Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Coohoolin posted:

Lol I don't follow motherwell that closely but wasn't Samson their keeper anyway?

But how is your knowledge of the Swiss league?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Coohoolin posted:

Hahaha loving hell

poo poo on the pitch, poo poo in the stands, poo poo on the roof.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Hibs are poo poo

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

We scored from a free kick for the first time since about 1999 so as far as I am concerned Mark Warburton should be knighted

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

jre posted:

oh no we might only win the league by 15 points this year rather than 17 :ohdear:

Yeah how exciting

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

BisonDollah posted:

Don't worry man, better learning right now that Dave King needs 25-30 working days to process his Wonga loans in order to buy players just now so's christmas isn't ruined for y'all. I'm sure he'll spend a little on your playing squad then. Just be sure to write a big letter to Santa about who you want and send it C/O Celtic Football Club Scouting Team.

Celtic fans say "haha, that mad hun Scott Allan's just signed for us for gently caress awl and it looks like the zombies were wanking over the prospect of signing him for weeks".
The Rangers fans retort "haha you are Catholic and/or Irish and kid molesters"

Great craic.

I like how you assume everyone that hates Celtic is a Rangers fan.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Coohoolin posted:

This gimmick is old and boring.

So is this one.

We're coming for you.

Says the Swiss liberal scots tchucter

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Jim Torbett was a TRP mod in the early days. If my memory is correct.

The real question is why is a supporter of an Irish team getting hurt over some top bants in a Scottish football thread?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Coohoolin posted:

Having a go at Celtic fans is Cool and Good, it's stuff like anti-Irish potato famine poo poo that's a bit unnecessary.

Please post other photos from the 1920s.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Coohoolin posted:

Dundee Utd are the new hibs.

I would say they are the new Aberdeen

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

jre posted:

I assume you're happier way things are going now you have a manager who's not a moron?

Lennon's not doing very well at Bolton

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

At least the micks will only be knocked out of the Champions League once this year.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

You could say that, since Rangers were relegated, Celtic have suffered somewhat of a Champions League famine.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Some have said watching Celtic is like abuse.

Or is that playing for them? idk

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Generations of Catholic children will inherit half and half scarfs

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Please don't post anti-Irish discrimination ITT

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Feel sorry for him in a way because he was forced to sell his best players and replace them with guff

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Given as a penalty by the referee that will be representing Scotland at Euro 2016

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Chas McGill posted:

Coohoolin please make a ny resolution not to post

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Just back from watching my home town club win 2-0 to set up a 4th round Scottish Cup tie with Celtic.

Mon the Kilby!

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Total Meatlove posted:

2-0 against a team playing rush goalies is pretty poo poo though

Yeah, it wasn't a great game. I can confirm that.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

jre posted:

So the SFA announced that EK would play Celtic at New Douglas Park but didn't think to actually ask Hamilton if that would be ok.

Hamilton have told them to gently caress off

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35402932

Peak SFA incompetence.

You'd think they would actually ask the club who's stadium it is before announcing it.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

Hello. What do I need to know to follow the Partick Thistle football club?

How to handle a knife if you plan on visiting.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Coohoolin posted:

Sevco got Angela Haggerty sacked from the Herald for tweeting support of Graham Spiers.

"Nobody likes us, we don't care"

It's "no one likes us, we don't care"

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Coohoolin posted:

You want me to sit in a Ross County section yelling mon the hibs? Ehmm not sure.

You're a plastic anyway so why not?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Due to TV black out of the replays because some guy streamed the Rangers game from his phone via periscope.

There were more viewers on periscope than attended the Edinburgh Derby

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Brony Car posted:

Are Rangers going to be able to mount another league challenge when they get promoted to the SPL next season? I lost track of their money situation.

Unless we build on the squad, no.

The side at the moment is probably good enough for top 6 or even to match what Hearts have done. All depends if we spend money in the summer.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Coohoolin posted:

Yeah I'm looking forward to Rangers back in the top flight just so they can finally come to Pittodrie and lose.

In other news, Aberdeen is the first Scottish club to launch an LGBT fan club. I think that's pretty cool.
http://www.afc.co.uk/news/7536.php

I'm willing to bet you weren't alive the last time Aberdeen won at Ibrox (1993)

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Jose posted:

when was the last time radge posted on SA?

I'm sure he said there was absolutely no chance Hibs would get relegated and hasn't posted since the day they went down.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Hibs are... Good?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Coohoolin posted:

Ehm The Rangers were only formed in 2012 and haven't won the premiership yet.

Nice wee rags to riches story, getting promoted from the third division in 4 years though.

Please die

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Ramagamma posted:

Hibernian Football Club, what a vile fanbase

I also re-watched Trainspotting for the first time in a few years this week, didnt realize Renton was a Hibs fan, so apt.

Spoon burning arseholes.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

radge posted:

Warmest regards from a spoon burning hooligan disgrace. Hope it hurts fuckos

Enjoy another season in the Championship.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Your Boy Fancy posted:

This seems like such a non-issue but I'm coming at it as an American, we rush fields and courts in college on the regular and it's kind of awesome and nobody gets hurt

I can't speak to the culture where y'all might punch each other? I don't know? Help an ignorant

idk, but the Police don't kill black people over here so I guess it all evens out.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Yeah Scottish football fans are mostly scum, but it made me chuckle that an American came into the thread questioning the culture.

America is the worst country in the world and all Americans should either leave the country or die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I think plaudits should be given to the Real Madrid fans who contained their exuberance last night and didn't see the need to invade the pitch and assault players.

• Locked thread