Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
this looks kinda cheaply made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
~damaged~

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA HA

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
*Juggalo-lookin' skull w/jester cap*

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
*looks in mirror, puts hands on head in dismay*

"gently caress, these tattoos look terrible!"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blazing Ownager posted:

It seriously looks like an A-List multimillion dollar movie made by Roger Corman who pledged only to spend every penny on Will Smith and CGI

Anyone want to take a bet when they'll abort the hilariously large DC future announcement they made soon as they realize they have none?

ED: You know what that was mean to Roger Corman, he put more effort into that poo poo Fantastic Four movie than Fox is doing, and that was literally just a scam

Yeah Roger Corman probably would have turned around a more entertaining-looking movie, and for like 1/8 of the budget of this turd

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I was kinda hoping this would be like bad in a batshit insane way and not a boring-looking cheap looks-like-a-TV-show way

dangit DC

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
the first half of Hancock was fun

there I said it

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Hancock was a good movie imo and even though the "twist" was dumb I thought it was a good take on the "super hero who just wants to be a regular guy but the world + his conscience won't let him" cliche

I will probably also enjoy this movie because I have low standards, if it's good I'll genuinely enjoy it, if DAMAGED Joker is terrible I will just laugh at it and still enjoy it

lazy drunk with superpowers is a good movie pitch I think

try it again Hollywood, please

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
lol Sportsmaster is basically a character out of that Mystery Men movie

excellent fodder for a dumbass yet entertaining comedy movie IMO

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I just can't see anything DC does as anything other than them pathetically scrambling to throw something out after seeing Marvel's poo poo and going "OH gently caress"

Those Nolan Batman movies were respectable but like that's it for what, the past 20 years?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Tim Curry Joker would've owned pretty hard, dang

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Missed Mad Max too, sigh

you fool

babypolis posted:

age of ultron was ok but you can see how its beggining to fray from all the stupid super hero bullshit

wonder how Marvel's like 50 year plan of movies is going to shake out in the end

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
serena williams looks like she could beat the poo poo out of most of the people in this movie

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
well OK whatever I just want to see one of those tennis ladies jack that stupid Jared Joker in the face while corny heroic music from the 60's plays over it

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

"BIFF!"

"ZAM!"

"POW!!"

gently caress it, they should just do a 60's Batman-style teamup movie, complete with 60's-era special effects

*a rubber fish thrown from offscreen knocks a gun out of a themed goon's hand*

"Thank heavens! Aquaman's here!"

*camera pans to show him rising out of water on what is plainly a fiberglass dolphin on a hydraulic lift*

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
it looks Dumb, bu also Not Fun

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I am like... 1,000 times more excited for the new season of netflix daredevil than I am for this movie

netflix daredevil is going to fight walking dead punisher; it'll be great

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Simstim posted:

I would enjoy a punisher trilogy that basically makes him a freeper living in obama's america who has a break from reality when his family is murdered. It could deconstruct superhero vigilantism by showing how violence escalates and how a one man judge, jury and executioner is inherently a fascist idea. and it could critique right wing media for feeding into his neurosis. punisher would think he is doing good but his actions result in more social fear, more criminal violence (his included), and more injustice. along with the actual drug lords, murders, and pimps that are usually found in these stories, he would also inevitably be executing criminals guilty of misdemenors and minor felonies. and there would be a race and class tint to his actions (even if he is unaware of it) where the majority of his targets are lower class minorities. the story could show the real cost of violence with grieving communities, mothers, widows, and fatherless children.

the real protagonist of the story would be a fbi everyman tasked with taking him down. just an ordinary man with a family trying to take down this psycho vigilante without getting killed in the process. the second film would be about this, the punisher on the run, trying to deliver justice to the unjust with the government breathing down his neck. the climax would be a ruby ridge/waco stand off where a bunch of cops get killed but punisher still escapes.

the fbi everyman would still be on his tail but the third movie would be about punisher (from character growth in the previous films) turning his attention to the rich and powerful. the drug king pins, gun manufacturers, financiers, politicians, etc. who make the lion share of money from crime poverty and corruption but are themselves untouchable. punisher would start assassinating the rich. this would make people in the government and outside of it really mad and afraid and the punisher's main antagonists in this film would a pmc the rich hire to hunt him down. then the punisher would die having ultimately failed in his quest.

it would be the anti-superhero superhero movie. and the overall theme of the trilogy would be about social disfunction.

yeah this would work; not even that far of a leap from the stuff already out there really

"the punisher is insane/deluded and his actions cause more harm than good" seems like a recurring theme, even if it isn't always the theme

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

midnightclimax posted:

BTW I didn't know the Punisher skull is also used to sell Chris Kyle merchandise.

http://www.forged.com/collections/the-legend

how has marvel not like sued these people into the ground lol

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

NutritiousSnack posted:

it doesn't look bad, just painfully average and boring.

the worst kind of movie, imo

I was hoping it was going to be ridiculously bad and I could go see it and be all "ha ha ha lol this is ridiculous" but NO they had to focus group and marketing team it into a grey/beige blob of Watchable Movie Product instead

gently caress the movie industry

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blazing Ownager posted:

I do have to say I am surprised Deadpool is going to be an R. Thank God.

