Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

mr.capps posted:

The problem with the fatalities besides them just looking like they're going to be pointless is that they slow down the game even more.

But BLOOD AND GUTS!!! Not like that fast-paced shooter Nintendo made with a unique objective, interesting art style, and varied level design that is for kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you aren't breaking the sound barrier when running in a Doom game it's not a Doom game.

Also, 15 rockets. 15 rockets. What the gently caress.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Al Nipper posted:

I was pretty meh through the majority of the Doom 4 gameplay trailer but i have to admit the chainsaw stuff was pretty great.

No it wasn't. It was two slow as gently caress canned animations that made me never want to pick up that piece of poo poo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

echronorian posted:

Let's have some positivity in the thread

Miyamoto playing some kids level from Mario Maker

This is what video games should be.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

"Doom is a series known for its extremely fast pace so let's add extremely long Mortal Kombat fatalities and loving audiologs and turn the chainsaw into complete poo poo. This is definitely in line with the series' direction."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Al Borland posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uVUxhoM7tY

This is doom 1 it already starts out 1000x better.

But putting an armor item in the middle of hurty water is Bad Game Design.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Did I read something about a Metroid Prime-ish game with a female protagonist, robot dog buddy, and Keiji Inafune for the bone? I must know more.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bring back Nintendo, please. Video games already need to be saved again.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Recore trailer showed some promise unlike the rest of this trash.

I eagerly await its PC release.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CuwiKhons posted:

Please please please don't have crazy gruesome death scenes, please i am begging you.

But that's how you know it's hardcore mature for adults and there definitely aren't developers there who get off on that poo poo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Guys just remember that video games will be good again after Nintendo's conference tomorrow. Just gotta hold out until then.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Orv posted:

This is not that. This is the Borderlands MOBA.

Why is there a Borderlands moba.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Motto posted:

Apparently there's backtracking and it's a 2D platformer about Chibi-Robo using his plug as a whip.

That's cool and all, but can we get an actual Metroid game?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

supposedly there is a 2D and a 3D Metroid in the pipeline, but who knows when

don't get too excited for tomorrow

Nintendo: "I'll never tell!"

The stupidly hopeful part of me believes that they'll announce both and that they'll be available RIGHT NOW!!!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Suspicious Cook posted:

"Our #1 goal is to make Lara the most human character in video games."

She's T&A Indiana Jones pretending to be Nathan Drake, guys. Don't lie to me. I don't care if it is E3.

Human = frequently dies gruesome deaths straight out of snuff films and is under near constant threat of implied rape I guess

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pakled posted:

Which company is generally agreed to be the worst at E3, Microsoft of Ubisoft?

Ubi, easily. Even if they announce BGE2 they'll gently caress it up incredibly.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Can we please get to Mirror's Edge 2 so I can know whether to lose all hope?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Next year will be the year of f2p fpsmoba card games on mobile and I will destroy this world.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fuuuuuuuuck open world just means the level design and pacing are going to be poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anime Curator posted:

To be honest I'm so mad there will never be a Mirror's Edge/Remember Me joint crossover game since they have very similar environments and history that would work so loving great together

You motherfucker now I want that, too.

• Locked thread