Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Hollis Brownsound posted:

It's called a van rear end in a top hat. It's way more practical than a pickup truck. Pickup trucks only exist because some dudes have tiny dicks.

Yeah because you can fit a whole yard of dirt in a van. Dumbass.

My daily driver is an F150. I use it to go get things from the restaurant supply store every day, and on the weekends it allows me to work on my house by being able to go to lowes or the materials yard and buy useful building poo poo.

My wife drives a Yaris,mwhich we use to drive around when we go out.

Some people have different needs than you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I drive a wrangler op is that ok?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Sorry you have some beta desk job where you don't need to haul large, heavy poo poo.

America's thriving blue collar sector has a thing or two to say about beta desk faggots like the op

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Errant Gin Monks posted:

My daily driver is an F150. I use it to go get things from the restaurant supply store every day, and on the weekends it allows me to work on my house by being able to go to lowes or the materials yard and buy useful building poo poo.

Improbable

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i drive a volvo station wagon

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

FordPRefectLL posted:

i drive a volvo station wagon

I bet you also drink caramel macchiatos and listen to arcade fire too.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Errant Gin Monks posted:

exactly one page to get to the serious posts in a troll thread

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I wanna get a Ford F-450 duallyl probably lift it too, possibly a semi truck that I'll mod to look like Optimis Prime or Ultra Magnus, not sure though.

SD-455
May 15, 2009

by Lowtax
lol if you drive anything that gets over 12mpg

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
my main car is a 99 isuzu rodeo....i bash the poo poo out of it and abuse it every day and make it go far beyond what it was designed to do but it's easy enough to work on and just keeps going. its good because i can haul equipment and poo poo in the back because i barely ever have passengers in it so i fold the seats down. it can tow most things, loads of gravel or manure and stuff, i could even rake hay with it if i wanted

its fuel economy is poo poo though

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Just got a 2015 golf Tdi and I just got it past 50mpg at roughly 70mph. I'm still on the first tank at 400miles with about an 1/8th tank left. It's hard to drive it gently with 236ft-lbs of torque

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

VendaGoat posted:

You've hauled at least a few "things" better than the ones with the lift kits, light rack, oversized mudder tires and truck nuts.

I would like to ritualistically sacrifice them and their entire families.

I laughed when I read the statistic that 97% of 4 wheel drive trucks never leave paved roads. I go off-road 1 or two times per week, usually to get out to a study area. And my truck is a 2 wheel drive.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Sorry you have some beta desk job where you don't need to haul large, heavy poo poo.

Nobody who owns a Hummer has to haul large heavy poo poo, either. Except for themselves.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

JakeP posted:

Also you are retarded, a Ford F-150 pickup costs more than a Ford E-150 Cargo Van

Also Pickups hold their value better than almost all other vehicles

neg bitch, i'm talking an old used one not a brand new one

You can get a decent truck for 3-5k, a van at 3k is a hosed up high mileage shitbox that some plumber put 250,000 miles on

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Kuato posted:

I wanna get a Ford F-450 duallyl probably lift it too, possibly a semi truck that I'll mod to look like Optimis Prime or Ultra Magnus, not sure though.

I'd get an older Ford F-350, just to convert it into Buckaroo Banzai's Oscillation Overthruster vehicle.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Get a load of this maroon. Yeah a van is more expensive than a pickup--if you're a dumbass.....and your precious canopy still gives you less space than a van

VAN SUPREMACY

lol yeah

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

Is a garbage person.

Hey rear end in a top hat in the hummer, thanks for sending the planet to an early grave, poo poo head.

"But I like riding higher than other cars", "I like knowing i'll be safe if I get in an accident"-Things garbage people say.

If your daily driver gets less than 30 mpg please gently caress off and kill yourself.

OK.

It's the best way to haul 37 dead hookers at once. And I can use the carpooling lane.

Bacicot
Apr 3, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

genesplicer posted:

I'd get an older Ford F-350, just to convert it into Buckaroo Banzai's Oscillation Overthruster vehicle.

I'm about to buy a used F-350 dually to haul around the fifth wheel RV I moved the wife and 4 kids into full time.

If you live in a stick and brick house larger than 300 square feet you are literally a garbage person

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

genesplicer posted:

I laughed when I read the statistic that 97% of 4 wheel drive trucks never leave paved roads. I go off-road 1 or two times per week, usually to get out to a study area. And my truck is a 2 wheel drive.

