Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

Ever tried breast milk? It's great. It tastes pretty good, like regular whole milk but a little sweeter. The morning breast milk is the best, it's thickest and has the viscosity of cream. Good for coffee imho, and your immune system! Body builders also drink the stuff in droves for the super powers it bestows. so why not be like a super body builder goons and get on CL (craig's list) for some BM (breast milk).

Post all your breast milk acquiring/drinking tips here.

ha, we used those bottles for our kid's breast milk

then we switched to formula cos it's better & healthier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

Lol your wife must have some rotten rear end tittays or hep c if formula was better

well among other things the formula has omega 3s and 6s and poo poo for neural development so apologies in advance for when my big brained kid owns your retard baby at school and then cures cancer

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

No doctor on earth recommends formula over breast milk. Make your own thread about formula and not vaccinating your kids!

actually our doctor said there was no real difference and it's only the lll crazies who buy into that poo poo

and antivaxxers are pretty much exclusively breastfeeders (idk if it works the other way around but i suspect it does)

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

like if you are in some third world shithole where all the water has cholera in it then yeah obv breast milk is better but i happen to live in a real country

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

lol from the very first link on google

quote:

For mothers who are unable to breastfeed or who decide not to, infant formula is a healthy alternative. Formula provides babies with the nutrients they need to grow and thrive.

you really showed me there chief

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

A number of health organizations — including the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the American Medical Association (AMA), and the World Health Organization (WHO) — recommend breastfeeding as the best choice for babies. Breastfeeding helps defend against infections, prevent allergies, and protect against a number of chronic conditions.

So basically if your girl is too lazy or genetically inept to produce breast milk for your kid then formula is OK

i guess the breast babies can console themselves with their 0.01% less chance of having hayfever, when the huge brained formula babies take over and put them all in camps

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/18/health/breastfeeding-iq-income/

Hmmm yeah, no. Now please go away!!

Unless you wanna discuss BREAST MILK and not GUTTER TRASH FORMULA which you fed to your spawn

1) that study was from brazil and i specifically said i wasn't talking about garbage countries, and 2) they were studying 30 year olds and formula probably was pretty poo poo 30 years ago. now its got the omegas

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

"B-b-b-b-but... its got OMEGAS!!"

this is you isn't it

Grandmother of Five posted:

please do not troll about this. there are extremely retarded people on this site who may come to belive that formulae is not extremely fail and a 100 % sure way to produce weaker & frailer babies and the babies do not deserve to get owned like this.

yes this is why the population is divided neatly into breast-milk raised ssj4's and stunted half-men who were raised on formula. oh wait

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

corpuscollossus posted:

Way to gently caress up your kids life dude

i think you should admit your conflict of interest here because your dad makes mad $$$ selling bm to gastown and the bullet farm

Pastor Perineum posted:

heh reasons to use formula instead of breast milk:
-you're a lazy bitch
-you prioritize your alcoholism over the health of your child

"Your partner can help out with nighttime feedings and share that bonding experience with your baby." sorry all your kids will grow up to have strained and distant relationships with their dads

also "Whichever way you choose to feed your baby -- breast milk, formula, or a combination of both -- the most important thing is that your baby is well fed, well cared for, and loved. So ditch the mommy guilt!" you mommy guilt-tripper

Clipperton fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 2, 2015

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Grandmother of Five posted:

you can still be strong & smart, you're just less strong and smart than you would have been, which is sad. every single doctor in the world is going to recommend breast milk over formulae & if your story is true, so did your doc or nurse until your wife's birth related depression was discovered, which is just about the only thing other than outright contagious disease or severe auto-immune disorders that will make your local health personel advocate the use of formulae. hope she's feeling better nowadays, no joke.

lol

actually no our doctor literally said the difference (insofar as there was one and it wasn't down to confounding factors) was insignificant. fun fact tho, one of the moms in our prenatal group did get depressed, because she couldnt breastfeed and some pro-bm jihadist basically told her she was genociding her kid. (that was you wasnt it)

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

corpuscollossus posted:

Is your doctor old? It was a widely held belief up until the late 90s that breast milk and formula were nutritionally equal and therefore the difference was unimportant, but the results of long-term studies (some posted here) have shown that breastfed children are significantly ahead of their formula-fed peers in a wide range of areas, including intelligence, immunity, motor skills and emotional stability.

