Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
this thread is thumsbs down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Fonzarelli posted:

bears have vicious huge teeth and claws, I think it would just tear the dumb ape's guts out like it was digging a hole

You've been to Yellowstone, I take it?

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Fonzarelli posted:

i haven't but i want to, american wilderness is iconic and cool

It is pretty awesome. Every day I was there there was some asian person trying to put one of their kids on a wild animal or walking perilously close to immediate boiling.

Atrocity tourism at its' best.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
all i know is that breakfast cereal will never be the same again :newlol:

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

zimboe posted:

All the big primates have fangs. They are personal weapons, like a switchblade to a modern man. Not for eating meat with serrated edges, but round in profile to stab- basically for settling personal differences.

And we still got our fangs.
Feel up around your eye teeth and feel how far up the root canals go, almost up to your nostrils.
Evolution has retracted the exposed part because tooth decay is a killer, but the foundations for those big tapered cylindrical teeth still exist in the upper mandible.

so ur a dentist who likes to kill things huh?

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

zimboe posted:

Well put, Sir.
The gorilla would be curious, the bear wary.
They might become buddies, who knows.

This sounds like an 80s sitcom that just needs to be made.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

naem posted:

Grizzlies coexisted with wooly mammoths and saber tooth tigers and other scary ice age animals, their aggressive behavior was an adaptation to deal with threats on that level with gorillas are our hairy vegan weightlifter pals

Go visit Yellowstone. Not a day goes by that some idiot tries to pet an elk or put their kid on a bison. If you are really lucky, you'll get there before the ranger stops it. :dance:

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

ROFLburger posted:

i could probably beat 98% of gbs at quake tho

are you that dude who makes his own quake levels and got banned for being a sperg back in like '01 because he was kind of kick-rear end

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

ROFLburger posted:

any challengers wanna duel????????

WAIT LET ME GO FIND A MODEM!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

zimboe posted:

They are huge, testy beasts that will stomp your mortal rear end flush into the sod with their hooves if they so take a notion to.

If you don't gently caress with them, they're pretty cool. Same with Bison and Moose. Just let them be and don't gently caress around and worst you have to deal with is poo poo on your yard. Never dealt with a grizzly, but hear/saw one outside and decided I could poo poo in the chamber pot instead of goiing out. Goddamn I miss living in nature :cry:

• Locked thread