Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Arteezyrage.gif

---------------------

Welcome to the 5th edition of the Professional Dota Discussion thread! (Previous threads 1 2 3 4) There are professional Defense of the Ancients Two events taking place every day all over the world, and this is the place for live reactions and commentary. Posting here is more relaxed than in the main Dota 2 thread, and more in line with SAS GDT or TVIV style posting.

The main Dota 2 thread is located here.

It's that time of year again! The International is a yearly tournament hosted by Valve. The top teams from around the world are invited to come and compete for a first place prize that grows more and more every year. The International currently boasts a:
prize pool! Wow! This is achieved through the sale of Compendiums and Compendium levels. More info is located here

Schedule
Wild Card Tourney: July 26, starting at 9 AM PDT

Group Stage: July 27-30, starting at 9 AM PDT

Main Stage: August 3-8, starting at 10 AM PDT

Where to watch
Your main source for Twitch streams will be here. That link will take you to the full International broadcasting spectrum that Valve will provide. Its gonna be needed, as during the Group Stages there are gonna be 3 matches going simultaneously. More info for where to watch will be provided on the main page for TI5, which is here.

The Teams

wait
something's not right here

oh right here they are:
The Teams
♔ = Captain
Cloud9

"In my opinion, Could 9 is one of the most exciting teams in Dota to watch. You get the personalities, the crazy drafts and, more often than not, some of the most intense Dota 2 games that you'll ever see." -Andy 'Draskyl' Styles
Roster:
Jacky "EternalEnvy" Mao - Carry
Adrian "FATA" Trinks - Mid
Johan "BigDaddy / NoTail" Sundstein - Support
Pittner "Bone7/Bone-chan" Armand - Offlaner ♔
Rasmus "Misery" Filipsen - Support

Complexity

"Complexity's success has been forged through grueling perseverance and unrivaled strength of will. CoL has gritted through thick and thin, finding victory after victory despite facing adversity from all fronts." - Ben "Merlini" Wu
Roster:
Zakari "Zfreek" Freedman - Support
Kyle "SWINDLEMELONZZ" Freedman - Mid ♔
Luis "Zyzz" Perez - Carry
David "Moonmeander" Tan - Offlaner
Tal "Simbaa" Aizik - Support

EHOME

"The combination of rookies and veterans on the EHOME roster is highly anticipated, especially on how much they can evolve this tournament; will they be the dark horse? No one should overlook this legendary 'new team'" - Lingxiang "Haitao" Zhou
Roster:
Zhang "Lanm" Zhicheng - Support
Chen " CTY" Tianyu - Mid
Yang "Yang" Pu - Carry
Bai "ROTK" Fan - Offlaner ♔
Liang "DDC" Faming - Support

Team Empire

"The International 5 is the place where Resolut1on will prove his title of the best CIS mid player. I predict that this year Empire will have a place at the top." - Roman "Casperrr" Lepyohin
Roster:
Andrey "ALWAYSWANNAFLY" Bondarenko - Support
Roman "Resolut1on" Fominok - Mid ♔
Airat "Silent" Gaziev - Carry
Maxim "Yoky" Kim - Offlaner
Ilya "ALOHADANCE" Korobkin - Support

Evil Genuises

"From the boy wonder Suma1L to the old man Fear there is so much to work with but my eyes always move towards UNiVeRsE on the offlane where I feel the games are won for EG." - Toby "Tobiwan" Dawson
Roster:
Kurits "Aui_2000" Ling - Support
Syed "Suma1L" Hassan - Mid
Clinton "Fear" Loomis - Carry
Saahil "UNiVeRsE" Arora - Offlaner
Peter "ppd" Dager - Hard Support ♔

Fnatic

Southeast Asia was once the home of the most dominant teams in Dota. Team Fnatic hosts some of the most respected and talented layers to show that this region can rise to the top once again." - Austin "Capitalist" Walsh
Roster:
Fadil bin Mohd "Kecik Imba" Raziff - Support
Chai Yee "Mushi" Fung - Mid ♔
Lee Kang "KYXY" Yang - Carry
Chong Xin "Ohaiyo" Khoo - Offlaner
Siong Tait "Johnny" Lee - Support

Invictus Gaming

Former TI champions, they can out play and out pick their enemies with precision at times but they would get drafted into a corner by their enemies at times. Their primary weapon is Chuan and Faith making enough space for their 3 cores to shine. - Chan Litt "Winter" Binn
Roster:
Wong Hock "Chuan" Chuan - Support
Luo "Ferrari_430" Feichi - Mid
Xu "Burning" Zhilei - Carry
Luo "Luo" Yingi - Offlaner
Zeng "Faith" Hongda - Support ♔

