Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Keep Autism Wired posted:

that's so hosed up, i hope he isn't still practicing

No once he got enough material for a Penthouse letter he quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

I saw a shrink after I tried to punch my brother in the face for being a dick to my mom. I've never lied so much in my life. I still have anger issues and drink heavily, thats my story op. By the way I was sober when I tried to wreck his poo poo.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Postmastergeneral posted:

Do it for the diagnosis. See how many things you can get diagnosed with before they figure what you're doing.

heh irl puppetmastering my goon sire? my fedora is tipped

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
what would happen if I went to a therapist and just sat there and honestly answered their questions even though i'm not a crazy and have a pretty awesome life.

would it make me crazy?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Keep Autism Wired posted:

that's so hosed up, i hope he isn't still practicing

ah i wasn't being serious

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Poetic Justice posted:

ah i wasn't being serious

we aren't here to kinkshame. get it alllll out

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

The Saurus posted:

what would happen if I went to a therapist and just sat there and honestly answered their questions even though i'm not a crazy and have a pretty awesome life.

would it make me crazy?

scientology is probably more your thing, do you have a good credit rating?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Saurus posted:

would it make me crazy?

If all they have is a hammer, everything is going to look like a nail.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
The only people thay need therapy are the mentally I'll like trannies so they could straighten themselves out and finally become functioning members of society.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The Saurus posted:

would it make me crazy?

You'd probably just both be really bored. (but only one of you would be getting paid to be bored)

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I'd probably tell them how I was getting sexual pleasure from denying mental health to a poor person because I am more able to pay for their time and then stare at them really hard, trying to make them feel bad for only treating rich people with barely-a-mental-illness instead of helping veterans and the homeless and poo poo

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I'd tell them I keep repeating the phrases get beefy bitch and you're a little pissbitch in my head for hours, but that's just because I'm a pathological liar and actually saw it on an internet forums

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
therapy is for nerds.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I get 5 free sessions through work.

Postmastergeneral
Jan 11, 2005

Horniest Manticore posted:

heh irl puppetmastering my goon sire? my fedora is tipped

Pro tip: deny any drug or alcohol use past or present. Even from childhood. You don't want to end up in a drug rehabilitation outpatient fuckall program.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Pro tip: deny any drug or alcohol use past or present. Even from childhood. You don't want to end up in a drug rehabilitation outpatient fuckall program.

YEAH STAY OUT, THAT'S MY DATING SCENE

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

If you can't prescribe drugs you aren't a real doctor in my book

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

David Copperfield posted:

jokes on them, therapy hasn't changed me at all in 10 years :smug:

That's because you already paid us to post here. How is your relationship with your mother these days?

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i don't know why my friend says i should consider therapy when he already told me that they basically do 1 thing which is repeat things you say back to you to force you to explain yourself

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

never ever ever mention the word suicide either unless you want the cops called on your rear end

Postmastergeneral
Jan 11, 2005
False. Only admit the shame of your ideation after many visits of ineffective therapy. In most cases you're not serious enough about your problems if you don't want to consider ending yourself at some point.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

False. Only admit the shame of your ideation after many visits of ineffective therapy. In most cases you're not serious enough about your problems if you don't want to consider ending yourself at some point.

truth

also if you tell anyone but your closest friends/family about your suicidal thoughts you probably just want attention

in which case therapy is perfect for you i guess

Postmastergeneral
Jan 11, 2005
You sound depressed

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Whatever hellforge is selling adspace on SA must be running low on nerd souls. Suicidal dorks are like self harvesting fruit crops.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

You sound depressed

man that psyche degree just pays for itself huh

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
when I was 15 I weas a starchild-very spiritual and in tune with the universe. I had been seeing my therapist for about 3 years already, a good man, but aman with his own issues that I could see even at such a young age. His eyes expressed his pain obviously to a empathetic child. As a spiritual leader, I was very into meditating and such things. One method of meditation requires clearing your mind entirely. I had invented a way to do this myself and felt like sharing it with this troubled man.

You take a somewhat complex picture and scan it into your minds' eye. Like the old dot matrix printers, scanning it in a half/quarter inch chunk starting from the top left and moving to the right, dropping down a line and starting from the left moving to the right until you have the entire picture held vividly in your minds' eye. This should take most people about 6-7 minutes. Once you have this picture fully formed in your minds' eye, you reverse the process. This time starting from the lower right moving left, when you get to the left, move up and repeat-erasing it in a half/quarter inch chunks.

