Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Forrest's continued technological ignorance for some reason is hilarious to me. The way he asked "Another dot?" cracked me up way too much.

Also somehow my wish that he become ruined financially probably just came true :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I know all the zip codes!

...that's weird.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
I love this loving show. The way he fell down the stairs after being stabbed.

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick

Brightman posted:

Forrest's continued technological ignorance for some reason is hilarious to me. The way he asked "Another dot?" cracked me up way too much.

Same here. Usually it's just a throwaway line here or there, but they really ran with the gag this time. Also: "Thanks to my complete ignorance of professional sports, I had chosen the face of a shortstopman for the Los Angeles Dodgers." It's as if Forrest is almost completely oblivious of the modern world, current events, and pop culture. He doesn't consume any kind of media.

God I love this show.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Illinois Smith posted:

I hope next episode has both MacNeils living in Forrest's office, unless his dad has a third house somewhere.

I loving love this show.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Forrest's Dad is the best, dancing outside with the intern and his girlfriend.

That was my favorite part of the episode.

That and "w... w... w... Dot..."

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I thought for sure he was going to accidentally hook Suzanne up with the handsome shortstopman

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I was totally expecting "I.L. Salazar" to be an anagram and the second segment would turn out to be a revenge plot from the shortstop. I paused, got a pen and tried to work it out. If you use the less popular but still real spelling of "Salezar," you're only a letter off from "Liar sleaze." Close, but not quite.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Maxwell Lord posted:

That was my favorite part of the episode.

That and "w... w... w... Dot..."

I thought it was lame when they first did the joke, but later on when he mentions searching something on "doubleyew doubleyew doubleyew dot google dot com" i burst out laughing

i never knew forest was supposed to be bad at computers he seems like a nerd

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Forrest is just oblivious about everything. Technology, sports, pop culture, you name it. It's beautiful.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nameless Pete posted:

I was totally expecting "I.L. Salazar" to be an anagram and the second segment would turn out to be a revenge plot from the shortstop.

Glad I wasn't the only one to think this. It's such an odd name, they had to do it on purpose to send us down this path.

e: v v v I agree that it's probably the worst of the series, but I still enjoyed it a lot. I like shows where I still enjoy their lowest points.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 29, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Really boring episode. Worst of the series.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I thought for sure he was going to accidentally hook Suzanne up with the handsome shortstopman

There's still time!

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

One of my friends refuses to watch this show because she says it's "too painful" to watch. That's the whole point! :psyduck:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Really boring episode. Worst of the series.
I know who I'm responding to here, but that's quite an exaggeration. However, I did feel it was sorta underwhelming. I like to think it's partially because Forrest didn't end up loving up his own life or the life of someone around him (we'll have to see what happened to his dad next episode).

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What episode would you put below this one? Aside from the Google joke I don't think I laughed once.

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

the hallway story and the slow and deliberate stabbing were fantastic I really liked that ep

but regardless of all that, I know this has (I think) been in the show since episode 1, but this part of the intro has just been getting funnier to me every time I see it

it's so loving absurd and dismissive

hambeef fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 30, 2015

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

hambeef posted:

the hallway story and the slow and deliberate stabbing were fantastic I really liked that ep

but regardless of all that, I know this has (I think) been in the show since episode 1, but this part of the intro has just been getting funnier to me every time I see it

Personally I always laugh at Forrest trying to copy Stephen Hawking in the second season opening, with "Babysitting" being a close second.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

Personally I always laugh at Forrest trying to copy Stephen Hawking in the second season opening, with "Babysitting" being a close second.

The quick babysitting shot is so dark and so so funny.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

BlackJosh posted:

The quick babysitting shot is so dark and so so funny.

I really hope the police interact with Forrest more often, his refusal to stop breaking character and explain why he's doing all of the absurd things he does is part of what makes the show great.

