Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

false flag rabble rabble rabble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lol trump will win and he'll pull the plug on america and well all finally go swirling down the loving drain

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

reminder that they managed to convince several generations of americans that violent protest and armed resistance are "bad" and as such no sort of real government reform will ever take place again

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

no actually they aren't but check this out you need a "bad" option on the same side as your "good" option or that good option doesn't have any teeth and will never be adopted or are you one of those loving idiots that thinks mlk or gandi were successful because they were "peaceful" rather than because they were a better option than the violent guys that supported the same loving causes gently caress

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

gently caress gandi's actual value was that he was able to, by some loving miracle, control the violence his own side engaged in. this is why his hunger strikes were effective, because if the british had actually let him kill himself his allies would have gone loving APESHIT

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

NutritiousSnack posted:

KKK did do a lot of good.

no actually the kkk did a lot of bad and they did it because they were violent

violence is humanities oldest, clearest, and most effective language

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

nothing will matter once The Trump ascends to his throne and unleashes the armies of hell upon wayward masses

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

ia ia hairpiece fhtagn

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

Marissa Johnson, the 40k/year Christian College Graduate just put this on Facebook:

ok guys weve solved the crime shes just crazy is all

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the real answer is, as always, to calm down, lay down, and give up

join us, those who have stopped caring all that very much, in our nihilistic "heh"ing at the idiocy and futility of the braying masses

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yes vote of the boring self destructive option

oh wait are you assuming that jeb or hillary are going to be the final options

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

we should build a really big like i just mean really loving big rocket and load the whole human race into it and shoot it at the sun

i'ma take the seat closest to the tip

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Love Rat posted:

For decades, every non-profit and activist in the social justice movement understood that, and built coalitions to do exactly that. The social media youth these days, generally speaking, seem to not know or care about how it was done in the past. Part of it is because they're fed up and see that their predecessors have not really pushed the dial very far, but it's also just sheer ignorance borne of the notion that youth is indestructible and can shape the world. They seem to be setting themselves up for the hard lessons of sixties radicalism again, but with even less actual ideas to sustain them.

it really really doesn't help that school has gone out of it's way to gloss over or straight up omit a lot of important poo poo from the history that is taught

in order to really know about this stuff they would need to go out of their way to learn about it, and teaching ones self anything can be loving hard

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

you aint gotta say psuedo-intellectual you can just say stupid or retarded i recommend retarded it's a way cooler sounding word

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Keg posted:

I was mistaken: It was an adult bird.

that makes it ok

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Tautologicus posted:

Who distributes it and how?

doesn't loving matter and equally

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Tautologicus posted:

It matters a whole lot who and how. Equally is borderline meaningless, equally by what standard?

i duno what metric would you like to use?

i mean we could choose sex or race would one of those make you happy?

how about umm... erm... worth? would that work for you? we give the people worth more more? I mean clearly some people are worth more than others right?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Ork of Fiction posted:

Classroom segregation helps enforce conformity, which in turn helps make sure that the students give the same correct answers to the questions being asked.

There's a lot more to school and learning than saying the correct answer. For example, interacting with a variety of peers.

but how do i test if the students are interacting with a variety of peers?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

It strikes me that it's probably more of an issue of removing distractions than enforcing conformity.

that's because you are dumb as hell

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

The Saurus posted:

equally is pretty fuckin clear as an answer and you seem to be really struggling with equal distribution of wealth as a concept

noooo dont talk to it nooooo

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Tautologicus posted:

Yes but people won't pay more for something than the next person when eveyone makes the same earnings, because the price is no longer the criteria of value.

Gotta start somewhere. Redistributing the wealth is a core reason why Sanders is popular. Jealous talentless liberals think theyll get a freebie. Sanders is alright overall though

everyone makes the same earrings i know this because people are like robots and all products they churn out are identical in every aspect

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Cowman posted:

You have a memento from the first date with your significant other. You have been happily married for many years. The memento is a useless trinket, perhaps a receipt from the restaurant you ate at, it holds no monetary value whatsoever and others would see it as trash. Despite this, you hold onto it. It is significant. Why is it significant?

beep boop i do not understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yeah it's important to keep in mind that "do better" in this case means "score better on tests" and not "be a more complete and capable human being"

• Locked thread