Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is your 7th-round pick?
Pro Bowler
Future Hall of Famer
Gets the key to every city in America
Future President of the Universe
View Results

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Sanders Commings will be out for the season by August 18th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Menamino posted:

it could just be a 2014 receiver class thing, he got smoked by a dude smaller than him last season too

In other Giants' "best shape of his life" news:

The funeral for Victor Cruz will be held in the north Metlife stadium endzone on August 5th.

Has anyone seen video of him running or cutting or jumping or ANYTHING?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

OC Hue Jackson on offensive creativity: "We are going to open Pandora's box. Last year we just tickled it."

More Sanu TD passes.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

loving poo poo. Perpetually missing our probowl defensive players.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

The Chiefs don't have everyone report until tomorrow and their only running back currently in camp got hurt. Chase Daniel lined up at RB yesterday just to have someone out there in the position.

On Wednesday some guy from Central Missouri tweeted the Chiefs his highlights (spoiler: he breaks a lot of long runs against D2 athletes), yesterday they signed him.

Ehud you should tweet the Dolphins that you're willing to play OL.

e: Oh crap I almost missed a chance to post angry mule

My wife has a UCM shirt that we got at a yard sale. The angry mule does not make Missouri look any more civilized in the eyes of the rest of the world.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ehud posted:

@MaryKayCabot: #browns bowe on mccown: "he's showing all the potential of being a top 5 QB in the NFL"

Bowe just better hope he catches a TD this year.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Parmesan Basil posted:

Lol how are there so many goons who know where Warrensburg is

I live 45 minutes away from it and have worked with multiple people from Whiteman. So +1

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

If Something Awful has a home base it is definitely KC, Kyanka went to Rockhurst for god's sake.

Ewwwww

Where should I go to grad school in KC for an MBA?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Grew up in the southwest of the state and I love to drive

What County? I was in Barton.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chromatic posted:

finefinefine.

At the very least, Parm should be glad that this is probably going to be Alex Smith's last year of goodwill with the media and the fans. A lot of casual, happy-go-lucky fans I know started to get a whiff of doubt last year especially after that pathetic 2 minute drill against Arizona where he threw nothing but 3 yard dump offs that were smothered.

He's got an upgraded o-line, probably the best receiving group he's ever had and the best ground game he's ever had. Seriously. Charles, Maclin, and Kelce are better than Gore, Davis, and Crabtree. So if he continues to put up safe Alex Smith numbers, I can see a huge part of the fanbase and media getting antsy and starting to turn on him.

He's out of excuses.

Unfortunate, because he can't be cut until 2017 season. I mean, I guess he could be a post June 1, but the reality is he is the QB for at least 2, probably 3 more years, even if he's bad.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs are on Inside Training Camp right now.

e: they're making GBS threads on Alex Smith, Parm this segment is for you.

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 3, 2015

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

Okay how about the Seahawks ran nickle 59% of the time last year and the Chiefs run a similar defense and we should all start talking about how there are now three starters at corner because that's the new base?

Marcus Peters is going to start while Sean Smith is suspended and then he's going to keep starting. Like Justin Houston, the Chiefs benefit on a player falling for something other than football.

Pron on VHS posted:

The other preseason star so far for KC is Philip Gaines so their CB depth is very sexy right now

The secondary was alright last year, but it looks like it's getting major upgrades.

Gaines - In second year and healthy.
Berry - No more cancer
Peters - Awesome Rookie
Nelson - Awesome Rookie?
Parker - Full Time Safety
Branch - plzbehealthy

And then there's still
Abdullah - Awesome, one of my favorites
Smith - Gonna be 13 games of contract year play from one of the best anyway. I'd love it if we kept him after this year. His suspension saved us 800k that we can give him as a bonus to make the numbers look bigger next year. Edit: $926,470.00

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 3, 2015

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

What do you think his contact is? I could see us giving him something slightly better than we gave Parker. That's probably not going to do it, huh?

e: oh yeah, he's getting more than Parker.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

So we still need to lock up.... Poe, Smith, Berry, DJ, Hali, DeVito, Abdullah and a couple lower priority players as well. Maybe Branch if he performs.

I guess all that cap space we had is going to get used.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Oh hey, the Chiefs signed L'Damian Washington. He probably won't stick but cool.

Some of you might remember him from this Grantland video before the draft last year.

e: Wow he's bounced around a lot already. Practice squad or offseason roster guy for Dallas, 49ers, Giants, Browns, Dolphins, Steelers and now Chiefs.

It'd be nice if he could stick, but I ain't holding out hope.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

...crab fries?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

To me camp is all about half your fans saying how good your defense/offense looks and then the other half saying that's because how poo poo our offense/defense is going to be. It's a tradition.

You sound like you've been reading arrowheadpride.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ross Angeles posted:

Lol Alex Smith got picked off by a cancer patient

It was Aaron Murray.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

The thought of him busting hurts more and more each day even though it is what I expect to happen

You've been a Titans fan for too long.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Metapod posted:

You don't understand your team doesn't draft qbs

No, we find ways to spend more than one draft pick on a QB.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ross Angeles posted:

Not really concerned about the Chiefs with Alex Smith, a shaky OL, and decreased use from Charles. Our team actually got better this offseason, so enjoy sharing the basement with the Raiders, if they don't sweep you, that is.

look at this salty fellow.

are you still having panic attacks about drafting melvin gordon?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

And the Chiefs won 9 with no OL, no WR, and a complete lack of run defense.

Let's be honest, the only AFCW team that doesn't have a chance at cracking 10 wins is Oakland.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ross Angeles posted:

San Diego absolutely upgraded their OL it might be the most improved OL in the league.

with Orlando Franklin?

Who did you sign that makes you think your line will be that much better?

wait, was Fluker injured last year?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

"nuthin gonna stop me but a bloccin sled"

"if they thro me the drat ball faster, i won't hit no sleds"

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Parmesan Basil posted:

Maclin and Marcus Cooper got into it at camp today. Maclin apparently threw the first punch too.

See ya Cooper.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ehud posted:

dolphins update

tannehill completed 4 deep balls yesterday and we are going to the super bowl

yeah but anyone can buy tickets.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

In what universe does fighting Cam Newton seem like a good idea? The guy is bigger than almost every linebacker in the league.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Parmesan Basil posted:

I just wish the KC Metro area had a sliver of a redeeming quality to it. Missouri suburbs suck, Kansas suburbs suck, the city itself had to shutter half the schools...

Um...

I want to argue with you, but uh. I think the Missouri burbs are alright.

Downtown KC sucks. Power and Light sucks because I'm not a bro.

I have to pay KC an additional 1% of my income for the privilege of working in the city proper.

Royals bandwagon fans are awful as poo poo.

But I still like it here way better than Wisconsin.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

DOOP posted:

You got BBQ, right?

you learn to make your own. He must have left the area before it osmosised it's way into his brain.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

But especially joco

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

What a time we live in where I can read a national thread about NFL training camp where multiple people bag on my hometown out of the blue.

I still live and work here. Let's do lunch.

E: wait who is the chiefs goon who is super goony

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Well as long as he has his valid excuse card filled up, I guess he's free to turn back into a pumpkin.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Matt Ryan and Kyle Shanahan dress as each other for camp today, no one noticed.

...no they didn't?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

Oh I see Tajh Boyd was released, wonder if he'd be better than Hoyer and Mallett

He couldn't beat out Landry Jones....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Well, just think of the haul of picks you'll get for the number 1 overall next year!

• Locked thread