Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

werdum absolutely will not stop having fun, which to me is cool. equally cool is being a dour killing machine. this fight is very good

yes

LobsterMobster posted:

It's a proud tradition for dorky white folks to go to Mexico and get destroyed off of body shots, it just usually happens on Spring Break.

yes

Triticum Guzzler posted:

do not call yourself cassius clay, in my opinion

yes

Triticum Guzzler posted:

mayhem miller sucks and so does the other guy

yes

Wise Learned Man posted:

No discussion of brutal standing guillotines is complete without:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Gmn3YDxJo

yes

LobsterMobster posted:

There are ten minutes left, let's go BALD MAN SHOUT TIMES

yes

EvanSchenck posted:

Don't forget that Pendred's last fight before this one was a total mess where he decisively lost every round but at the same time did exactly the most minimal, dogshit performance to convince a judge that he actually won each round, leading to a decision victory that baffled everyone who actually watched it

e: like I remember posting in the GDT that his performance was like a scientific experiment in how to do as badly as possible while still "winning" the round on the scorecards

Also after that fight he had the gall to give an interview to mmajunkie where he bitched out Joe Rogan and said his announciing was the only reason people thought he lost that fight.

EmmyOk posted:

Do not make me cross with you!

Also out of interest how sore are foot stamps in the clinch? They always make me wince a bit, but the sound could be misleading.

EvanSchenck posted:

They don't feel good and in theory you could gently caress up a guy's foot and slow his movement, but in practice they're mainly a way to look active and hopefully stop the ref from breaking up the clinch.

One thing people don't realize is that if you stomp someone's foot the main defense is for them to take their weight off it. If you've got a guy against the cage, making them take their weight off one foot lets you attack the other with single leg pickups or the same one with footsweeps. That's the reason Serra is always yelling for foot stomps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread