Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SD-455
May 15, 2009

by Lowtax

Bruce Kison posted:

margaret cho

Her and Bill Hicks are the worst. They never even tell jokes, just lecture the audience and talk about politics that nobody gives a poo poo about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

HoboZero posted:

I get unreasonably annoyed even seeing the cover of the Gabriel Iglesias popcorn box special thing come up in Netflix

congratulations you're cured

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
I'm not sure how dudes like Carlin or Izzard are getting lumped in with utter poo poo like Mencia and the fat dude, because that should not be happening goons, holy poo poo.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
george carlin actually did some real comedy bits before he went fullbore into rear end in a top hat uncle mode.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I watched Rob Schneider's standup act and genuinely tried to enjoy it.

At the end, I couldn't recall a single funny thing in the entire show. That'd be like going to a buffet, stuffing yourself for an hour and then not being able to remember if you ate as you walked out the door.

Even the worst comics usually have one or two decent jokes but all I could remember was that Schneider had a Mexican wife.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

TEAYCHES posted:

he was better when he was a pathetic suicidal failure but now that hes found success he is truly loving awful

His show is pretty funny when he's just making GBS threads all over himself

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
oooo, jim gaffigan. gently caress that guy. *stupid voice* I'm fat and ignorant and hold the microphone too close to my mouth *long rumbly exhale*

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Are we sure this isn't some kind of Tim and Eric thing?

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Dane Cook and Chris Rock because they steal other peoples' jokes and then retell them in an unfunny way.

But most standup kind of sucks. Favorite standup comedian is probably Eddie Murphy back in his prime. His "what have you done for me lately?" routine is basically all women in a nutshell.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 10, 2015

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Dennis Leary can go eat a dick

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

brokenknee posted:

Dennis Leary can go eat a dick

The cockles of a dick too??!?!!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

HoboZero posted:

I get unreasonably annoyed even seeing the cover of the Gabriel Iglesias popcorn box special thing come up in Netflix

I thought I was the only one.

Also, Stephen Baldwin? Ugh, that has to be horrible; dude's almost as preachy as Kirk Cameron.

Edit: anyone who complains about Eddie Izzard should be shot.

Edit 2: :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 10, 2015

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Dan Cummins is the worst ever.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
loving no one has said Russel Peters? Unfunny poo poo in an Indian accent is apprently the funniest ever to some people.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Seconding Margaret Cho because her entire act is bad impressions of her mother. Also seconding Nick DiPaolo because he's one of those dickheads who lashes out at the audience when he bombs, because I guess it's their fault that he's not funny.

Bill Engvall is still worse than both of them, though.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I thought I was the only one.

Also, Stephen Baldwin? Ugh, that has to be horrible; dude's almost as preachy as Kirk Cameron.

That flyer is for the Creation Museum so they are his target demo.

How does Kathy Griffen keep getting specials?

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Was bill hicks a comedian?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I'm pretty picky on comedians I like but for some reason I find norm mcdonald funny based on his voice and mannerisms alone. he could tell a "why'd the chicken cross the road" joke and i'd still find it humorous

he's a walking breathing joke that is worth laughing at imo

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Robokomodo posted:

Was bill hicks a comedian?

Bill Hicks wasn't as pure a standup as Carlin or whatever but he was obviously very good and hating on Bill Hicks is really dumb.

Dead Gay Romans posted:

I'm not sure how dudes like Carlin or Izzard are getting lumped in with utter poo poo like Mencia and the fat dude, because that should not be happening goons, holy poo poo.

Agree with this post

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Bo Burnham, Louis CK, and Jeff Dunham.

Special Kool Kidz Prize goes to Tyler V. (kid comedian)

Fusilli Jerry
Dec 13, 2013

ASSMAN
bob fagot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HW4mPZmKPM

..actually i really enjoy this

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Carlin did stand up for more than 20 years before he became angry political man but that's all anyone remembers him for because everything else is just him thinking up goofy poo poo and it's dated.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Million Ghosts posted:

loving no one has said Russel Peters? Unfunny poo poo in an Indian accent is apprently the funniest ever to some people.

His act seems to have devolved to yelling in an indian accent and hating asian people a whole lot.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
speaking of Russells, I want to hit Russell Brand in the face a lot. Make him eat his own grody beard like the man on the news.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Improbable Lobster posted:

His act seems to have devolved to yelling in an indian accent and hating asian people a whole lot.

He's British though right? Because that's basically par for the course for anyone from that island.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Sheep-Goats posted:

He's British though right? Because that's basically par for the course for anyone from that island.

He's Canadian actually.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Eastern Canadian, the worst kind.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I feel my soul slowly vaporizing when I see Larry the Cable Guy on TV. It's not even the bad jokes, the persona is horrible. It's the closest white people have to their own Stephin Fetchit.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Million Ghosts posted:

We're all pretty terrible to be honest. Coast to coast to coast.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
Any comedians that are way too political, doesn't matter which side they're on. The conservative ones are generally far more embarrassing though. Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUdco-_bBeI

I generally don't like the obnoxious fat guy act but I kind of like Gabriel Iglesias :( He does really cute voices and he's lost 100 pounds as of the Fluffy Movie.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The B_36 posted:

We're all pretty terrible to be honest. Coast to coast to coast.

Well you what to do about that, don't you?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Egbert Souse posted:

I feel my soul slowly vaporizing when I see Larry the Cable Guy on TV. It's not even the bad jokes, the persona is horrible. It's the closest white people have to their own Stephin Fetchit.

I saw larry the cable guy brand ribs at the supermarket last week. It was...confusing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Million Ghosts posted:

You're the worst! :argh:

Russell Peters is great for one special, then you've seen everything he's ever done. Actually, just check out the Tap Sum Bong thing on YouTube and there you go.

Or don't. I don't care.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Hobohemian posted:

I saw larry the cable guy brand ribs at the supermarket last week. It was...confusing.

It is ironic how he hawks heartburn medication, weight loss meal plans, and unhealthy boxed Southern food items.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

I generally don't like the obnoxious fat guy act but I kind of like Gabriel Iglesias :( He does really cute voices and he's lost 100 pounds as of the Fluffy Movie.
It's because, despite the marketing, he does jokes that aren't just about being fat.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

Well you what to do about that, don't you?

Kill myself? Or everyone around me? Or both?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The B_36 posted:

Kill myself? Or everyone around me? Or both?

Live up to the stereotype and apologize you polite, reticent fool!

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Egbert Souse posted:

It is ironic how he hawks heartburn medication, weight loss meal plans, and unhealthy boxed Southern food items.

Part of the battle against obesity in the South is convincing men that weight loss is not just for women and fags

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You're the worst! :argh:

Russell Peters is great for one special, then you've seen everything he's ever done. Actually, just check out the Tap Sum Bong thing on YouTube and there you go.

Or don't. I don't care.

Tap Sum Bong is really way more Korean than Chinese, I don't believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

holy poo poo this is somehow more racist, unfunny and homophobic than the purposefully unfunny racist, homophobic mde i watched because of that other thread. how the gently caress is this a real successful comedian

edit: every single related video is about her mom, being gay or a racial stereotype

edit: somehow this video is literally driving me to drink i dont understand whats happening gently caress evertyhing

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 11, 2015

• Locked thread