Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I feel like I could be using olive oil or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
toss some ham on it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
how the gently caress are we supposed to answer that if you don't tell us how you make grilled cheese?

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 21, 2015

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
try different cheeses. stop using that velveeta bullshit

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

how the gently caress are we supposed to answer that if you don't tell us how you make grilled cheese?

ops a loving idiot

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Grill it on an actual grill, like with coals and poo poo.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Add lots of bacon, eggs, and a few pieces of salami. Then cook some corn beef hash and put it on the side. Congrats on your breakfast.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Use real cheese instead of kraft singles.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Moridin920 posted:

I put some butter in a pan, put two slices of American cheese between some white bread, and cook the grilled cheese. Push it down with a spatula, turn it over occasionally.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Volcott posted:

I put some butter in a pan, put two slices of American cheese between some white bread, and cook the grilled cheese. Push it down with a spatula, turn it over occasionally.

Please repost in GWS, they'll be able to give you better answers there.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

make your grilled cheese with the broiler. butter some bread toast one side then toast the other side with butter then apply cheese let it melt and put it together.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
use mayo instead of butter

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
:ortiz:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
get a sandwich press grill thing, I don't know, my wife bought one and it owns.

adding lots of olive oil will jack up your calorie count, but does make it extra delicious. More oil is more deliciousness.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
And a third slice of bread and two more slices of cheese. The middle slice won't be toasted but whatever people are still going to inflict hate and suffering upon each other.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
A little lime and cilantro will give it a "latin" kick!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

And a third slice of bread and two more slices of cheese. The middle slice won't be toasted but whatever people are still going to inflict hate and suffering upon each other.

the middle slice could be toasted if you made your grilled cheese in the broiler like i've been trying to tell you this whole time!

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Otto von Ruthless posted:

:stonk:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
if youre feeling really while you can also substitute the bread for a "tortilla" for an additional "latin" kick!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sweet Tea posted:

make your grilled cheese with the broiler. butter some bread toast one side then toast the other side with butter then apply cheese let it melt and put it together.

what the gently caress

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Sweet Tea posted:

the middle slice could be toasted if you made your grilled cheese in the broiler like i've been trying to tell you this whole time!

I don't own a broiler and if you don't stop sending me cooking tips I'm getting a restraining order!

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
i would just take the stairs but if you are obese or afraid you will drop the plate you can also take an elevator

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
- call it a fag

- while it is piping hot, stick your dick into the hot melty cheese and keep it there until it doesn't feel warm anymore.

or just use gouda and add some basil. That poo poo is top tier

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I don't own a broiler and if you don't stop sending me cooking tips I'm getting a restraining order!

if you don't add your milk to your bechamel in thirds it's gonna turn out bad!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Sweet Tea posted:

if you don't add your milk to your bechamel in thirds it's gonna turn out bad!

LEAVE ME ALONE!!

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
for pan frying bread margarine is way better than butter or some kind of liquid oil

this is a good way to catch people who pretend to have good taste by just saying to use expensive ingredients. anyone turning their nose up at margarine for the purposes of grilled cheese is 100% fronting and objectively wrong

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
^^ pff

Volcott posted:

aight here's how the restaurant I worked at made it:

we made garlic shallot butter. if you don't want to do all that it's understandable but use a good butter.

take some ciabatta. slice the top and the bottom off, then cut in half. You should have two slices of bread that are crust free on the top and bottom (just like a regular piece of sliced sandwich bread). Apply butter (i would be fairly liberal but don't slather it on either).

We used a flat top but a pan will work just as well; put both pieces of bread butter down in a pan. Put cheese on both pieces. We used gruyere but you can use whatever obviously. When the bread is starting to get a nice golden brown, take that poo poo off the heat. At this point the cheese should be kiiinda melty just from the heat of the pan and the bread under it but not really melted yet. If you want now would be a great time to put some bacon and/or tomato on that sucker.

Take both pieces of bread and put them together to make your sandwhich. Pop it into the oven at like ~350 until the cheese is nice and melted all the way through and you're done.

Nice and toasty on the top and the bottom, the cheese is hot and melty all the way through (a lot of people end up with a grilled cheese that is melted on the edges and not in the middle which is gross), and it's easy. Less effort even than 'turn it over occasionally' because you don't need to be flipping anything constantly - just check the bread to make sure it toasts to a good point. With some experience you won't even need to look anymore, you'll just be able to go 'hmm at that heat and with that much time it should be perfect by now.'

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 21, 2015

Voted Alligator
Apr 13, 2005
shpoods

Otto von Ruthless posted:

this is really good

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

heirloom tomatoes, bitch

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
whar the gently caress

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I like to recreate things from the waffle house menu. try that.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

trust me

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

why can't yu be happy with the grilled chese you have, op?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
what yhe gently caress.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

heirloom tomatoes, bitch

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

^^ pff

aight here's how the restaurant I worked at made it:

we made garlic shallot butter. if you don't want to do all that it's understandable but use a good butter.

take some ciabatta. slice the top and the bottom off, then cut in half. You should have two slices of bread that are crust free on the top and bottom (just like a regular piece of sliced sandwich bread). Apply butter (i would be fairly liberal but don't slather it on either).

We used a flat top but a pan will work just as well; put both pieces of bread butter down in a pan. Put cheese on both pieces. We used gruyere but you can use whatever obviously. When the bread is starting to get a nice golden brown, take that poo poo off the heat. At this point the cheese should be kiiinda melty just from the heat of the pan and the bread under it but not really melted yet. If you want now would be a great time to put some bacon and/or tomato on that sucker.

Take both pieces of bread and put them together to make your sandwhich. Pop it into the oven at like ~350 until the cheese is nice and melted all the way through and you're done.

drat this is good poo poo im going to try this

Voted Alligator
Apr 13, 2005
shpoods
lots,of, garlic

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

every boyd saying take it to then ext level take it to hte next level

why can't we be happy wiht what we haefe?

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
jalapenos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
siriracha

• Locked thread