Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Chantilly Say posted:

Spinoff thread: two brothers tool around the Beast in a black Impala big black riding-servitor investigating mysteries and fighting demons. Later seasons also starring their awkward Eldar pal!

Well now i just have to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X_2IdybTV0&index=1&list=PLnaO23ChFiTsh8WJxYgtsgcr9D94j4PoV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKCdOlfTLC0

Because I have a serious writing addiction and need help, this is my third CYOA. I’m not taking this one in any way seriously, this is fanfiction of my own fanfiction (Dark Heresy), as well as a crossover spoof of Supernatural. We will be on the Beast, around the time Ohone is there. Maybe after Arc 2, I dunno. This thread will mostly assume you are somewhat familiar with my main arc and have watched a few episodes of Supernatural.

Our choice of characters:

Dhean Winchester. Not formally educated, good scrapper, bit of a hedonist.

Saim Winchester. Formally educated, less eager to fight, but more knowledgeable.

Whoever you don’t choose will be your buddy cop for this thread.

Your ride. Except, you know, a riding servitor. and in 40k. Add some skulls and legs and stuff I guess.

Who are we playing?

A. Dhean.
B. Saim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I think Dhean is much, much cooler but Saim seems like he could have some psyker potential down the line so I'm saying B

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

SerSpook posted:

I think Dhean is much, much cooler but Saim seems like he could have some psyker potential down the line so I'm saying B

B. Let's do terrible things in the course of trying to save the Imperium at the end of every arc.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
B. definitely b.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I've got to stick with A, Dhean looks like he's enjoys a grox burger and a beer once in a while but can beat some serious face.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
A okay we can not be a talky character this time

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
There's no smilie that captures how warmed I am by my dumb joke inspiring a new thread.

We spend lots of time doing sneaky smart nasty things for the Imperium / ourselves in the main thread. Let's leave that to someone else this time!

Dhean

To-Do list:
1. Punch cultists
2. Find Meat-Beast burgers
3. Rev engine

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

If we do play as Dhean, we're going to have to learn so much about servitor maintenance and rebuilding that the magos biologis will take an unhealthy interest in our doings.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

B I like his hair better.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Way to live up to your avatar. B

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

A little record digging shows that the servitor's former name was Chevy Black, who was impaled for his crimes, kept conscious and alive while being made into the first of his series of racing servitor. This is reflected in his designation by the acolytes of Mars: BLK-CHVY-IMPAL-67A

Whaddya mean we're not playing Paranoia?

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 14, 2015

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

HiHo ChiRho posted:

You do make a good point re:hair. B

(Mostly for psyker potential, though the hair does help.)

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Voted A because riding around killing xenos, getting ladies, and eating grease balls and pies is the best kind of 40k.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
A

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Who are we playing?

A. Dhean.
B. Saim.
C. The ride. Except, you know, a riding servitor. and in 40k. Add some skulls and legs and stuff I guess.

The two guys riding us are boneheaded retards, the only way they solve anything is by our interference and occasional remark that puts them on the right trail.

Whatever choice wins I'm calling it that The Ride is a secret daemonhost that got turned into a servitor and is now trapped.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 14, 2015

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The Ride is literally the most important vehicle ever made. If any type.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
I reckon it's gotta be Dhean. Saim has greater potential for horrible shenanigans as the non-viewpoint character...

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Oh hey I loved this show, who will I vote for-

Outrail posted:

Who are we playing?

A. Dhean.
B. Saim.
C. The ride. Except, you know, a riding servitor. and in 40k. Add some skulls and legs and stuff I guess.

The two guys riding us are boneheaded retards, the only way they solve anything is by our interference and occasional remark that puts them on the right trail.

Whatever choice wins I'm calling it that The Ride is a secret daemonhost that got turned into a servitor and is now trapped.

Yessssssss

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

By my count we are at

A) Dhean xxxxx, xxx
B) Saim xxxxx, xx
C) The Ride xx

Dhean is ahead by one, so we're not quite at a consensus yet :D

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I would be okay with swapping my vote to The Ride if others are on board with it.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

I didn't realize The Ride was an option. Now that i know it is, I have to vote for the car.

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
We are the Ride because who seriously wouldnt want to be a sentient riding servitor?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Changing my vote from Saim to The Ride.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Changing my vote form B to C.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Voting for The Ride

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Let's be the car.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The ride. The third brother.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Changing my vote the the car.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
You brought this upon yourself: c, the ride.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

C beep beep were gonna be a jeep

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm sorry Lowell, I shouldn't have said anything.

I think seeing something like this from Kit The Ride's tortured perspective could be cool.

edit: Are Dhean and Saim greycloaks or dregs? Either way I'm excited.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 15, 2015

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Somebody who's not on a phone should go track down a YouTube clip of that bit where Chuck's narrating about The Impala.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

the earth was formless and empty, and darkness was over the surface of the deep

You were bound in darkness, and darkness was bound to you. You could not remember what came before - what act or crime could be so heinous, that you bound to this twisted and mutilated form. You couldn’t remember your past life. You only remember the Master’s face, staring down at you unsympathetically.

“You have failed enough.” He said. “Time for your life to be put to some real purpose.”

That was how your life began.

What came next was difficult to remember - perhaps you did not want to remember. It came in flashes, in dreams and whispers, in screams you thought you were own. Sometimes you woke with them, and the only sound was the rumble of the engine that had replaced your lungs. Sometimes, in the idleness of waiting, you remembered the sound of the drills, the cutting implements, the bone saws that opened your rib cage.

You remember when they took out your heart, and replaced it with something more in their liking.

For some inscrutable purpose of his own, the Master left your brain whole. Most servitors were turned into vegetables, managed by their Machine-Spirits. You had no machine spirit - the only gaps in your memory, in your personality, was from the trauma he had put you through. Your limbs were removed, and replaced, your back reformed for the carrying of your betters.

Before the long darkness, before the fall of the Imperium, you were here.

And this was how you came to the ship known as the Beast.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

We did it, everyone. We brought this upon ourselves.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Anticheese posted:

We did it, everyone. We brought this upon ourselves.

I'm so proud.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
In the grim dark future of humanity, there is only servitude.

LowellDND posted:

Before the long darkness, before the fall of the Imperium, you were here.

Are you saying we're an ancient piece of arcotech?

I've been thinking how awesome it would be to have a servitor CYOA. Sweet.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Outrail posted:

Are you saying we're an ancient piece of arcotech?

I've been thinking how awesome it would be to have a servitor CYOA. Sweet.

Sup, :roboluv: buddy.

Since The Ride was made in the 1960s, and the WH40K setting was made in 1987, it makes sense that we're older than the Imperium! :haw:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I vote we run down our drivers and attempt to make contact with the Darkness in the Beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
I vote we start honking immediately.

• Locked thread