I'm thinking it might be more on the good end of Fox Marvel movies, and not on the Fantastic Four end.

It kinda seems like they know what they're doing with it, yeah

I will get drunk and watch it

like any movie that tells me that X GON GIVE IT TO YA in the trailer

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

burritolingus posted:

Roger Corman still has the best Fantastic Four flick and that's shameful.

oh jesus you're right

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Also, for the love of god, please nobody pay for Kick rear end 2. I know that conversation about it earlier may have been intriguing, but do not pay for it, whatever you do.

It was v disappointing compared to the first one

pretty hard to beat Nicolas Cage as an even-more-deranged Batman

but yeah even ignoring that it could never live up to that it sucked real bad

I also recommend everyone check out Super

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 5, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
They need to give Corman like 5 grand and tell him to make a movie and then give it a wide release lol

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's like yeah the movie is a piece of poo poo in many ways but it is also more charming and fun than many many crappy wide release superhero movies

Used to be more charming fun poo poo movies instead of boring poo poo movies, dunno what happened man

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

gfanikf posted:

Then you need to be watching Punisher War Zone...and poo poo the first one with Dolph is legit good too...like seriously look at the director of that movie( Dolph one) and the poo poo he edited. I mean it's :stare:

I liked War Zone despite the obvious low budget of the production. Seemed like the director actually gave half a poo poo, too

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/punisher-war-zone/

I would pay to see another movie featuring a murderous NRA psychopath with a lot of sweet action and dark humor

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
saw the new FF movie in a double feature with Ant Man at a drive-in

FF is really boring and bad

it is the bad kind of Bad Movie; do not see it

I did get a laugh out of the flaccid "clobbering time" line usage near the end though I guess

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gatekeeper posted:

how was ant man? the concept seems extremely stupid but stupid things can sometimes make amazing movies like a tarantino

fun movie, treats dumb subject matter with the level of seriousness it deserves; lot of fun stuff visually with the shrinking and growing and teeny tiny action scenes

lot of people comparing it to guardians of the galaxy and that seems apt to me

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It might have been more interesting if they'd gone with the original weird dark scifi body horror but I still don't think it would have been good

Mike + Jay seem a little too enthused about this piece of poo poo

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
some kinda... Fantastic Four

that is almost literally the last scene in this movie lol

Oh and don't do head explosions unless you're going to make them R-movie head explosions; gently caress you Fox

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 10, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

EmmyOk posted:

I agree. With the Corman Film style uniforms and that contemporary version of 1960s America it would work really well imho

I think so, yeah

embrace the inherent goofiness/campiness of the characters and don't try to make it "cool" in terms of focus-grouped contemporary appeal

take the smallest of fuckin chances and make something neat

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
maybe they just need to start sorting the superheros into like the decades they are most suited for

all the really goofy ones go into the 60s where the universe follows like some kinda Adam West Batman logic
stick all of your kinda boring whitebread characters in the 40s or 50s
if there is neon in the costume at all or the name references some kind of outdated electronic thingy stick em in the 80s
maybe put your gritty antihero vigilante types in the 70s or 90s

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm all for this, but will the gritty guys from the 90s reference the boring guys from the 50s?

Gritty 90s Antihero will say something like "Who do you think I am, [Morally Upstanding 50s WhiteBread All-American]?" before like dispatching a bad guy in a totally s1ck 2cool fashion

It's all right here in the flowchart

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
must be at least one shot of Reed like sticking his neck around a corner and going "hey what's up in this room gang" or something

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

punisher war zone was garbage

Some people will say it was fun garbage, but it wasn't. It was just garbage :shobon:

it was at minimum fun garbage dude sorry

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

Kinda like the Brady Bunch Movie but with powers.

ha ha I would def watch it

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm OK with the onslaught of a 100 years of Marvel movies if we get a few fun movies out of it

recently they've been pretty unobjectionable even if I wasn't exactly falling over myself to see some of them

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

It would suck to fall in there. Seems like there should be some kind of deadman's switch at the very least.

poppin' some kinda Suicide Squat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Simstim posted:

now I want to see fat cop cyclop's with a gut so big he looks pregnant

*runs after bad guy*
*heaving*
gently caress it I'll just shoot him

was there ever even really a recurring fat guy in comics (it DOES NOT count if their superpower revolves around being really fat)

• Locked thread