Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
but if you're one of those people who put it on everything and can't stop jacking off over it, maybe you should try to not eat food that's bland as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Most food white people eat is bland, it's just their culture.

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.

Hobohemian posted:

Most food white people eat is bland, it's just their culture.

Beg your pardon Mcdonalds has a lot of flavour

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Your Rain posted:

Beg your pardon Mcdonalds has a lot of flavour

It's spelt flavor you loving retard.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I like sriacha sometimes. I keep a bottle in my fridge. I also keep other condiments in there too.

Mustard, Olive Oil Mayo, Sambaal, Pickled Chilies, another kind of mustard.

gently caress ketchup.

:colbert:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
stfu about what sauce you on poo poo

oh yes i use mayonnaise on everything let me buy a loving mayonnaise shirt because my only identifying feature is what i consume

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

but if you're one of those people who put it on everything and can't stop jacking off over it, maybe you should try to not eat food that's bland as gently caress.

Yep.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

Broenheim posted:

my only identifying feature is what i consume
hopefully after people realize this, they continue that train of thought into "my only identifying feature shouldn't be my race" and internet arguments are gone forever

Jaur
Jun 5, 2005

uguu~
i got a big bottle of it from costco, id never had it before and i saw lots of retards raving about it on the web. its not that great, but now i have to eat it all the time so i dont have like half a liter of expired sauce. life is agony

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Jaur posted:

i got a big bottle of it from costco, id never had it before and i saw lots of retards raving about it on the web. its not that great, but now i have to eat it all the time so i dont have like half a liter of expired sauce. life is agony

It ages pretty well.

Mine is 9 months old and it tastes pretty good.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

oh okay so you should not put sauces on food. what a fascinating point, op

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
it's made from chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt. that's it

not surprising it works p. well on everything

ninotoreS fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 3, 2015

Jaur
Jun 5, 2005

uguu~

ninotoreS posted:

so did the OP just call Thai food 'bland'?

if youre eating food that has lots of good flavor, you shouldnt put sriracha on it. thats like dipping a good burger into ketchup or something.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
It's good on pizza imo. Haven't used it on much else, maybe stuff with rice I guess.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
yea i don't think much thai food uses sriracha sauce

vietnamese pho needs some sriracha and hoisin tho

i got a small jar of the stuff that looks like sambal oelek but is actually called "chili garlic paste" and it's fuckin' awesome. used it as a dipping sauce for some grilled flank steak last night, and with scrambled eggs this morning.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Jaur posted:

if youre eating food that has lots of good flavor, you shouldnt put sriracha on it. thats like dipping a good burger into ketchup or something.

it's like you don't understand hot sauce aficionados at all

that's okay, i don't either

ashgromnies posted:

yea i don't think much thai food uses sriracha sauce

it literally comes from Thailand tho

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
I mostly like 'racha for the convenient squeeze bottle. If more hot sauces had convenient squeeze bottles I would consider them, as well.

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards
Sriracha has its place and its Vietnamese food

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

casual beep posted:

Sriracha has its place and its Vietnamese food

ninotoreS posted:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

sriracha is good on scrambled eggs, but i think cholula will always be the hot sauce of my bland dinner heart

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

ninotoreS posted:

it's like you don't understand hot sauce aficionados at all

that's okay, i don't either

If you're taking about the famous one, with the rooster on the bottle, it actually comes from California

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

The punchline is sri-gotcha

can't be bothered to think of the rest rn

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I want to murder sriracha beard guy gently caress him and his stupid face

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
I bet you put it in your caramel macchiato

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

does anyone actually do this or are we just chasing some imaginary internet boogeyman here

goons seem really upset about this sriracha i just want to make sure they're not worrying themselves over nothing

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

could you imagine if someone made a sriracha or hipster/carmel macchiato thread and no one responded to it? could you imagine a world like that?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
It's good on Asian food and things that can handle a bit of sweetness. Don't put it on Mexican food. Sriracha on a taco is gross.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

could you imagine if we could look inside the fridges of all these goons who claim to have "mature" palates and every single one of them has heinz ketchup? could you imagine?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

ZombieJesus posted:

If you're taking about the famous one, with the rooster on the bottle, it actually comes from California

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

sriracha is good on some stuff but has too much garlic for others.

I like garlic, but it's not always a good thing :can:

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot
equating mildly spicy food with your masculinity is probably the whitest thing you can do and whenever someone does it i feel this strange sad vicarious embarrassment for them

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

this comic makes me sick

how can someone be stupid enough to like it

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

sriracha on sushi? :catstare:

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

A misanthrope posted:

does anyone actually do this or are we just chasing some imaginary internet boogeyman here

goons seem really upset about this sriracha i just want to make sure they're not worrying themselves over nothing

some moron at work hides a bottle in her locker because she's afraid everyone else is going to eat all of it (someone probably would because all they eat is easy mac and other similar garbage)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Morkies posted:

this comic makes me sick

how can someone be stupid enough to like it

this comic is the whole reason goons keep posting threads about how terrible it is sriracha has become a meme and how that means they can't eat it anymore for some reason

its just a comic guys it didn't kill your parents

its just a sauce guys it didnt gently caress yo granny

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot
"and if i accidentally apply too much siracha, i simply power through the pain and build my tolerance"

if you can relate to this you are a massive walking vagina

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

A misanthrope posted:

this comic is the whole reason goons keep posting threads about how terrible it is sriracha has become a meme and how that means they can't eat it anymore for some reason

its just a comic guys it didn't kill your parents

its just a sauce guys it didnt gently caress yo granny

the real cool internet person thing to do is just keep eating siracha just like you did before and not make a big deal about it actually

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

why is gbs so obsessed with condiments? i'm glad you're not making daily "ketchup is for children" threads anymore but this is just as bad

Morkies posted:

the real cool internet person thing to do is just keep eating siracha just like you did before and not make a big deal about it actually

:agreed:

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

ZombieJesus posted:

i'm talking about it being invented in Thailand, in a place called Si Racha

seriously i'm the only one that knows this?

edit: googled it http://www.bonappetit.com/trends/article/the-original-sriracha, hope this helps

ninotoreS fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot
basically i have unending contempt for people who can only define themselves by their comically banal consumption habits and ive found that making fun of them actually sometimes makes them stop

• Locked thread