Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Phobic Nest posted:

I'm just scrolling through GIS, I had no idea there were like three bajillion of these books or that they got so Jesusy.

E: Though that is the Old Testament, hmmm...

E2: MIKE Berenstain? Hmm again.

Dude I have seen a lot of rabbis in my life and I can tell you there is no way in hell that bear is not a Protestant pastor

For the record I definitely remember "stain" not "stein" due to the pronunciation, guess I was born in this dimension

e: I guess he might be a young cool priest who plays guitar at Mass but he is definitely not a rabbi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

What I'm getting from this is that Stan & Jan Berenstain were so good at raising their son Mike with Traditional Family Values that he became a Jesus freak who is completely unable to write anything that doesn't sound like it came out of a Tea-Party-affiliated local newspaper's editorial page

Next up, "The Berenstain Bears Repeal Obamacare". Living Lights: A Faith Story.

e: Mike Berenstain's Mama Bear at least has decent taste in hats

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Budget Dracula posted:

yeah but look at him when the right kind of bears move in

:stare: Those bears are terrifying though, this is some The Hills Have Eyes poo poo

Jan's involved in this one too, clearly Stan's influence was what initially kept the franchise from going full teabagger

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

According to Stan&Jan's Wikipedia page, Stan was Jewish and Jan was Episcopalian. I'm guessing she had more to do with Mike's spiritual upbringing than Stan did.

remigious posted:

Whoa, I thought I had read all of those as a child. I had no idea they had a third cub?? I wonder if the couple that wrote them is still married.

They're dead, hence Mike's Living Lights takeover, but yeah I guess the Berenstain family wasn't a clear enough ripoff of The Simpsons without a baby

That cloth baby-tiara thing is offending my sensibilities :catstare:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

Moonshiners will give free booze to their neighbors in order to keep them quiet and not call the cops.

title makes sense now

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Amorphous Blob posted:

would on wilma bearstone and would on meemaw

Left three look high as balls, right one is literally Boo-boo's head on Wilma's body

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

notZaar posted:

I love the retard smug look on the yokel bear patriarch.

He has palmed a small nip of moonshine and is using that handshake to secretly pass it to Papa Bear as a promise of more 'shine to come if he keeps his hick mouth shut. The Berenstain Bears love their neighbors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gianthogweed posted:

The real conspiracy is that The Simpsons is basically a parody of the Berenstain Bears.

Holy poo poo this works extremely well

• Locked thread