Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I'm not very happy. My glasses keep getting all fogged and lovely and covered in this sweat, especially around the edges where they are close to my face. Someone tell the loving sun to chill because I cleaned these fuckers 15 minutes ago and I can hardly loving see now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
The Horniest Manticore easily claims the first post.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Wear contacts - they are vastly superior to glasses.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
how do you clean the blood off

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
my glasses always seem half empty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Horniest Manticore posted:

this guy edited his post after typing nonsense to claim the first post meanign he assumed someone was racing to claim it before him, lame imo

ManSauceGuzzlr
Jul 18, 2004

"That man...I'm...fascinated by him. That look...his whole look. It's hypnotic."

Putty posted:

this guy edited his post after typing nonsense to claim the first post meanign he assumed someone was racing to claim it before him, lame imo

you are that someone arent you

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Lol if you try to First a white noise poo poo post thread

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

ManSauceGuzzlr posted:

you are that someone arent you

you son of a bitch

Hashtag GBS
May 10, 2015

by Lowtax
glassses dont matter live life blind trust me

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Please seriously consider laser surgery or implantable contact lenses. You will have no regrets.

e: And then after you get it you can wear novelty contact lenses - glow in the dark, marijuana leaf, british flag. Super cool stuff like that.

Bethamphetamine fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 10, 2015

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
my glasses got warped out of shape and they don't really sit right so im constantly fiddling with them

thanks for reading my glasses update

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Do It Once Right posted:

Please seriously consider laser surgery or implantable contact lenses. You will have no regrets.

My mother got laser surgery and after a short time her eyes went back to their lovely self. Plus I like my thick rimmed black hipster glasses.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Lol if you wear glasses, nerd.

What's it like having a disability?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

My mother got laser surgery and after a short time her eyes went back to their lovely self. Plus I like my thick rimmed black hipster glasses.

Because laser surgery is poo poo compared to implantable contact lenses for astigmatism (which is reversable and can be updated later, and does way less damage to your eyes than lasik).

After you're done, you can still keep your glasses, too - just replace their lenses with flat glass - the ultimate hipster fashion cred.

gently caress, after I got my surgery I didn't for a second consider mothballing my TAG Heuer frames. That poo poo is a sexy fashion accessory.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Hire a window cleaner :downsrim:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Do It Once Right posted:

Because laser surgery is poo poo compared to implantable contact lenses for astigmatism (which is reversable and can be updated later, and does way less damage to your eyes than lasik).

After you're done, you can still keep your glasses, too - just replace their lenses with flat glass - the ultimate hipster fashion cred.

gently caress, after I got my surgery I didn't for a second consider mothballing my TAG Heuer frames. That poo poo is a sexy fashion accessory.

Isn't replacing lenses like for cataracts a good way to get glaucoma from idiot doctors

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

ICL's are placed in front of your natural lens. It's not like cataract surgery where your (hosed up) natural lens is removed and replaced with an artificial lens.

(Actually, it's functionally identical to cataract surgery except nothing from your eye is removed. It's a simple, well-practiced surgery. The only reason it's recently picked up in popularity is because the FDA finally, mercifully approved ICL's for astigmatism. And all my extremely nearsighted brothers and sisters who were never good candidates for LASIK can now finally have some relief from being indefinitely perma-blind)

e:
Seriously, first (first-ish) poo poo I did after my surgery was scuba diving and swimming in the caribbean. I hadn't been able to open my eyes underwater and see poo poo since I was 12 years old.

Bethamphetamine fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 11, 2015

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
FOUR EYES

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Horniest Manticore posted:

edits ain't easy my man(ticore)

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Therefore, glasses make you gay

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Do It Once Right posted:

Yeah, it's not like operations ever go wrong.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I've had glasses for most of my life, since i was 2 or 3 years old. They're an inseparable part ofmy body image so gently caress contacts and surgery

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

not a single shovel joke or anything thus far itt

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Contacts are vastly better, unless you're some kind of hypersensitive baby-person who just can't manage to stick your finger in your eye a couple of times a day.

Sack up, quit being a mamby-pamby, and better eyesight can be yours.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Ive been wearing contacts and glasses my whole life ive never considered lasik or one of the semi permanent operations you can have.. I guess maybe it would save some money in the long run but otherwise i dont really care to bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
Class struggle should concern everyone.

• Locked thread