Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Madcosby posted:

Are there videos of people telling the cops they dont understand and refusing to give the cops their info and what not and the cops letting htem go? Idont understand why they think this poo poo should work

Every now and then it looks like the cops aren't invested enough to argue with a nutjob or break his windows and arrest him so they're just like "whatever". The sovcits take this as some huge victory but basically all they did was be annoying enough that no one wants to deal with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

sov cits need to be killed en masse

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

i pray every day for cop death but id punch a sovereign citizen until my arms were just bloody stumps

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

In this video, he says he should be allowed to conduct his business. If he is conducting business, that means he is driving, not traveling. Thus he is subject to all the driving laws. What an idiot.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Cojawfee posted:

In this video, he says he should be allowed to conduct his business. If he is conducting business, that means he is driving, not traveling. Thus he is subject to all the driving laws. What an idiot.

driving laws do not require you to stop and answer questions asked by border patrol agents when you are nowhere near the border, though

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

driving laws do not require you to stop and answer questions asked by border patrol agents when you are nowhere near the border, though

You're obstructing my freedom of argument.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

I heard the INS claimed jurisdiction within 100mi of US borders. Seriously.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

DeusExMachinima posted:

I heard the INS claimed jurisdiction within 100mi of US borders. Seriously.

yeah and this unfortunately has been confirmed constitutional by the courts. you still are under no obligation to answer their questions, and good for anyone that refuses to. gently caress them.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

OFFICER I DEMAND TRIAL BY COMBAT

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

yeah and this unfortunately has been confirmed constitutional by the courts. you still are under no obligation to answer their questions, and good for anyone that refuses to. gently caress them.

Can you or anybody that feels this way explain why you feel this way other than "gently caress the government maaaaaannnnnn"

Funnily enough as it turns out, border patrol checkpoints are important to have on roads that lead in and out of the country and not just literally at the line on the exact marker for the border between countries, who would have thought

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 19, 2015

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

CJacobs posted:

Can you or anybody that feels this way explain why you feel this way other than "gently caress the government maaaaaannnnnn"

because security theatre is both insulting to me personally and a gigantic waste of time and tax dollars

e: highways as far as 75 miles away from the border are not "roads leading in and out of the country" you dumbass. I'm not arguing that border patrol shouldn't exist, I'm arguing that they shouldn't be flagging down random people nowhere near the border.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

because security theatre is both insulting to me personally and a gigantic waste of time and tax dollars

e: highways as far as 75 miles away from the border are not "roads leading in and out of the country" you dumbass. I'm not arguing that border patrol shouldn't exist, I'm arguing that they shouldn't be flagging down random people nowhere near the border.

lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's actually not a waste of anybody's time at all if you don't act like a tool

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
it's a waste of the government employee's time insofar as he could be getting paid to do something useful

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
it would literally be a better use of the government's resources if these checkpoints were just to offer people a chance to throw away any trash in their car to cut down on littering

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

LeoMarr posted:

squatters rights is an actual thing. If you pay property tax for long enough without the owner evicting you the property becomes yours. This happens a lot in CA, especially with foreclosed homes

It's not paying taxes that does it per se. It is treating that land as an owner might treat it given its characteristics. If the owner takes any action necessarily inconsistent with the squatter's ownership of the land the squatter's claim is defeated.

The doctrine is called adverse possession and exists partly to encourage people to not have land sitting idle. The time period varies.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They're barely even checkpoints. You pull off I10 into a converted weigh station, a man asks you if you're all citizens, you say yes, you drive 40-50 miles to the next one.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Crazyeyes posted:

I love sovereign citizen threads. That said listening to man-children scream as they are tased/beaten/arrested makes me very uncomfortable.
Taze screams have been the best part of YouTube since this classic: https://youtu.be/6bVa6jn4rpE?t=1m37s

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

projecthalaxy posted:

They're barely even checkpoints. You pull off I10 into a converted weigh station, a man asks you if you're all citizens, you say yes, you drive 40-50 miles to the next one.

what if I say "yes" but I'm lying

if the answer is "he can deduce you are not actually a citizen by other means" then there is no point in asking the question

if the answer is "he doesn't actually care whether you are or not but he has to ask the question because it's his job because this checkpoint is not actually intended to accomplish anything" then welp that's kind of my point

of course we all know that the real answer isn't either of these, though, right

Marxism
Feb 14, 2012

fyodor posted:

"WHOA WHOA WHOA I DIDN'T SAY YOU COULD USE YOUR GUN!"

