Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
I would like to play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

BottleKnight posted:

everyone knows Dean was the right choice

No way. Totally Jess. They reunite while she's following the campaign. It'd be awesome.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

Jess>Tristan>a life of celibacy

YES! Exactly.

Though, I'd bang Dean over being celibate.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

EccoRaven posted:

:siren: EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE ROLE PMS EXCEPT LJTRIGIRL WHO DOESN'T HAVE PMS AND DIDN'T INCLUDE AN EMAIL ADDRESS :siren:

How do I privately send you my email address without PMs?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

EccoRaven posted:

You don't?

I guess you could email me at username@gmail, but if you're scum/mason/etc. you're going to need to be able to communicate OOT with players, and submit me actions if you have a role.

Just make a dummy email if you're that concerned with privacy.

I guess I didn't realize how stuff worked on this site.

My email address is REDACTED.

I'll probably edit and remove it from this post once I get an email from you. I'm fine with people using it for the game, but I don't like it being posted on the internet forever.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Thanks! :)

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Confirmed! :D

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Merry Christmas!

Check your email and enjoy a free upgrade.

Thank you! You're awesome! :D

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Wheeeeeeeee.

How do I vote?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

##vote Lumpen

Hi! :dance:

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

##grab pearl

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

##grab pearl

:argh:

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I love your guys' smilies, btw.

I think this is my favorite?

:bahgawd:

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

Look, it belongs to the town. I'm just holding it for safekeeping.

If you die, I appreciate your sacrifice.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Hal Incandenza posted:

Help him die!

Actually, there are pretty much 0 worlds where I support lynching him today. How do we know what the pearl does if we instakill the beholder?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Meinberg posted:

Friends, friends, there is no need to go to such extremes, all for the sake of that bauble. I do agree, though, that it is important that we keep it safe. There are those that would murder for such a thing, and they are a grievous threat to all of us. Anyone who would kill for a pearl... they are no friends of mine, or anyone in this pleasant, little village.

I can tell from your avatar that your head is not empty.

But this post was.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Dangit. I'm trying to be all easygoing this game.

So ignore that last post.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

$$

Whenever you see that sign, know that it is I leaving a mark to look back at your post.

What drew your attention in it?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Well to be fair, I think this is only her first game on these forums, so she might not know the uniqueness of joke phase.

Nah. We meta too. And I'm usually the person that gets too serious too quickly. I was planning on waiting until at least D2 before going full on LJ on you guys.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

EXAKT Science posted:

The backpedaling pings me more. It seems manufactured, and we make everything by hand here.

I can be a bit..... assertive? I'm trying not to be so much anymore. idk. Self control is one of those things that I lack.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

After all the heat I took for massive setup spec chat in the Complete Bullshit game, I'm going to try not to do it so much.

Also, Keane is totally weirding me out. I don't know if he's scum, but I don't know what he's trying to do either.

That's pretty much where I'm at. Like, there's faking out to throw evil off, and then there's just talking to make yourself look better. Currently leaning towards the second one. I feel like his stuff has been more geared at making people wary of voting him than trying to confuse evil.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Well I don't know about mayor, but I've seen Ecco use a governor in his last game. Mayor and governor could be used interchangeably for the purposes of role naming.

Governor changes a lynch, Mayor has double vote. Totally different things.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Lumpen posted:

Everyone that Ecco responded to in the thread is probably Town. The posts are taken as sincere and by engaging with them on that basis Ecco, as Mod who knows all the roles, implies that they are Town. I believe Ecco would respond in a ScumDoc for idle chatter to and chat idly about the game with Scum players, rather than posting in-thread.

So directly due to Ecco's post in-thread, my reads are skewed, (right or wrong) toward Town on Jedit, Kashuno, and Bottle Knight. In addition, Ecco directly criticized the vote on QPQ as wrong, and I dont think Ecco woukd do that if Jedit was actually voting a Scum, so QPQ tends to be cleared as well.

Blech. It seems like Ecco is a good mod from what I've heard. I do not like this post. I do not like clearing a handful of people for it.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

If I'm reading diqnol right I'm guessing it's the strong early defence of Sam that would be a strong connection if one of you ends up flipping scum

I mean, do you disagree with it? Lynching the person that's holding the pearl without finding out what it does doesn't make any sense to me.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

Where do you normally play your mafia?

BGG. We call it Werewolf there.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

$$

Venture to make a few guesses now?

I kind of hate this question. It feels like fishing to see what kind of information he may or may not have.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

This is an overly serious reaction to a very jokey post from Hal. Later on she claims that she understands jokephase so why does she react the way she does here? It could be supporting a scum buddy as I already mentioned, it could be she knows the pearl is bad for town. That's all speculation though, my main issue with this post is that I don't see it as a towny way of thinking. If Sam's the scummiest then he should be lynched, pearl or no pearl. This reaction says that ltrigirl is judging the lynch target by a different metric.

