Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Shadoer posted:

And fortunately he didn't have the brain power to realize he could have kicked down the door, gone in through a window, or just used his gun to shoot the lock off.

I have a hard time seeing him kick anything down, dude was a twink bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
speculating about all the ways he could have succeeded in killing more chicks is kinda creepy imo

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
he could have died happy by spreading HIV/AIDS over a number of years but instead he never scored

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Gazpacho posted:

speculating about all the ways he could have succeeded in killing more chicks is kinda creepy imo

To be fair , it is in the cause of talking about how pathetic he was and are talking about super obvious stuff. It's not like we are going on about how he should have made mustard gas to kill everyone in the sorority house or something.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shadoer posted:

And fortunately he didn't have the brain power to realize he could have kicked down the door, gone in through a window, or just used his gun to shoot the lock off.

It's a house inhabited by a bunch of teens and twenty somethings, guaranteed someone forgot to lock the back door or close all the windows. But he wouldn't know this do to lack of interacting with other people

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

amityville anus posted:

he could have died happy

No. Micropenised people never die happy.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

PerpetualSelf posted:

Yeah sure it would because further comodozation of sex would totally fix the issues that caused this rampage, primarily that of our country being overly obsessed with sex as a commodity to be used for societal and cultural advancement and to show worth.

Looks like you've found the cure for insane, crippling autism. "Just stop caring about sex so much."

When do you plan to publish?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

waitwhatno posted:

i would pay money to see a film adaptation of his manifest. Would need artsy and surreal undertones, but it could work.

make it about broader themes like human arrogance, feeling of entitlement and obsession. We should see small parts of our own life's reflected in elliots deranged adventures. Christian bale as Elliot for the surreal touch.

do it like that bob dylan movie - in one scene a little black kid starts crying over an indian guy with a blonde girlfriend, next scene is cate blanchett standing outside his sisters bedroom listening to her get hosed and trembling

we are all elliot in a way

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Elliot Rodger's: The Day of Reckoning
======================================

Everything was going so well. I had just slaughtered my roommates undetected and had just gotten to the hottest sorority on campus to begin my slaughter. I was feeling ecstatic, joyful, filled with the power of a god. I knocked on the door and had my gun ready, it would have been perfect. And then the unthinkable happened, they didn't open the door.

I knocked again, nothing.

And again, still nothing.

I waited hours there, as people walked by and watched me just wait there. It was so embarrassing but there wasn't anything I could do. I considered climbing through the window, but it would draw too much attention and my height prevented me from reaching it. As for just shooting the door down, I didn't know if my gun could do it before I attracted the police. The thought that the bullets might bounce back also struck me and I didn't want to further my embarrassment by shooting myself.

I knocked again, begging them to let me in. But nothing. Even on the day, my day of retribution, I was a social outcast. All I wanted to do was take vengeance for the injustice I had suffered and those mentally challenged females could not be bothered to let me, the perfect gentlemen, into their homes so I could slaughter them. This was suppose to be my day, the last day I intended to be alive on this earth, and they denied it to me. Even now, they could not be bothered to show me just a little bit of sympathy.

Defeated, I shot some random people on the street and went on to my next target, still hopeful that maybe, just maybe my Day of Retribution could be salvaged.

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
Wait autists think about sex? I thought most of their brainpower was saved for action figures or who was best G.I. Joe support team.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

eternalname posted:

Was elliot rodger Gay?

probably not

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
he only ever loved WoW

though i figure there's something in his sob story about being rejected there too

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's like the banality of evil mixed with lovely internet stuff. When aspirational power fantasies go wrong.

killmeimmafailure fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 25, 2015

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Honestly, he might have been gay since he never tried to talk to any girls ever (and actually tried to push some off a balcony lol) and he resented his mom.

Maybe what he needed was a good, deep dicking.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Mr. Hand posted:

Why do people desperately want to believe this?

Look, just because a dude looks vaguely effeminate doesn't mean he hungers for cock, okay?

god doesn't give you lips like that without making you hungry for cock too

except for elliot i guess because even god had to get in on owning this spazz

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Do It Once Right posted:

Elliot's mom should have done her motherly duty and satisfied her son's urges. She satisfied his urges for a $400 shirt when she couldn't afford it, she could have given him a vagina mulligan on some idle weekend.

you need to understand that when someone buys something for another person generally it makes them feel better because they did something for someone else but also improves their viewpoint of the other person

so essentially she hated her idiot bitch son so much that buying an expensive shirt was all she could think of to improve her feelings for him

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Remember when he came home one day and listened to his hot sister loving her boyfriend and then wrote about it in his manifesto?

lol

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Elliot Rodger is the face of generation Y

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
some young men aspire to be king of the dance floor. others...

quote:

For the summer break, I planned on spending the whole time playing WoW and forgetting about everything else. I reached the highest level on my WoW character: level 60. I actually considered this to be a huge and important accomplishment.

quote:

I was never enthusiastic about Morocco. The country is very backwards, and that made me very uncomfortable. They didn’t even have the latest video games.

quote:

I heard my sister watching the new show Avatar: The Last Airbender on the television. I decided to check it out. I soon found myself really enjoying it. It was a magnificent story set in a fantasy world where people can control the power of the elements. Once I watched the first episode, I was hooked on the story. Prince Zuko was my favorite character; he was a banished prince who was trying to regain his rightful place in the world. I always related to him.

quote:

