Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
You had learn to put meat over a fire? Was it a night class or did you bang that one out over a few weekends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

psyopmonkey posted:

I want a blow torch.

:smith:

They cost like $25 at home depot. That's not an insurmountable cost barrier.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

hemophilia posted:

making creamy potatoes is a matter of getting the milk/potato/butter ratio right it's super fuckin' easy, the pain in the rear end part is there's so many loving steps to prepping mashed potatoes. Hand peeling and hand cutting potatoes for 2, 3, 4 people and making extra for the assholes who pile it on their plate. you will spend more effort getting that poo poo ready than you will on the entire rest of the meal.

So never make your own. buy instant potatoes and be done with it.

You must peel potatoes slow as gently caress because it takes almost no effort to dice potatoes into cubes and boil them.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Under the vegetable posted:

well, you get less of one.

Coals get much hotter than your stove. If anything it's actually easier. Do you even know how it works?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
There was a Japanese guy that had his wang cut off and then charged money to people so they could eat it.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

ashgromnies posted:

much like steak you can grill pizza

I've never tried that. Is it good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Zeno-25 posted:

I have tried to find whatever old episode of Good Eats that shows how to use a charcoal chimney to sear a steak like a cheap salamander. Since I can't find it here's what you need to do:

get 2-4 mason bricks and lay a grill grate on top of them

Get an extra-large diameter charcoal chimney starter, you will need the extra diameter to cook real steaks

Get real lump charcoal and fill that whole thing up. Light it up while on the grill grate and let it burn 5-10 minutes until it's glowing hot. Real lump charcoal burns hotter

Give it a good shake to get rid of any ash from the smaller pieces. You don't want that ash poo poo falling on your steak

Put the steak inside of the bottom of the charcoal chimney, even thought the steak is under all of the coals they are so loving hot it's like a salamander

2-3 minutes per side

Best ribeye ever

Here is a similar method as well as a shitton of other grilling facts: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/extreme_steak.html

• Locked thread