Oh hey, it's the traditional Attacking Meinberg Case(TM). We all know Meinberg, we know what he's like on D1, he's such an easy target on D1 cause he's such an awkward poster. I think ljtrigirl's just looking for the easiest target here and doesn't realise that we understand him.

Already been mentioned but backpeddling

This is her making excuses for her playstyle, it's a very defensive move made out of desire to survive.

##vote ljtrigirl

Well, I didn't think his thing about lynching the pearl guy was a joke. Regardless, I wanted to get that out there. There is more than just one scum. And while I lynch claims that I don't believe, if the pearl kills people, we would have to spend a lynch on him if he is scum.

Dude. I'm better at being evil than that.

Also, I have a harsh playstyle. One of the reasons that I came to this site is that I'm trying to be less full on assertive all the time. So, yeah. I saw myself getting too serious to quickly and decided to back off.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Kashuno posted:

What seems strange to me is the backpedaling is immediate, within the same minute. If the backpedaling had been over a longer time, it would make sense to have been a possible reconsideration. Instead, it appears there was a change of heart but the two posts so close timing-wise makes it feel like it was a conscious effort to garner some light town cred.

I don't understand why you think that I reconsidered anything. That was an empty post. It still is an empty post. I just decided not to get overly serious and aggressive early.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

If I do decide to case ljt later in this game please remember that Rarity's case makes her scummier not townier and that my case exists outside of hers tia

Her being rarity or me?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

Wait for it :unsmigghh:

I feel like we're talking about different things though. I mean, it's not like I was suggesting permainvincibility for the person holding the pearl. But given that there are multiple evils AND we don't know what the pearl does but the game seems to be focused on it, why would you be that opposed to a one day no touching period? Like, I'm assuming it's a crucial part of the game. Why wouldn't we trying to figure it out early?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

I'm trying to parse the second part of this sentence and it is making zero sense to me. You lynch claims you don't trust but if the pearl kills people (why would we assume that?) we would have to use a day lynching him if he's scum (as we would any scum). And what does there being more than one scum matter, if Sam's the scummiest he should still be lynched.

PS. Please call it scum instead of evil, it sounds so wrong

Oh boy did you come to the wrong town

Sorry. I call things how I perceive them.

I guess we just disagree then on a mechanical level. Because I want to see what the pearl does. In non-vanilla games, my first priority on D1 is figuring out the mechanics of how the game works to make sure that the rest of the game makes sense within the construct.

There are more than one scum, which means that it's not like we make or break things on D1. If he's scum, he'll still be scum tomorrow and can be lynched.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

The point is she doesn't know his meta so that's why she makes the post. Taken out of context I don't see it as a post worth making a fuss about.

I still don't understand this point. If I was scum, wouldn't my first question to my fellow scum be to see who is perceived as an easy mislynch? And an empty post is an empty post is an empty post. Most other empty posts so far in the game seemed to have a point. That one didn't and felt super awkward in the flow of the game so far, which is why I called it out.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

You guys shouldn't not lynch me because I'm new to this site.

You should not lynch me because I'm good.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Eh. Feeling good about TMM and Merk so far.

I will wait to see things about other people from Rarity. I have this problem where I'm unable to rationally evaluate people accusing me of being evil.

Slight evil lean on Keane and whoever that easy mislynch is, evil leans on Lumpen and the other K guy with the Garbage Dick avatar. Consider my meta on Lumpen real.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Scum found. It's a proven fact that nobody is good at Mafia.

I mean, that's not really true.

But I meant good-aligned. Town.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

You make me want to hang you all the more

I have that effect on some people.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Oh, sorry merk, I seem to like my vote on you more.

Because of the BottleKnight post? Why?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

The combo of Lumpen bandwagoning and the weird reads based on a mod post reads scummy to me. I also didn't like Samfu's anti-content posts cause it's white noise but I haven't seen enough to have a full on case yet.

Ooh, this looks fun. Show me some empty posts made so far and explain the the points you think they're making.

Try being a little less condescending. Thanks.

I'm not going to pull a bunch of empty posts and quote them. If you go look around the time of that post, the rest of them felt like engaging in banter about the game, chithchatting with people, etc. His felt awkward and forced. Scum feel like they have to participate in that kind of thing in early game, and it comes off like a "look, I'm here too. See?" kind of post more than anything else.

Dissecting this to death is boring. Like, if you don't get what I'm saying, you won't. Dragging it out for posts and posts isn't really useful.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

Is he an easy misdunk or is he bad

Add Pinterest Mom to the list of possible evils.

I feel like you can't have actually read my posts and then ask this question.

• Locked thread