In a fight to the death between a Cop and a Sovcit the true winner is society.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
border patrol is the kind of cop where your job really is solely to hassle people all day

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

ashgromnies posted:

there are a lot of black sovs/freemen actually

In Meads v Meads, Rooke specifically addresses the Moorish Temple types.

Its great: he discusses every other type of sov cit/freemen type donkeys by describing their beliefs structure and the way they do things, but only the Moorish Temple people he identifies as appearing to not be not all there:

[190] The exotic nature of the Moorish Law movement and its claims warrant some comment, as casual exposure to a Moorish Law litigant may lead an observer to suspect mental impairment or disorder.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

border patrol is the kind of cop where your job really is solely to hassle people all day

its pretty great though

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

fyodor posted:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

LeoMarr posted:

sov cits need to be killed en masse

LITERALLY. THIS. Only thing I came to post.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

CJacobs posted:

It's actually not a waste of anybody's time at all if you don't act like a tool

imma take the extremely controversial position that there's a distinction between NO LAWS APPLY TO ME EVAR and "the border is >25 miles thataway"

someone please save us and post sovcits getting tazed

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
My favorite is that fat bitch getting tackled from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyy9Vns4Ias

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
how could such clever wordplay ever fail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io0pdu8jkic

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I am a good christian girl because when I got this guy to pound my puss he had gold fringe on his dick so I only lost my admiralty virginity, not my Virginity as a citizen of the united states and a woman traveling the land

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

what if I say "yes" but I'm lying

if the answer is "he can deduce you are not actually a citizen by other means" then there is no point in asking the question

if the answer is "he doesn't actually care whether you are or not but he has to ask the question because it's his job because this checkpoint is not actually intended to accomplish anything" then welp that's kind of my point

of course we all know that the real answer isn't either of these, though, right

Hey dumbass those checkpoints exist to stop people who made it past the actual border when they shouldn't have, they're not for you, which is why they let you go if you say yes. It's because they already know you're a legal citizen since the previous checkpoints let you through, and only an idiot would say 'no'. If you weren't they would have heard about it and been ready to be like "actually we heard otherwise lol". The only reason they still ask anyway is because they are legally still required to stop you because you are in a car going down their highway. I can't believe you're actually this much of an idiot, it's common sense dude.

On topic, Here is an article by Forbes explaining what sovereign citizens are that pretty much calls them dumbasses after lolling that Glenn Beck thinks sov cits don't exist for some weird reason.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 19, 2015

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

sugar free jazz posted:

I am a good christian girl because when I got this guy to pound my puss he had gold fringe on his dick so I only lost my admiralty virginity, not my Virginity as a citizen of the united states and a woman traveling the land

Worked for Bristol Palin.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I DONT FOLLOW THE LAW I AM A SOV CIT Officer

Well Im above the law *double knee caps sovcit*

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Last 2 seconds make it.
"Who would have thought of that nazi behaviour!"

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

aint nobody pulling this dude over for poo poo

I'd let this dandy Robber baron the poo poo out of me

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CJacobs posted:

Hey dumbass those checkpoints exist to stop people who made it past the actual border when they shouldn't have, they're not for you, which is why they let you go if you say yes. It's because they already know you're a legal citizen since the previous checkpoints let you through, and only an idiot would say 'no'. If you weren't they would have heard about it and been ready to be like "actually we heard otherwise lol". The only reason they still ask anyway is because they are legally still required to stop you because you are in a car going down their highway. I can't believe you're actually this much of an idiot, it's common sense dude.

i dont think anyone gives a poo poo what the justifications are, setting up checkpoints and detaining people arbitrarily is one of those things that really should be a violation of the constitution (even if it isn't because of some legal "interpretation" bullshit)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It sure is a good thing that they explicitly don't detain you then, even those jerks in that vid I linked were free to go after they declined to answer since being a dickhead =/= reasonable suspicion.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CJacobs posted:

It sure is a good thing that they explicitly don't detain you then, even those jerks in that vid I linked were free to go after they declined to answer since being a dickhead =/= reasonable suspicion.

so you can just drive past and not stop then? i doubt it

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I would like to see those cops try to pull me over, just try it smokey. As soon as they get to my window BAM I'll quickly reach below my seat and present my pocket constitution (her name is Liberty). Suckers won't know what hit em, I'm armed with knowledge baby

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

CJacobs posted:

not if you're a brown dickhead lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

sugar free jazz posted:

I would like to see those cops try to pull me over, just try it smokey. As soon as they get to my window BAM I'll quickly reach below my seat and present my pocket constitution (her name is Liberty). Suckers won't know what hit em, I'm armed with knowledge baby

make sure to use Uhhhhh and Ummmmm as much as possible

• Locked thread