Once you remove that last line from your minds' eye you will experience a moment of what I like to call "True Death". Your brain will be completely empty and that voice inside your head will be completely gone and you will be one with the universe, this will last only a moment before your brain kicks in and says "whoa this is cool".

My therapist and I met once a week on Thursdays at 11am. The day I told him this secret method, it was a good session, we were both open and nothing seemed different. The following Sunday, his office had called my parents to tell them he was feeling sick and had to take some time away from the office and wouldn't be able to have our next meeting. It was "no big deal", everyone gets sick and that had actually happened before. So two weeks go by and we finally have our next session.

The session started like all of them, him asking me how my weeks had been, how school was going etc etc. As we were wrapping up he stops and looks at me with a sort of weird expression and says "This will be our last session"

Surprised and feeling rejected I asked him why. He turned away and said:

Alsi ku nushi ilani mushiti
Itti kunu alsi mushitum kallatum kuttumtum
Alsi bararitum qablitum u namaritum
Ashshu kashshaptu u kashshipanni
Eli nitum ubbiraanni
Ili-ia u Ishtari-ia ushis-su-u-eli-ia
Eli ameri-ia amru-usanaku
Imdikula salalu musha u urra
Qu-u imtana-allu-u pi-ia

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The Saurus posted:

would it make me crazy?

A good psychologist will pretty much always start with asking why you came to see them, what problems you are having etc, so if you say you've got nothing and you weren't sent there because of something you've done then they'll just send you on your way. Depends on where you live and whether you went to some eccentric private practice weirdo but in most places there isn't much financial incentive for a psychologist to string you along, there are more than enough clients to fill your spot and if they're in the mainstream health system aren't really paid in a way that would benefit from stringing clients along, in fact keeping patients for too long is usually personally and professionally undesirable and not something you can hide. A psychiatrist could probably muster up some sort of a diagnosis if they really wanted to, but its pretty hard to just walk in to see a psychiatrist anyway, you would have had to either convince a referring doctor you needed it or have done something significantly abnormal to have been directed to one.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Hi I don't know how to deal with emotions or stress and I don't know how to move on from negativity so I need to talk to someone else about it because I'm an idiot

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Excelzior posted:

literally 100% of psychologists started studying psychology to understand why they, or their close relatives, are so hosed up in the head and are thus terrible sources of advice

its true, i started as a psychology major but switched out once i read enough books to diagnose myself and my family

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
All the assholes in those en threads ever say is " go to therapy". Ive seen it suggested here that everyone needs therapy and would benefit from seeing a therapist even if they have no problems or issues.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i self diagnose. Turns out, I am a very special snowflake

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

All the assholes in those en threads ever say is " go to therapy". Ive seen it suggested here that everyone needs therapy and would benefit from seeing a therapist even if they have no problems or issues.

its true, but most people would be better served seeing a prostitute instead of a therapist. they will listen to your bullshit for a lower hourly rate, then suck your dick which is great for curing depression and a variety of other psychological maladies

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Nosam0819 posted:

therapy is for nerds.

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
i went for a while and my therapist told me i should keep doing drugs cause in the old days there were shamans and poo poo that ate all the shrooms and licked all the frogs and then could tell if it was gonna rain or not

cool guy, i stopped though

therapy not the drugs

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
probably gonna rain tomorrow

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Horniest Manticore posted:

"I pay someone to talk about *~my feelings~* because I don't have any friends to tell me to man up and stop being so self-absorbed. In my therapy sessions, I have not learned how to live a better life. Rather, I have learned how to justify my own shortcomings and failures. I have yet to realize my therapist does not want me to be cured, like a real doctor does. My therapist sees me as a meal ticket, and s/he will keep me on the hook for as long as humanly possible. In fact, I may have actually realized this, yet my lack of human contact keeps me from telling Dr. Goldsteinberg to shove off. 200 years ago, I would have been killed in childhood, and it would have been better off that way." -a gay fag

lol, you got the sadbrains op?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Societys seen enough whores, women should start charging to pretend to be grown men's mommys per hour. Not like breast feeding diaper changing level, but coming over with groceries and doing laundry and tidying up the place while they faux-protest. Then maybe some light nagging about playing so many video games and what are your future plans for an extra charge and then she's out the door.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How did this topic make it 3 pages

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Eonwe posted:

How did this topic make it 3 pages

Honeypot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
people in therapy should be shunned. please come and save us putin

• Locked thread