LGD Gaming

"You'd struggle to find a captain more accomplished at TI5 than xiao8. With a roster just as talented as last year's champions Newbee, LGD look to replicate the magic of their 2012 squad." - David "GoDz" Parker
Roster:
Zhang "xiao8" Ning - Support ♔
Lu "Maybe" Yao - Mid
Liu "Sylar" Jiajun - Carry
Yao "Yao" Zhengzheng - Offlaner
Lei "MMY!" Zengrong - Hard Support

MVP.Hot6

MVP.Hot6 is my favorite team going into TI5 due to their proper usage of their heroes in strats, the insane roam and outplay of their supports, and the extreme consistency from their core roles. - Kevin "Purge" Godec
Roster:
Jesse "Jerax" Vainlkka - Support
Lee "SunBhie" Jeong-jae - Offlaner
Lee "Heen" Seung-gon - Hard Support ♔
Pyo "MP" No-a - Mid
Lee "Forev" Sang-don - Carry

Natus Vincere

The old magic returned just in time for Na'Vi to make it to their 5th TI in a row. Dendi plays like a man possessed, and Artstyle has returned with a swagger they've long been lacking." - David "LD" Gorman
Roster:
Oleksandr "XBOCT" Dashkevych - Carry
Danil "Dendi" Ishutin - Mid
Gleb "Funn1k" Lipatnikov - Offlaner
Akbar "Sonne1ko" Butaev - Hard Support
Ivan "Artstyle" Antonov - Support ♔

Newbee :siren: DEFENDING CHAMPS :siren:

These former TI champions are very dangerous. Last year they came back from the brink of elimination and ended up dominationg/ Do not underestimate this team, and especially mid player Mu of whom I expect great things. - Jorien "Sheever" Van der Heijden
Roster:
Wang "Rabbit" Zhang - Carry
Zhang "Mu" Pan - Mid
Lin "June" Shiyang - Offlaner ♔
Wang "Banana" Jiao - Support
Wang "Sansheng" Zhaohui - Support

Team Secret

It's been a long time in the history of Dota since we've seen a team look this unstoppable. They not only reliably provide win after win, but also incredible play after play. What's the key to their success? All I know is: it's Secret. - Owen "ODPixel" Davis
Roster:
Artour "Arteezy" Babaev - Carry
Gustav "s4" Magnusson - Mid ♔
Clement "Puppey" Ivanov - Support
Ludwig "Zai" Wahlberg - Offlaner
Kuro Salehi "Kuroky" Takhasomi - Hard Support

Vici Gaming

Vici gaming has a fantastic roster with the likes of FY and Super but I think every team needs a character, a flair player, a maverick - and with iceiceice they have a barely-tamed wild STALLION - Ted "Pyrion Flax" Forsyth
Roster:
Lu "Fenrir" Chao - Support
Xie "Super" Junhao - Mid
Chien "Hao" Zhihao - Carry
Daryl Koh "iceiceice" Pei Xiang - Offlaner
Xu "FY" Linsen - Hard Support ♔

Virtus.Pro

Virtus.Pro is this year's top CIS team. Known for their relentless aggression and innovative drafting by captain and shot-caller Artem "fng" Barshak, VP looks to secure the first CIS TI victory since Na'Vi in 2011. - Ken "Hotbid" Chen
Roster:
Ilya "lil" Ilyuk - Support
Sergey "God" Bragin - Mid
Ilya "Illidan" Pivcaev - Carry
Alexander "DKPhobos" Kucheria - Offlaner
Artem "FNG" Barshak - Hard Support ♔

Team Archon

It seems like every year a western team of raw and rambunctious talent will sneak their way into TI, and this year it's Archon. I'mvery curious to see what tricks are up the sleeves of these under dogs! - Dakota "KotlGuy" Cox
Roster:
Scott "Chad" Jensen - Support
Steven "Korok" Ashworth - Mid ♔
Chris "Ush" Usher - Carry
Arif "MSS" Anwar - Offlaner
Ioannis "Fogged" Loucas - Hard Support

CDEC

Despite roster changes at the beginning of the year, including the loss of Mikasa and Maybe, CDEC still qualified for TI5 and looked very strong. Agressif and Shiki stepped up to the plate and gave CDEC fans around the world a reason to cheer. - Andrew "Zyori" Campbell
Roster:
Liu "Garder" Xinzhou - Support
Huang "Shiki" Jiwei - Mid
Sun "Agressif" Zheng - Carry
Chen "XZ" Zezhi - Oflaner
Fu "Q" Bin - Support ♔