Well yeah but if you're driving jn the snow and have a pickup you need 4wd as trucks are generally rwd and have no weight in the bed.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

My father, who had some kind of psychotic break when I turned 17/18, signed his car title over to me in exchange for my mother's electric piano, which he used to try and revive his long dead music career.

That car happens to be a ford explorer with a v8 engine and I'd kill for a nice v6 sedan, but this car is free and i own it outright and aside from the horrible mileage has been insanely reliable and low maintenance.

I'm sorry i'm a garbage person though.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I drive a Volvo station wagon, OP. It's actually very good.

it's also faster than many other cars

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Is a garbage person.

Hey rear end in a top hat in the hummer, thanks for sending the planet to an early grave, poo poo head.

"But I like riding higher than other cars", "I like knowing i'll be safe if I get in an accident"-Things garbage people say.

If your daily driver gets less than 30 mpg please gently caress off and kill yourself.

People who say this frequently ignore length of commute. Like yeah I might get worse gas mileage than you but I still only go through a tank a month cause I live 1 mile from work.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Quentin Tarantino drove the pussy wagon as his daily to promote kill bill and that's fine by me!

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I love those little 90s Hondas and Toyotas. So cute. Run forever too.

My first car was a Geo Spectrum. Best first car. Red, too. :cool:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I actually do have a hummer that I drive around because I can. I'm sorry you are weeping about it like a 7 year old girl, op.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i drive a garbage truck that i modified to run on coal

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
How do you expect me to get Cody and Dylan to their hockey lesson and lube up my rear end in a top hat in time for yoga with anything smaller than a Cadillac Escalade, i Dont understand what you want from me.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

atomicthumbs posted:

I drive a Volvo station wagon, OP. It's actually very good.

it's also faster than many other cars

I had some customer from my gun shop job sneer at me from his immaculate jeep while we were both filling up at a gas station. I rolled my eyes at him and turned my back. My volvo was covered in mud after coming back from a trip to the interior. The XC70 series loving owns. Never saw the guy in the shop again after that.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

mikerock posted:

I had some customer from my gun shop job sneer at me from his immaculate jeep while we were both filling up at a gas station. I rolled my eyes at him and turned my back. My volvo was covered in mud after coming back from a trip to the interior. The XC70 series loving owns. Never saw the guy in the shop again after that.

I can run over your baby girl volvo with my Hummer and not even notice.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
he forever scared jeep man away from the gun store by rolling his eyes next to a muddy Volvo

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i got an old benz 190 sedan for a year round car and an even older honda dual sport for a bike, the car gets a little over 20mpg but the bike will go as far as 80 if im kind to it so if u do the math i do not believe i am required to gently caress off

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My dad drives one of those Toyota hummers and he's a good dude but it's the most embarrassing car. I know it's called an FJ cruiser now because he always refers to it as "the FJ" even when he's talking to strangers and the car isn't even there. I love the man, but holy hell that thing is cheesy. It's huge and it doesn't even fit anything in it.

Subaru station wagons are the way to go. Also minivans rule despite their reputation. My work vehicle is a Nissan Quest and I love the thing.

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
I drive a micro machine

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
my dick is bigger than a sedan now come sit on it you whiny huge little bitch op and cry

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Darf posted:

I drive a micro machine

Ifyoudontdriveoneoftheoneswithopeningdoors(ie lambo)youareprobablyahugeloserfromgaloobdeceptivelysmall

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records

gently caress you OP - I'm 44, no kids and I have zero plans to double (or triple) my carbon footprint by having kids. You want to get pissed at someones carbon footprint, look at these fuckers that have 2+ kids. They're the problem for the earth. Now, GTFO of my way with your faggy Prius before I pop into 4 wheel drive and treat it like a speed bump. :)

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I have been seeing an inordinate amount of Chargers lately, and I keep asking people if they have noticed all the Chargers on the road and they keep saying no.

But there are so many lately. Was there a sale?

I can start making tick marks but I don't really need to begin any new crazy things, you know?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

I.C. posted:

I have been seeing an inordinate amount of Chargers lately, and I keep asking people if they have noticed all the Chargers on the road and they keep saying no.

But there are so many lately. Was there a sale?

I can start making tick marks but I don't really need to begin any new crazy things, you know?

Did you just buy a charger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I know once I bought my Hummer, all I noticed was how many Hummers there were every where.

• Locked thread