said he won't have them out anymore in the house, has moved most of them to another location, and I'm moving out in a few months. I guess I could sperg out more and beat him up or kick him out but that's not my personality. Maybe if I was staying longer I would do things different.

• Locked thread