Before the episode where Forrest seduces the teacher, I had this little theory that the show never actually aired anywhere; all those requests he gets on the show were staged and his producer was just having Forrest destroy his and others' lives for shits and giggles.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Just rewatched episode 1 and I love how terrified he is of getting arrested for shoplifting in light of all the poo poo he does during the rest of the series.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

dik-dik posted:

Just rewatched episode 1 and I love how terrified he is of getting arrested for shoplifting in light of all the poo poo he does during the rest of the series.
Simpler times....

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

FireWorksWell posted:

I really hope the police interact with Forrest more often, his refusal to stop breaking character and explain why he's doing all of the absurd things he does is part of what makes the show great.

Before the episode where Forrest seduces the teacher, I had this little theory that the show never actually aired anywhere; all those requests he gets on the show were staged and his producer was just having Forrest destroy his and others' lives for shits and giggles.

My best friend finally got around to watching the first season a few days ago and was texting me about it. After some discussion he asked me if it was possible that Producer Grant was the devil. Personally I'm pretty sure he's just a sociopath and/or someone who knows what exactly what the show is in the same way we know it.

Also, and I may be remembering wrong, but I thought the implication was the show was Forrest's idea, including the part about not letting him stop, even if he begs, and Grant is, for whatever potentially evil reason, happy to oblige.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Brightman posted:

My best friend finally got around to watching the first season a few days ago and was texting me about it. After some discussion he asked me if it was possible that Producer Grant was the devil. Personally I'm pretty sure he's just a sociopath and/or someone who knows what exactly what the show is in the same way we know it.

Also, and I may be remembering wrong, but I thought the implication was the show was Forrest's idea, including the part about not letting him stop, even if he begs, and Grant is, for whatever potentially evil reason, happy to oblige.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I just get "Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret" vibes from both Forrest and Grant.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Yeah I doubt the show would bust out the supernatural angle this late in the game. I think your assessment is spot on. Definitely think the show was originally Forrest's idea and Grant is just the world's luckiest sociopath for having met him.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
My friend also pointed out that Grant used the same motivational speech twice in the first season, once for eating 15 pancakes and then again for I think quitting your job. The thing about "this could be your penicillin".

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

dik-dik posted:

Yeah I doubt the show would bust out the supernatural angle this late in the game.

Forrest is another player in the almighty battle between good and evil.

Anyone who doesn't listen to Daly's episodes of Comedy Bang Bang is really missing out.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

EL BROMANCE posted:

Forrest is another player in the almighty battle between good and evil.

Anyone who doesn't listen to Daly's episodes of Comedy Bang Bang is really missing out.

I would lose my poo poo if the series ended with Forrest jumping out of a window to his death.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That would be perfect.

I wonder if they have an endgame in mind for the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Andy Daly says they didn't expect to be renewed for a second season so they kind of wrote without that in mind.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
You're like an elf!

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Party Jacket!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whomp whomp!

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
"We were playing the Giants, I was craving a MILF..."

Ahaha this is a real good twist on the "Make a Wish Come True" thing.

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 4, 2015

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
96 days! I did not see this coming at all

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

When this season is over someone should go back and tally up all the time because there have been some pretty big gaps.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
I love that the father moved in with Forrest's ex and her new baseball playing boyfriend.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

hambeef posted:

Anyone notice that during the intro when the pages are flipping right after his "Life, it's literally all we have" line, there's a picture of him looking bored while reviewing "Ennui" and giving it two stars? I don't know if that's new to this season or if it's old and I just never noticed it before because it goes by so fast.

I hope Forrest's assistant, Lucille, isn't gone from the show while she sues him. That would be a sole disappointment in a crazy good season. She brings a great "sick of this poo poo" energy to the proceedings, and her utter hatred for Forrest is hilarious.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Nichael posted:

I hope Forrest's assistant, Lucille, isn't gone from the show while she sues him. That would be a sole disappointment in a crazy good season. She brings a great "sick of this poo poo" energy to the proceedings, and her utter hatred for Forrest is hilarious.
"Getting sued for negligence. One and a half stars."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
That certainly was soulcrushing to watch :stare: .

• Locked thread