Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
The Arkham Knight is Bruce Wayne's fractured psyche after being exposed to fear gas prior to the events of the game, nobody but Batman will actually see or interact with Arkham Knight and this will be the big reveal like 90% of the way through the game. A split personality of Bruce Wayne's is firing up the drone factory and hiring merc squads.

Anyway, this'll be proven wrong when Two Face or somebody talks to the Arkham Knight in the first 10 minutes of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Veotax posted:

Assuming the prequel comic is canon (I don't see why it shouldn't be), the Arkham Knight showed up immediately after the end of City as Batman was heading home.

He and Batman haven't met in the comic yet, he's just been loving with things in the shadows and killing minor villains (Electrocutioner 2 and Tweedledee & Tweedledum)

Dark split personality of Batman after the death of the Joker confirmed.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Anyone who has the PS4 version - is performance solid, or does it dip a lot?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-hands-on-with-batman-arkham-knight

It's solid.

I'm waiting for word on if the PC version runs as smoothly.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Dogen posted:

The AMD performance is bad enough that the first news announcement for the game on steam says they are sorry and are working on it.

Looks like AMD just sent in the new drivers so maybe it's better now?

Luckily I have an nVidia card but I'm just wondering about overall optimization.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Batman's gadgets all have weird gay computer terminology names now if the last page's any indication

Batman's suit is literally v8.36 or some Iron Man poo poo except more computery and less engineery.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Spikeguy posted:

Just saw this little snippet from Polygon on Metacritic.
"After Arkham Knight, Batman has been perfected — and the end result is the best game of this console generation."
Seems a bit early to be calling that.

Dude likes Batman the best of any game on PS4 or Bone. It doesn't mean it will always be his favorite.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Riddler building all those tunnels in 7 months, I wish Metro would hire him to finish the drat Purple Line.

Gordon's voice actor, Jonathan Banks, has zero vocal range but that's a boon to the character he normally plays on TV: the ultra competent and emotionally controlled expert. Too bad Rocksteady didn't write Gordon that way in this game, he's severely miscast. Actors ain't always better than professional voice actors.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

Constantly having to worry about downloading and installing new drivers is what led me to buy a console about ten years ago. I'd hope that whole process is more streamlined now than it was then.

It absolutely is. They download automatically with GeForce Experience but some people don't like the program for whatever reason.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Hardcore bat fans, how do you pronounce Falcone? Whenever I read it in the comics I always had 'falconi' in my head, because Italian names, and Oracle just pronounced it that way too. Every other bat media hasn't done it like that though.

It's Falconi. It's Raysh not Raws. But pronunciations are all over the place between the different versions and who's talking.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Unless I'm being fed wrong info, the refund process Valve uses is incredible. Basically devs get all their Steam sales placed in a coffer, the contents of which are sent every month, while valve gets immediate access to 30% of every sale. But when a refund is approved, Valve keeps their 30% and the full price of the refund comes out of the developers/publishers total earnings for that month. So getting a successful refund on a game owns devs harder than just pirating the game. WB must be feeling an incredible amount of heat right now.

That's not true. Valve doesn't get to keep their cut and charge the developer for the full sale price.

Arkham Knight costs $60, Valve gets $20, WB gets $40. People request refunds, Valve gives the customer $60 and subtracts $40 from the payment they will send to WB at the end of the month.

The reason WB pulls the game is that although a recall like this is many times more expensive than a delay, it limits their legal liability to class action lawsuits or FTC fines for false advertising as well as minimizing the hammering that their flagship game is receiving online and by word of mouth.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

They are not TECHNICALLY new for Origins. The Wii U version of Arkham City (which the same guys worked on) had a similar gimmick with its exclusive batsuit.

The baseball bats you can grab in Knight fill the same niche though.

Edit: Also I should mention Origins had multiplayer but it was as meh as meh could be.

Yeah, Warner Montreal did the WiiU version of Arkham City and put the electric gloves they were developing for Origins in it.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Funnily enough Bioshock 2 is the only game in the Bioshock series that had gameplay good enough to replay. And Origins still has the best story of the Arkham games but people soured on it due to Joker fatigue, and then Knight happens and lmao.

"The Joker is dead and the Arkham Knight is a new character" is all Rocksteady said about Knight's story and look how that loving turned out.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Season passes are "deals" in that they are cheaper than buying all the DLC piecemeal. But in every season pass I've ever seen there's at least one thing that I would never buy so buying the DLC I actually want piecemeal works out to be cheaper.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

l33t b4c0n posted:

I know the two games are not similar at all, but I keep looking at the Witcher 3 as a comparison. The game worked at launch, though it had its share of bugs. Since release, CD Projekt Red has released roughly a patch a month - sometimes just bug fixes, sometimes bigger or new content that they didn't have to release. They built enough trust that despite just experiencing the abortion that was the Arkham Knight release, I still felt it worthwhile to pay full price for the Witcher 3 Season Pass. And, lo and behold, it delivered the first piece of content on the date promised. There ARE bugs, but they've already released one patch since the expansion. That builds customer loyalty.

I'm honestly baffled how a much bigger studio backed by a much bigger publisher couldn't A.) produce a decent product in the first place and B.) follow through with patches or new content on a more regular basis.

CD Projekt Red has more employees than Rocksteady. The difference is that CD Projekt Red developed for PCs and ported to consoles while Rocksteady did the opposite, and by all accounts did not support the PC port much at all with time or effort. The Witcher 3 performs in such a way on consoles that I would never buy it. Not quite the disaster that Arkham Knight on PC was however.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

No. You can play as Man Bat in the PC version with a little mod. It's a simple mesh swap.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Laughing my rear end off that some people paid $40 for the Arkham Knight season pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
lol I just remembered the excuses made for the Batgirl DLC that it was made by WB Montreal and the rest of the Season Pass would be better because it would be made by Rocksteady.

• Locked thread