idk in her 30s? If it helps we heard the same thing from the doctor at the hospital and the nurse who came to weigh our kid later on

although tbh they may have been saying that partly to avoid what happened with another mom in our prenatal group. she refused to feed her kid formula and didn't produce enough milk so at 3 months her kid weighed like 10lb. BREAST IS BEST lol

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

ChairmanMeow posted:

breast milk is better, but many moms have to work

those moms sound poor and should obviously have their babies taken away for their own good

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Rigel posted:

I worked with the most bourgeoise doctors and midwives in the richest suburbs of Chicago and they all had a ten inch hard on for breastfeeding. If you want to know what's good for you listen to the doctors of the rich hth.

some ppl (usually rich ppl with too much time on their hands) get really weird about it, like out of all proportion to any proper medical evidence. to the extent of shaming that one mom i talked about into a depression, and that other mom starving her baby

in my experience they are the same kind of ppl who refuse to eat gmos, and use the word 'toxins' like ppl in the middle ages used the word 'demons'

Nuclearmonkee posted:

you are a retard

thanks satanic jewish man

Clipperton fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jul 3, 2015

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Hatebag posted:

You've increased your kid's risk of developing allergies. They will be an idiot loser that dies to a peanut.

'for infants at hereditary risk'

my genes are strong so no worries there

the second link there is about kids who got allergies from breast milk:

quote:

A male infant, who was fully breast-fed, receiving no additional feeds in any form until 3 months of age, developed intermittent vomiting, diarrhoea and episodes of uncontrollable screaming from one week of age.

yum!

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Hatebag posted:

If you're talking about this one
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2222.1980.tb02090.x/full
That actually says the baby was weaned off of breast milk at three months as a treatment for colic and later developed allergies to cow milk and eggs.

quote:

There is little doubt that they were fully breast-fed until 3 months and yet developed symptoms, later identified to be due to food allergy, long before they received these foods. They must, therefore, have been sensitized and rendered symptomatic by allergens in the maternal breast milk.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Hatebag posted:

That paper is from 1979 and the intro says they only studied 2 infants. The authors' conclusion is not reliable as it is based on nothing. Any article with enough data to do a statistical analysis refutes it.

idk maybe don't link to it then?

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Hatebag posted:

I linked a page of relevant research papers and you chose the worst one because you thought it supported your argument. Not my fault. If you're somehow confident in your kid's genetics, they should be fine. Maybe you could find a bunch of immunoglobulin to inject them with to be sure.

lol

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Fonzarelli posted:

His daughter has been more than generous during her pregnancies to accommodate Ed with his nutritional needs.

*shudder*

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Here is The official statement on breastfeeding from American Academy of pediatrics which I already linked to you and is extremely well sourced but I am surprised you did not read. Here have pictures maybe this will help. Unless the mother cannot breastfeed for some reason, they should and any pediatrician worth a poo poo who can read and pays attention will say the same thing.

lol arent they the ones who want to chop baby dicks off

also didnt they want to legalise fgm until everyone told them they were insane

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Nuclearmonkee posted:

what the gently caress drugs are you on. no and no.

are you going to tell us how scientists are wrong about vaccines next?

look it up man

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

fakeaccount posted:

"breast babies." I guess you'd have to be a great big baby to drink breast milk, huh? You really told those big babies about what they're consuming. Sick burn, doctor genius.

ikr

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Thread needs more Olivia Wilde with that baby suckin on her titty

does she do it in the tron wig, asking for a friend

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

What kind of retard would believe that a powder is nutritionally equivalent to natural breastmilk. At least other goons stepped up to the plate and smacked this bitch down where he belongs

LOL at his dumbass baby who is doomed from birth to be dumb and allergic to everything

nice one man, now tell us about the paleo diet and the evils of gmos

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
'who would believe that injecting your kid with a chemical concoction is better than NATURAL immunity'

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

That's not how vaccines work lmao did you even finish highschool

eh, close enough (and even closer in the case of toxoid and subunit vaccines)

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

If you had genes that cause you to not produce enough milk for your baby then you are an anomaly and probably shouldn't be passing on your defective genes.

literal eugenics itt, holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Necros posted:

theyrw at each others throats like those posters in the terrible thread about the magic rapist

the what

e: do you mean

Clipperton fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 5, 2015

• Locked thread