MVP Phoenix

March has consistently shown himself to be the best captain in Korea, helping to nurture his team into an absolute powerhouse. Consistent drafting, and understanding the meta, makes Phoenix absolutely capable of making a splash at the International. - William "Blitz" Lee
Roster:
Kim "Febby" Yong-min - Support
Kim "QO" Seon-yeob - Mid
Damien "Kphoenii" Chok - Carry
Park "March" Tae-won - Offlaner ♔
Wong Jeng "Nutz" Yih - Support

Vega Squadron

Three very young players in the same team with CIS gurus Solo and Mag, show great promise. This is a team that is not afraid to showcase and test new strategies, a team that is sure of its players and a team that can accomplish many things. - Vitalii "V1lat" Volochaii
Semion "CemaTheSlayeR" Krivulya - Support ♔
Vladimir "No[o]ne" Minenko - Mid
Pavel "9pashaebashu" Hvastunov - Carry
Andrey "Mag" Chipenko - Offlaner
Alexei "Solo" Berezin - Hard Support

What can I earn for watching this and other events?
By watching games in client or on Twitch, you can earn special ingame drops. These drops will be tied to specific ingame events, such as first bloods or multikills, and will be tagged with the time, date, and players involved. For most tournaments, you will have to have bought the ticket to be eligible for drops.

I want to earn cool hat drops and level up my Meepo set but I'm stuck going to the movies with my wife. What can I do?
You have two options. Using the console command dota_spectator_auto_spectate_games leagueid you can set Dota 2 to automatically join tournament games of a given tournament. See this page for individual league IDs. Alternatively, you can link your twitch.tv account to Steam, making you eligible for ingame item drops.

UPDATE: There is now a tickbox on each tournament page allowing you to autospectate games.

I'm having issues with Twitch/DailyMotion/Ustream/whatever. Help!

Kyrosiris posted:

I have noticed that people who have stream issues with either Twitch or DailyMotion have them considerably reduced with Livestreamer.

https://github.com/chrippa/livestreamer/releases + a batch file that you can make to auto-run for you: http://pastebin.com/iuMuZVdN

Now along with Livestreamer comes a much easier and nicer to look at version of it packaged as Twitch Livestreamer GUI which can be found here.
---------------------------------------

List of casters/personalities attending in official capacity:
English
Kaci Aitchinson | Host
ReDeYe[1] | Host
TobiWan[2]
LD[3]
BlitzDota[4]
ODPixel[5]
GoDz[6]
Zyori[7]
Kotlguy[8]
PyrionFlax[9]
SyndereN[10]
Purge[11]
Capitalist[12]
Draskyl[13]
Wagamama[14]
Winter[15]
Merlini[16] | Analyst Desk
7ckngMad[17] | Analyst Desk
Nahaz[18] | Analyst Desk
Sheever[19] | Analyst Desk
NoxvilleZA[20] | Statistics
Hot_Bid[21] | Interviews
Weppas[22] | Observer
skrff[23] | Observer

Russian

AdekvatTV[24]
Maelstorm[25]
mob5ter[26]
MistaFaker[27]
ARS-ART[28]
GodHunt[29]
NS[30] | Analyst Desk
xeozor[31] | Interviews

Chinese

Haitao
Xiaotian
DC
Laodang
MuMu
BBC
Zycj
Freeagain
AMS
PC Cold
Danche
Lin
Miao
Watt
CuoJue

above list shamelessly ctrl+c ctrl+v'd from reddit, will update with linL.p.ks to twitters/proper formatting tomorrow maybe idk

Links & Other Stuff
Alright so looking back at the old OP a lot of that was just copied and pasted I wanna get it updated. Anyone got links to useful sites for keeping track of news/watching games live? I'm not sure what's good and what isn't anymore, stuff keeps on updating faster than I pay attention to it.
http://dailydota2.com/
http://www.trackdota.com/ for if you can't watch video, they have all the stats realtime.

thegreatcodfish posted:

Add this calendar in Gmail, it has all the times and who is casting: barbershopthegreat@gmail.com
Twitch Chat Reporter, run by James 2GD Harding gonna be bringing you peeks into the backstage area along with general 2GD shenanigans
hotbid interviews with many players/personalities
Memes-R-Us, your one stop shop for any and all thread memes!

quote:

HEY KOROK SHOULD I MAX SHADOW STRIKE LIKE YOU CAME OUT OF THE SHADOWS TO STRIKE YOUR GF, BLINK LIKE SHE DID WHEN YOU PUNCHED HER IN THE FACE, SCREAM OF PAIN LIKE THE ONE SHE LET OUT AS YOU MALICIOUSLY ATTACKED HER OR SONIC WAVE LIKE THE ONE EMITTED BY THE POLICE SIRENS AS THEY APPREHENDED YOU?

