Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
would you rather be a lion in the zoo or a lion in the wild
zoo lion
wild lion
hmm...not sure op
View Results

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
i saw a video once where a polar bear was super hungry but couldn't find any seals. so he got desperate and started trying to attack walruses. his claws and teef couldn't penetrate their thick skin and one of them ended up breaking the bear's leg. then the bear starved to death with a broken leg

uhhh if i was the bear i would rather be in a cage having people give me food every day. like this doesn't apply to all animals (esp ones that need a lot of space in order to be happy like whales) but if i had to be reborn as a lion i would rather be a lion at the zoo than a lion in the wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Let me go to your mom's crate and ask her.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I guess it depends on what kind of zoo it was, I wouldn't want to be a lion in some middle eastern zoo where all you had was a small cage with a concrete floor, but most modern zoos have huge enclosures designed to simulate the natural habitats and they generally seem like a nice place to live.

This life seems pretty chill too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pGTgkcP-RU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ts-1430769.html

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
op you are an animal living in the captivity of big government right now. Just something to think about, peace.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

so their choices are get their leg broken by a walrus and die or go crazy

being an animal must suck

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
zoos are pretty messed up.

but anyone against animal testing in scientific research is a loving moron.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

gently caress the Republic. posted:

zoos are pretty messed up.

but anyone against animal testing in scientific research is a loving moron.

You can duplicate these results with marshmallows and toothpicks!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
If you ask me these otters are pretty loving happy in captivity

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwSKkKrUzUk

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
The stuff we own owns us, we're all living in captivity man! Open your mind brah!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It depends on whether you value freedom over not living in a world where murder and rape are not only legal, but mandatory.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I've never seen an elephant, gorilla, or chimp at the zoo that did not look like it would rather be dying horribly.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Full Metal Jackass posted:

op you are an animal living in the captivity of big government right now. Just something to think about, peace.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Hatebag posted:

I've never seen an elephant, gorilla, or chimp at the zoo that did not look like it would rather be dying horribly.

i have

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

yeah chimps love captivity. 24/7 jackoff sessions no need to worry about food or predators life's good

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Darkman Fanpage posted:

yeah chimps love captivity. 24/7 jackoff sessions no need to worry about food or predators life's good

Chimps only have love for brutalizing female chimps and flinging their poo.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

yes. *nods sagely*

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Maybe I'm projecting then.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Hatebag posted:

Maybe I'm projecting then.

maybe I dunno, I have never been to the zoo, looked at the animals, and thought man that zebra looks like he wants to just jump into the lion pit and end it.

Maybe you go to shittier zoos than me who knows

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I saw a beluga whale just swimming in circles in an enclosure probably about the size of an olympic pool.

occasionally it would swim upside down

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

JakeP posted:

maybe I dunno, I have never been to the zoo, looked at the animals, and thought man that zebra looks like he wants to just jump into the lion pit and end it.

Maybe you go to shittier zoos than me who knows

I was just talking about the smarter animals. I doubt a zebra has the capacity to fantasize about suicide. Bonobos do seem pretty content to just suck each other's dicks and chow down on butts all day, though.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I'd rather be an animal in a zoo than a human stuffed into a tiny city apartment, nobody ever visiting me, working some dead end job day in and day out

Stop the abuse, let the humans run free!

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Hatebag posted:

I was just talking about the smarter animals. I doubt a zebra has the capacity to fantasize about suicide. Bonobos do seem pretty content to just suck each other's dicks and chow down on butts all day, though.

Wow the bonobos have this life figured out makes u think

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
yeah we should feel bad but not too bad because wtf else are we supposed to do

unless we're talking elephants, in which case they should be kept alive in captivity and the wild to the best of our abilities cause they're awesome

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
bile bear suicide

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

lazy docile animals should get big pens to chill

energetic animals should all live in the same pen, with a big high school running track.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
live free or die

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
zoo animals basically live like royals, they are idle while all their needs are taken care of by handlers who perform breeding experiments and they are put on display for the public to gawk at.

PeenCommander
Jun 24, 2008

Do you feel bad for humans in captivity

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
I feel no pity for chickens. They poo poo everywhere and lack the brain power it takes to be sad.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
im gay

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
yeah

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014