There was nothing I could really do about my unfair life situation. I felt completely powerless. The only way I could deal with it was to continue to drown all of my troubles with my online games. I played WoW really hard, leveling two new characters to 70. At mother’s house, I sometimes played it for fourteen hours a day. James, Steve, and Mark would always joke that there was never a time that they saw me offline. I was known as the guy who was “always on WoW”.

quote:

James, Steve, and Mark were the closest thing I had to a group of friends. I played with them online almost every day. We had so many adventures in WoW as a group, and yet… I felt like the outcast of the group. Steve and Mark only considered me an online friend, never a real friend. I found out that the three of them had WoW meet-ups at one of their houses a lot, and they never invited me. Sometimes, when I would be playing with them online, I would find out that they were all together in real life, and I was the only one left out. Whenever they did this, I acted bitter towards them through the game, but they didn’t even care. Even in the World of Warcraft, I was an outcast, alone and unwanted.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

quote:

I made a vow on New Year’s Day that I wouldn’t masturbate until I did something to successfully get one step further in life. Having a high sex drive, I usually masturbated at least every other day. I always fantasized about sex… and the fact that I was unable to have sex made me even more obsessed with it. To stop masturbating for more than three days was a big deal. I lasted seven days. On the seventh day my sexual urges became too overwhelming. My whole body was enveloped in it. I thought about girls every single second, and not having a girl to have sex with was unbearable. I could not even function anymore, so I had to break my commitment. The masturbation session I had after that seven-day dry spell was astounding.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I feel like John Waters could make a pretty good movie about this guy

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

the losers in john waters movies are sympathetic

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
thank god elliot rodger is dead because if he wasn't i would want to kill him all over again. poor baby taking an evening stroll on the malibu dunes contemplating how sad and difficult his life is....better buy a lottery ticket

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hopefully he found peace.

Unless there's an afterlife because Satan would never let him live this down.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
He was too beautiful for this world. RIP Elliot Rodger, the Supreme Gentleman

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
The system failed another young man.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Gazpacho posted:

i kinda liked it better when the killdozer guy was gbs's ironic hero tbh, at least there wasn't the parade of mental health fadsters trying to diagnose him, or i dunno maybe there was and i dont remember
We spent nearly 200 pages last year doing nothing but ripping on this guy for being the biggest gooniest failure to ever be brought to our attention and virtually no one thought of him as any sort of hero. THIS thread is just more "holy poo poo how sad was this guy?!" too. You have to have a broken brain to read anything we're saying as a positive.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Can't hear you, too busy wanking in Elliot's memory

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He's pretty cute

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i mean when you really look at it the 3-series raised the bar for the expected quality and performance you could expect at that price. its aftermarket is plentiful and they generally run forever. controversies come and go (hello Bangle Butt!) but most any reasonable person respects what BMW was able to accomplish with the 3.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I hope that BMW takes a good hard look at the culture of shootings they have helped create.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

fyodor posted:

i mean when you really look at it the 3-series raised the bar for the expected quality and performance you could expect at that price. its aftermarket is plentiful and they generally run forever. controversies come and go (hello Bangle Butt!) but most any reasonable person respects what BMW was able to accomplish with the 3.

could really imagine an older roger saying this all manic like christian bale talking about huey lewis

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Powercrazy posted:

I hope that BMW takes a good hard look at the culture of shootings they have helped create.

Imagine how much more whining we would have endured if he had a lovely beat up 99 corolla.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
His manifesto is so saccharine in a bitter sense. I bet if he put as much energy into drinking and partying as he did being bitter he could have turned his poo poo around and not gone on a shooting rampage.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

amityville anus posted:

His manifesto is so saccharine in a bitter sense.

:eyepop:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

rip english language

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I know a couple people that are recluses in life, but are social butterflies on WoW. Dude was so toxic even in WoW he could socialize properly. That's some intense stuff. He was broken from the core.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
dropped two math classes and blew his cash on lottery tickets :lol:

quote:

I believed that it was destiny for me to win the Megamillions Lottery, particularly this very jackpot. People win the lottery every single month, so why not me? I was meant to live a life of significance and extravagance. I was meant to win this jackpot. It was destiny. For the first few drawings I played, I spent $50 to $100 on tickets, but to my profound frustration I still didn’t win, and the jackpot kept rising. This only increased my enthusiasm. I started to picture a whole new, perfect life for myself after I won. I imagined buying a beautiful, opulent mansion with an extravagant view, and acquiring a collection of supercars which I would use specifically to attract beautiful girls into my life. I planned to go back to college once I had bolstered myself with all this wealth, and lord myself over all the other students there, finally fulfilling my dream of being the coolest and most popular kid at school. As I sat meditating in my room, I imagined the ecstasy I would feel as scores of beautiful girls look at me with admiration as I drive up to college in a Lamborghini. Such an experience would make up for everything. I had to win this jackpot.

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 25, 2015

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
imo he needed lsd ecstasy and some ayahuasca therapy to get out of his head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER

bonvivant posted:

women aren't socialized to view sexual conquest as an integral aspect of their worth as humans so I doubt that's happening

drat the patriarchy wins yet again.
Attitudes are changing tough. Being " prudeshamed" can be just as bad for girls these days as slutshaming so it`s only a matter of time before women too feel a deep need to use and discard other people sexually. Give it a generation or two, the female version of Rodgers is bound to happen eventually. His victims deserve to be revenged so this can`t happen soon enough imo.

• Locked thread