TOP NOTCH GOON-POSTS

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Empire is boring and poo poo I wish they didn't go to TI
how me a frog, top notch goon posts right here
new thread now with 100% less image leeching!

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
New thread made in preparation for TI5 which will be happening over the course of the next two weeks

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Ready to lose my Bugatti's in stunning record time

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Never forget TI4 and the Performance Lost To The Either

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

hope every chinese team is knocked out in the first round of the losers bracket ftw

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Who is the fifth player for LGD? You only list 4. Voted one

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Katie Kate's performance lasted longer than the ti4 finals

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Sphyre posted:

hope every chinese team is knocked out in the first round of the losers bracket ftw

I hope there's a chinese team in every game so the thread posters get super mad.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Secret vs EG finals or do we get a dark horse? Stay tuned!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I am rooting for all the teams, I hope everyone does their best and we get to see some good Dota

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
Begin caster whining: Less TobiWan more Draskyl and Blitz please

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I want MVP to win because then every region will get crushed by Korean teams forever.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
I want to see a team run a weird strat and win with it, just like how TI4 DK broke out a game-winning Junglenaut during the group stage.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Goodpancakes posted:

Who is the fifth player for LGD? You only list 4. Voted one

what i dont know what ur talkin about buddy maybe you should get ur eyes chequed Xd

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I just want Burning to win.

that's all hi

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Bloodseeker/Lesh 100% ban please.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Screw that; All Angry Centaur, All The Time

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
if i hosed anything else up in the OP make a note of it in thread and I'll try to get it fixed tomorrow

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Slacks has some videos up that are like 10 minute long rundowns of each team and their player history but he only did like 5 of them eff why eye

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

:siren: Links for TI5 Streams :siren:

http://player.twitch.tv/?channel=dota2ti HTML5 Twitch

http://www.dota2.com/watch/76561198198486997 Elite Valve HMTL5 Streaming Platform

drunken officeparty posted:

Slacks has some videos up that are like 10 minute long rundowns of each team and their player history but he only did like 5 of them eff why eye

They're not good and 70-90% of what he says is fabricated.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
HTML5 links :worship:

If I use the Valve streamer am I still eligible for item drops? I've never gotten one, but I'm curious

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hmm... OP seems to be missing the "Everyone hates all the Casters" bit and we're likely gonna get a lot of mileage out of this in the coming weeks:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The hot bid interviews are also going up already. Few of them up and MSS was the best one because he called out mouz nasty ahaha.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

GreyPowerVan posted:

I just want Burning to win.

that's all hi

Burning Sanders

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Kild posted:

:siren: Links for TI5 Streams :siren:

http://player.twitch.tv/?channel=dota2ti HTML5 Twitch

http://www.dota2.com/watch/76561198198486997 Elite Valve HMTL5 Streaming Platform

They're not good and 70-90% of what he says is fabricated.

This is amazing beyond belief. It's 100x better than the default Twitch player. Thank you so much for introducing me to this -- I'm going to use it from now on whenever I watch streams.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah Luna you should probably replace the c9 logo with that pic of envy for easy reference.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Love Stole the Day posted:

This is amazing beyond belief. It's 100x better than the default Twitch player. Thank you so much for introducing me to this -- I'm going to use it from now on whenever I watch streams.

just use Livestreamer you dingus.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Both MVPs will be in the final, Hot6 will beat Phoenix

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
IT shall begin.

I'm hoping CDEC and MVP advance as I picked them to :V

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The Darude set was loving legendary mind

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

EG wins this year, book it. USA #1 Now and Forever :911:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pjliE37ENY&t=18s

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
The weirdest thing about The International is that every year someone will demonstrate a new, creative, and unconventional way of playing a hero and then all of the people who flamed you when you tried to do it in the past will circlejerk about how genius it is and act like they always knew it was legit.

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
Should I sell my elder timebreaker if it breaks 140eur again or save it for my retirement?

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Wait holy poo poo, the group matches start in 2 days? For some reason I thought the wildcards were several days early. :holy:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Love Stole the Day posted:

The weirdest thing about The International is that every year someone will demonstrate a new, creative, and unconventional way of playing a hero and then all of the people who flamed you when you tried to do it in the past will circlejerk about how genius it is and act like they always knew it was legit.

Sorry, but eth blade lina and no boots furion are not going to be at ti5.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Nanomashoes posted:

Sorry, but eth blade lina and no boots furion are not going to be at ti5.

Stats-tidebringer mid kunkka with tranqs and crit sticks will win TI5, fact.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
So are we not getting group stage predictions this year in the compendium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
Looking forward to seeing jacky mao on tilt every game.

• Locked thread